[vT]Hobo: Grieving Reaper WvW Roaming [Video]

Helly.2597

> @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > @"Helly.2597" said:

> > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > >I do not know of these competent roamers you are talking about.

> > > Are you from NA?

> > >

> > > In EU 90% of the necro builds published in this forum achieve a K/D ratio of maybe 1/10 in duells. They are gimmicky. There is no scenario in a non static environment where flesh wurm is any good and worth a utility slot. Spectral wall? The builds that skill would be useful against (warriors!) just walk through and ignore it because of stability/resistance.

> > >

> > > Even the berserker shout reaper build in Nimons video seems to shine in 1v1, but is trash in real world roaming. Meta warriors/spellbreakers, dragonhunters/core guards , soulbeasts, thieves, trailblazer scourges, power shiros, axe/focus/gs-berserker/cavalier reapers ... they all destroy that build at the same skill level or even below. I know it because I played it ages ago (HoT release) when it was even stronger and dropped it as it has too many counters and lacks an oh kitten button like plague signet when condi spiked or the spectral armor/shroud combo when power spiked. In this video there are many moments where the opponent of the poster missed a big window of opportunity to finish him off and gave him room to recover for no reason.

> > >

> > > What's the point of roaming when you run a build that can't beat the metabattle copy/paste builds 90% of all roamers run? Maybe in NA people run more trash builds in WvW like they also do in PvP. I don't know...

> >

> > Man you've got to relax a bit man. It's really easy to sit in your chair and overanalyze videos. I don't really upload to impress people. I'd be the first person to admit the build probably sucks and isn't any use, but I'd rather use a build like that instead of just playing TB scourge and duoing with a firebrand and rolling over kitten 2v8.

> >

> > Who cares about duels? I can cherrypick opponents that suck and achieve over a 1/10 ratio on a base necro using death magic/blood/ and a blank traitline. Against roamers I've actually seen around doing 1v3s it's probably closer to 60% winrate for the build I've been playing when I 1v1 them, but who cares? I can't lie, if you're getting 1/10 winrate on any class in duels against the average skilled dueler in WvW the issue goes beyond the build.

> >

> > It is humorous to me that apparently in the 1 day a week I actually play this game that I must only face horrible opponents and that clearly the only reason why any fights are won are because my opponents are so dumb they manage to carry me. Hell a 2min fight against a warrior that keeps trying to bait out my cds and I get hit by 1 burst skill in the entire fight, I must've been lucky.

> >

> > You two need to take a breather and appreciate that anyone is willing to give reaper content at this point. And if you think you can do better I'll look for the video of you doing outnumbered fights on a reaper build consistently.

>

> You probably wont find any to be honest. This is a guy claiming MH dagger has a higher skill cap than GS.

>

> Anyone playing a reaper should understand the spec itself under-performs right now due to the degen change and nerf to SoS. So have fun with it if you choose to play it but understand it's not setting records for optimal play.

>

> DM/BM core can actually be very good depending on matchups, though. I recently trolled one into a guildmate of mine that plays an absolutely disgusting condi rev who consistently wins outnumbered into verifiably decent players and probably pushed about a 70% WR into him which I can't do on anything else I main. Even things like power daredevil die quick to it as well. Definitely has a really weird playstyle though and I think that trips most people up because unless you kind of solve that puzzle before playing it, the build will in fact suck :P

I've fought that type of condi rev too. Boon spam torment spam sustain bot that is near unkillable by power opponents.

I've seen condi boon spam revs wreck even pro roamers like RDRM. Couldn't even bring his HP down below 50%.

The last time I wrecked one convincingly was when condi Reaper was still a thing lol.

Since then I've managed only one lucky win against a decent condi rev by dropping SR for Curses.

Nice video @"Helly.2597" its good to see that build works against non-deadeyes haha. Mad respect for seeing a reaper solo-roam. I remember killing you a bunch two or 3 weeks ago, though to be fair, Rifle DE vs. any Reaper is a super lopsided matchup. x3

-Sincerely,

Fort Aspenwood Charr Rifle Deadeye who abuses [Death's Retreat] like whoa.

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> Nice video @"Helly.2597" its good to see that build works against non-deadeyes haha. Mad respect for seeing a reaper solo-roam. I remember killing you a bunch two or 3 weeks ago, though to be fair, Rifle DE vs. any Reaper is a super lopsided matchup. x3

>

> -Sincerely,

> Fort Aspenwood Charr Rifle Deadeye who abuses [Death's Retreat] like whoa.

Thanks I appreciate it. Apparently the key to solo roaming on reaper (or any necro spec) is a short memory cause if I'm honest I don't remember any deadeyes in particular haha. Any ranged spec with mobility should dumpster all the necro specs so I wouldn't be surprised if I was the victim of a deadeye for a day especially if I didn't have good Los.

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> > @"DeceiverX.8361" said:

> > > @"Helly.2597" said:

> > > > @"KrHome.1920" said:

> > > > > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > > > >I do not know of these competent roamers you are talking about.

> > > > Are you from NA?

