Silverwastes refuses to load

I don't know what the problem is, but whenever I try to zone into The Silverwastes, my internet and/or laptop just refuses to load. The connection to the map will just hang and hang until eventually I repeatedly get DC'd, or the game crashes. This is the only map in which this happens; other zones load in quickly and fine.

Specs:

OS: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)

CPU: Intel® Core i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

Memory: 16 GB DDR4 @ 2400 MHz

GPU: Radeon RX 580

GPU Software Version: 17.1.1

As far as internet goes, I tether my internet through my smart phone, but that shouldn't be the reason because as I said before, other zones have no issues at all. I don't know what to do anymore. I can provide any other info that would be relevant but can anyone try and help me?

Thanks!

You can use -maploadinfo to see if it's actually doing anything. Some people have had problems connecting to specific IPs, where the loading screen will get stuck in a waiting state for over a minute, then show a connection error message. If this is happening, first ensure you're not being blocked by any software you may be running. You could try running the game on port 80 or 443 (-clientport 80), but you'll likely need to use a VPN.

If the game isn't fully downloaded, you may want to try that first, using -image

Note the IP of the instance using -maploadinfo. As an alternative, you can try getting into a different instance by either joining on someone or through chance by guesting to the other popular servers.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> You can use -maploadinfo to see if it's actually doing anything. Some people have had problems connecting to specific IPs, where the loading screen will get stuck in a waiting state for over a minute, then show a connection error message. If this is happening, first ensure you're not being blocked by any software you may be running. You could try running the game on port 80 or 443 (-clientport 80), but you'll likely need to use a VPN.

>

> If the game isn't fully downloaded, you may want to try that first, using -image

>

> Note the IP of the instance using -maploadinfo. As an alternative, you can try getting into a different instance by either joining on someone or through chance by guesting to the other popular servers.

Yeah, this is exactly what's happening, with the connection error message. I'm at work but I'll try out your suggestions when I get home. Thanks!