Account banned from buying gems, zero communication from customer support. Please help..

> @"Guthlac.4523" said:

> They were obviously having issues identifying who was doing what because the request made to my first ticket was for me to submit another without running my VPN.

They don't want you contacting support with a VPN because they want to trace your location. A VPN can be anywhere, whereas your real IP will reveal your ISP and where it is. It's simply a security check, though if you've never once revealed your actual location, that check will fail anyways.

You'll know if you were banned for buying gems because there will be a record of the payment going through, then reversed.

The problem with using a VPN is that you're sharing an IP, and if you happen to be sharing an IP where the majority of its users are bots for example, you're going to eventually be caught along with them. Likewise, if you log into someone else's account, ArenaNet now thinks both accounts are owned by the same person, so if one is banned, the other is also.