[Help] Planning a jack-of-all-trades Rev

Meestercat.2748

Hi all,

My altitis has kicked in and I’m levelling my first Rev. Can you give some advice for what I should be aiming for when she hits level 80?

I’m looking for a build that can do a little bit of everything in PVE. Currently I’m using a sword/axe + hammer power build to hit 80, but what would you recommend next? I aim to be doing open world, some fractals, PoF storyline and LW4 stuff.

I guess the main question would be which elite spec first - I see contradicting info about Renegade and Herald. Also, would it be best to go Condi regardless of spec?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> Hammer/Staff, Glint/Shiro, Devastation/Invocation/Herald, Full Berserkers

>

> You can play anything at above average levels. Don't be afraid to swap to shiro, don't be afraid to swap to staff.

I have ran this build forever and trust me when I say believe in Justine. There is so much u can do with this build and as a rev.

Whoa there, not so fast!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8snXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFUlStC+gRINAKgE4PEPxXE-jBiAABQqEM6nAwi6HIcfA0U+p+CDmq+DAnEASBsomN-e

You said jack of all trades, right? Well there here's a celestial based renegade for you. You can do condi + power damage (kalla's fervor gets crit damage surprisingly high for a celestial build). Thanks to 33% free crit when endurance full you get high enough crit rate to matter in power setting. And thanks to trait enchanced F2 skill combined with mace's fire field blasting and sword's #3 might generation you won't be running low on might in your fights.

Also stuck you some defense in there with retribution line - a new and upcoming rev needs that line like oxygen, especially if they're not the tanky herald, but much more offensive renegade.

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> Whoa there, not so fast!

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8snXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFUlStC+gRINAKgE4PEPxXE-jBiAABQqEM6nAwi6HIcfA0U+p+CDmq+DAnEASBsomN-e

>

> You said jack of all trades, right? Well there here's a celestial based renegade for you. You can do condi + power damage (kalla's fervor gets crit damage surprisingly high for a celestial build). Thanks to 33% free crit when endurance full you get high enough crit rate to matter in power setting. And thanks to trait enchanced F2 skill combined with mace's fire field blasting and sword's #3 might generation you won't be running low on might in your fights.

>

> Also stuck you some defense in there with retribution line - a new and upcoming rev needs that line like oxygen, especially if they're not the tanky herald, but much more offensive renegade.

Wow, that really is jack of all trades!

I presume the general idea is to open with Mace/Axe to get some condis rolling, then switch to Swords to finish the job.

Part of me thinks there’s no way in hell that build could work (?), but I’m willing to defer to people with more practice and knowledge.

Well it certainly won't be as hard hitting as specialized build ;) But the point is to let you experience both condi and power, cause imho condi is lotsa fun on rev. Also condi is the meta for raids and fractals, so that's a thing too;)

Just play it how you like it ;) It's for fun. Also jack of all trades must have stats for all occasions, and that means celestial ;) Or legendary armor;)

> @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> Whoa there, not so fast!

>

> http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQRApX8snXNeNSqJvJR/kHlsgykS4Q5SJYrsrkFUlStC+gRINAKgE4PEPxXE-jBiAABQqEM6nAwi6HIcfA0U+p+CDmq+DAnEASBsomN-e

>

> You said jack of all trades, right? Well there here's a celestial based renegade for you. You can do condi + power damage (kalla's fervor gets crit damage surprisingly high for a celestial build). Thanks to 33% free crit when endurance full you get high enough crit rate to matter in power setting. And thanks to trait enchanced F2 skill combined with mace's fire field blasting and sword's #3 might generation you won't be running low on might in your fights.

>

> Also stuck you some defense in there with retribution line - a new and upcoming rev needs that line like oxygen, especially if they're not the tanky herald, but much more offensive renegade.

Have to admit that does look fun. Not a rune choice I would have anticipated either.