Character Select screen static image

I've noticed since yesterday I've had a bug with the character select screen. When the game loads to the character select screen I'll see my characters then it'll switch to a static image for about 15 seconds then back to the active character select screen. The first time it was a static image of my characters with another character showing instead of my last played one. It's not animated. The last few times it's just showing the Gendarran Fields loading screen then back to my active character select. It seems to be pulling some static image buffered from somewhere and displaying it. I ran the data file repair and still get the issue.

Win 7 Pro 64bit

AMD FX-8150 8 core processor @ 3.6Ghz

24 GB ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

Drivers/software for gfx card up to date

I don't know if it's the same issue, but my wife had the same thing you describe happening. Apparently when he PC updated/restarted so did discord. The discord overlay was blocking her mouse and causing the character screen to freeze. Any app that might have an overlay that you use might cause this issue. I closed out of discord and her issue went away instantly.

> @"Diablue.5710" said:

> I don't know if it's the same issue, but my wife had the same thing you describe happening. Apparently when he PC updated/restarted so did discord. The discord overlay was blocking her mouse and causing the character screen to freeze. Any app that might have an overlay that you use might cause this issue. I closed out of discord and her issue went away instantly.

Mine only started Tuesday. I updated my gfx card software last week and I didn't have any problems until yesterday. They usually push some change to the game even if it's just the gem store update on Tuesdays. The only overlay I have going is the NVidia FPS counter in the lower corner. Something had to have changed in the game yesterday to cause it.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Diablue.5710" said:

> > I don't know if it's the same issue, but my wife had the same thing you describe happening. Apparently when he PC updated/restarted so did discord. The discord overlay was blocking her mouse and causing the character screen to freeze. Any app that might have an overlay that you use might cause this issue. I closed out of discord and her issue went away instantly.

>

> Mine only started Tuesday. I updated my gfx card software last week and I didn't have any problems until yesterday. They usually push some change to the game even if it's just the gem store update on Tuesdays. The only overlay I have going is the NVidia FPS counter in the lower corner. Something had to have changed in the game yesterday to cause it.

The discord issue started yesterday as well, might try turning off all overlays to see if it relates. Could help get to the root of the issue. Good luck

> @"Diablue.5710" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > @"Diablue.5710" said:

> > > I don't know if it's the same issue, but my wife had the same thing you describe happening. Apparently when he PC updated/restarted so did discord. The discord overlay was blocking her mouse and causing the character screen to freeze. Any app that might have an overlay that you use might cause this issue. I closed out of discord and her issue went away instantly.

> >

> > Mine only started Tuesday. I updated my gfx card software last week and I didn't have any problems until yesterday. They usually push some change to the game even if it's just the gem store update on Tuesdays. The only overlay I have going is the NVidia FPS counter in the lower corner. Something had to have changed in the game yesterday to cause it.

>

> The discord issue started yesterday as well, might try turning off all overlays to see if it relates. Could help get to the root of the issue. Good luck

>

It does go away with the FPS overlay off. I don't use discord so the game client is the common denominator. Something must have changed in the game. It's not a game ending bug. More just visually annoying for a moment. What graphics card does she use?

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"Diablue.5710" said:

> > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > > @"Diablue.5710" said:

> >

> > The discord issue started yesterday as well, might try turning off all overlays to see if it relates. Could help get to the root of the issue. Good luck

> >

>

> It does go away with the FPS overlay off. I don't use discord so the game client is the common denominator. Something must have changed in the game. It's not a game ending bug. More just visually annoying for a moment. What graphics card does she use?

It's an old gtx 550ti, 8g ram, CPU is AMD Phenom II x4 970 3.5ghz. Yeah they must have tweaked something off the record to make this issue.