Endless Desert Mystery Tonic - account bound?

Is there a specific reason that "Endless Desert Mystery Tonics" got changed to account bound?

I didnt see any announcement nor a hint that they will make them account bound which is kinda frustrating. (Did I miss it?)

I bought around 8 tonics to make a few gold if they should increase in price over time but i cant even sell them anymore since they got accoutnt bound, excluding those that are already on the TP.

Is there a chance that it will be reverted or at least changed to "if you use the tonic it will get account bound.."?

Since i worded my earlier post poorly and I am not able to edit it, Im gonna try to explain my point of view again (more detailed) and hopefully this isnt against the rules of the forum.

Yesterday after the Ls S4Ep2 patch I looked out for new items from the BLC (Black Lion Chest) and noticed the new "Endless Branded Tonic" in the Rare drops section and since im colleting the tonics i thought about buying it. At the same time I looked into the "Endless Desert Tonics" if they had made any changes since it kinda bugged me that they were still tradeable after using them (the same way the 3 core mystery tonics (furniture, forest, beast) worked in the past if im right -> and the "Endless Desert Tonic" worked until yesterday).

Surprisingly they changed the "Endless Desert Tonic" into "account bound on acquire" which made no sense to me since nowadays

youll receive the "Unopened Endless Tonic" which will be bound to your account if you use them (the new "Endless Branded Tonic" works the same way) or you choose to sell them on the TP (trading post).

As stated above I bought a few desert tonics in the past to make some gold if they increase in price but thats not possible anymore. If the tonics were not listed at the TP already you cant sell them anymore since they are account bound on acquire -> lying around in the inventory counts as "acquired" (which makes sense).

It is frustrating because I dont see any reason for this one specific change since other mystery tonics from the BLC are still working with the "unopened system" (apart from the gold loss, which is kinda annoying tbh.)

I didnt see anything about that change in the patchnotes, nor any hints from Anet that they intended to change this specific tonic into "account bound on acquire" only.

I do hope that Anet will see the post and maybe they can shed some light on the topic and tell me why they went through with the change or point out that Im talking nonsense since were talking about the upcoming change and I just didnt see it.

Thanks for reading through the wall of text and feel free to share your information on this topic.

Little Update:

The tradingwindow which opens when you click on the "Endless Desert Tonic" seems to be buggy since its loading for minutes and nothing happens afterwards.

> @"Zavve.8205" said:

> woah, glad I sold mine a few days ago.

Glad you made it in time and hopefully they will change the whole "account bound on acquire" system.