> > > >

> > > > In EU 90% of the necro builds published in this forum achieve a K/D ratio of maybe 1/10 in duells. They are gimmicky. There is no scenario in a non static environment where flesh wurm is any good and worth a utility slot. Spectral wall? The builds that skill would be useful against (warriors!) just walk through and ignore it because of stability/resistance.

> > > >

> > > > Even the berserker shout reaper build in Nimons video seems to shine in 1v1, but is trash in real world roaming. Meta warriors/spellbreakers, dragonhunters/core guards , soulbeasts, thieves, trailblazer scourges, power shiros, axe/focus/gs-berserker/cavalier reapers ... they all destroy that build at the same skill level or even below. I know it because I played it ages ago (HoT release) when it was even stronger and dropped it as it has too many counters and lacks an oh kitten button like plague signet when condi spiked or the spectral armor/shroud combo when power spiked. In this video there are many moments where the opponent of the poster missed a big window of opportunity to finish him off and gave him room to recover for no reason.

> > > >

> > > > What's the point of roaming when you run a build that can't beat the metabattle copy/paste builds 90% of all roamers run? Maybe in NA people run more trash builds in WvW like they also do in PvP. I don't know...

> > >

> > > Man you've got to relax a bit man. It's really easy to sit in your chair and overanalyze videos. I don't really upload to impress people. I'd be the first person to admit the build probably sucks and isn't any use, but I'd rather use a build like that instead of just playing TB scourge and duoing with a firebrand and rolling over kitten 2v8.

> > >

> > > Who cares about duels? I can cherrypick opponents that suck and achieve over a 1/10 ratio on a base necro using death magic/blood/ and a blank traitline. Against roamers I've actually seen around doing 1v3s it's probably closer to 60% winrate for the build I've been playing when I 1v1 them, but who cares? I can't lie, if you're getting 1/10 winrate on any class in duels against the average skilled dueler in WvW the issue goes beyond the build.

> > >

> > > It is humorous to me that apparently in the 1 day a week I actually play this game that I must only face horrible opponents and that clearly the only reason why any fights are won are because my opponents are so dumb they manage to carry me. Hell a 2min fight against a warrior that keeps trying to bait out my cds and I get hit by 1 burst skill in the entire fight, I must've been lucky.

> > >

> > > You two need to take a breather and appreciate that anyone is willing to give reaper content at this point. And if you think you can do better I'll look for the video of you doing outnumbered fights on a reaper build consistently.

> >

> > You probably wont find any to be honest. This is a guy claiming MH dagger has a higher skill cap than GS.

> >

> > Anyone playing a reaper should understand the spec itself under-performs right now due to the degen change and nerf to SoS. So have fun with it if you choose to play it but understand it's not setting records for optimal play.

> >

> > DM/BM core can actually be very good depending on matchups, though. I recently trolled one into a guildmate of mine that plays an absolutely disgusting condi rev who consistently wins outnumbered into verifiably decent players and probably pushed about a 70% WR into him which I can't do on anything else I main. Even things like power daredevil die quick to it as well. Definitely has a really weird playstyle though and I think that trips most people up because unless you kind of solve that puzzle before playing it, the build will in fact suck :P

>

> I've fought that type of condi rev too. Boon spam torment spam sustain bot that is near unkillable by power opponents.

>

> I've seen condi boon spam revs wreck even pro roamers like RDRM. Couldn't even bring his HP down below 50%.

>

> The last time I wrecked one convincingly was when condi Reaper was still a thing lol.

>

> Since then I've managed only one lucky win against a decent condi rev by dropping SR for Curses.

I did it with Marauder/Valkyrie DM/BM/SR and DM/BM/Spite using Staff + A/D. Higher-precision builds focusing on more Marauder and should take Spite over SR for more damage and the extra cleanse on heal, but I was literally just using my SR reaper armor when I did this, so I needed the extra crit chance since the matches with Spite usually came down to RNG making me lucky/unlucky with my low precision.

DM/Core is seriously underrated for the current meta when playing into Scourge/condi specs.

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Is anyone interested to see some core necro roaming?

> Then im going to try to get some more video material.

> So its not just 3 fights against noobish players, that underestimated the core necro.

>

Yes! I saw on YouTube someone from forum members(dont remember name sry) core condi roaming IT was Fun to watch!

> @"Catchyfx.5768" said:

> > @"Nimon.7840" said:

> > Is anyone interested to see some core necro roaming?

> > Then im going to try to get some more video material.

> > So its not just 3 fights against noobish players, that underestimated the core necro.

> >

>

> Yes! I saw on YouTube someone from forum members(dont remember name sry) core condi roaming IT was Fun to watch!

Im gonna upload some clips as soon, as i get home from work.

Problem is, i didnt find any real good opponents. Only one, that beat me on his spellbreaker and sadly i didnt press the recording button on this fight. So dont expect too much. And it will be a short video, because i take like 2 hours to upload 5 minutes of video.

New video, mixture of scourge (mainly) and some reaper. No solo roaming this time mainly group fights. Less of the impressive number of opponents (besides the first fight being a 3v7+5) but leaning towards fights where its a bit touch and go for a bit.