Bug: The Hospital in Jeopardy Story Instance [Merged]

Kim.4152

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least it's fixed now, but I am _not_ happy with how long it took the devs to fix this issue. It's been, what, two weeks now? I started to play this game years after release, just to hit a bug very early on in the storyline. I won't be recommending this game to my friends.

• 3 months later...

Yes, I just did it on a Ranger and a Mesmer. Professions with 'pets' seem to be able to get past the 'obstructed door' bug, without actually passing through the doorway.

The final instance in this L10 arc is bugged as well; the models for the PC, Logan and Anise all stay in the cell. Invisible renditions of all 3 characters do complete the story, though.

1) Still broken.

2) The ranger pet trick works with elementalist's Glyph of Lesser Elementals. Stand on the fence to the right of the door, use the glyph and the elemental will spawn inside the hospital. Don't run to the door or it will teleport out to join you. Just stay where you are and use the elementals skill to direct it towards the bandits (if necessary). The first time this seems to 'unstick' everyone and the bandits will run out to attack you so you can wipe them out. Ted and Blaize stay inside but you can repeat the elemental trick to get them out.

I encountered this issue for the first time today.

I find it confusing and troubling that such a small thing can remain unfixed for so long. New players coming to the game may encounter this quickly, and based on the lack of attention it has been given, being unresolved for over 4 months, may take this as a sign the developers do not care.

It can be hard to support a game which includes progression halting issues. Yes, players can still increase the level of their character and progress through the game in other ways, but for anyone wanting to progress slowly through the game and it's story content this issue only hinders them and potentially ends both their enjoyment and their interest.

> @"Kong.3280" said:

> I encountered this issue for the first time today.

>

> I find it confusing and troubling that such a small thing can remain unfixed for so long. New players coming to the game may encounter this quickly, and based on the lack of attention it has been given, being unresolved for over 4 months, may take this as a sign the developers do not care.

>

> It can be hard to support a game which includes progression halting issues. Yes, players can still increase the level of their character and progress through the game in other ways, but for anyone wanting to progress slowly through the game and it's story content this issue only hinders them and potentially ends both their enjoyment and their interest.

I do this Story Step at least once per week. This is the first time I've encountered the bug. Thus, it hasn't gone months or more without being resolved; some bugs have a way of returning after being fixed, or only show up under special circumstances or certain players, or a combination, etc. I'm not sure a pesky bug that is wont to return indicates the Devs do not care.

> @"Kirkland.3409" said:

> I'm now stuck on this quest because of it! I'm a new player and as a warrior I can't do anything but watch from the outside. I was enjoying it up to this moment now it is just frustrating.

>

> Is there anyway I can get round this as a warrior?

Quit and start again.

Nice way to introduce new players to the game with this months old bug. :(

> @"Kirkland.3409" said:

> Is there anyway I can get round this as a warrior?

Yes. Select one of the named enemies inside. Jump on the fence near the wall to the right of the door and move until all the NPCs that follow you around have teleported inside the house. Use the skill "On My Mark" on the targeted enemy, it can pass through walls and will aggro them. Once aggroed they will start fighting the NPCs. Stay in the same place roughly around the middle of the wall. From there you can occasionally hit an enemy with the sword skills through the wall, and res the NPCs when they die.

You can also try going in front of the door to bait them into coming outside, which is much faster, but not all of them will do that. I _think_ you only have to kill the 4 named NPCs to continue the instance, so target those. It depends on luck so you may have to retry this a couple of times until you manage to get all enemies.