Every so often I drop to 5 fps for minutes at a time

I'm on an i5 6600k, gtx 970. I used to run this game perfectly when I played 2 years ago and now, while seemingly the same, I get these periods of gameplay in which I'm playing a slide show. I don't know what's going on but I only have this problem on GW2. I play other games just fine. Doesn't matter what I put my settings to this will happen to me without fail. It makes the game unplayable, last 3+ minutes each time, and it happens frequently enough for me to be unable to do even fractals properly. Is this a known issue or am I alone here?

I get the very same issue all the time for a few days now. It makes it very hard to enjoy the game. I haven't updated my drivers in the timespan and I haven't done anything else that would somehow alter my systems performance. It's not just one certain maps, it can happen anywhere. I am not sure, but it might be related to tabbing out of the game in windowed mode, because restarting the game seems to fix the issue for some time.

Changing to fullscreen doesn't help, everything on low the fps will still go down to 2 fps every now and then. I repeat, this only happens for like a week or so. Before I was able to get steady fps above 30 at the very worst moments or at least it seemed to run smoothly. Now, it's like the screen totally freezes from time to time and it's extremely hard to play, especially since I am an active commander.

I have this exact same problem. It started a couple weeks ago, strangely went away for a bit, and then came back last week. Every five minutes or so it just turns into a slideshow and then goes away after a minute. It's made the game basically unplayable and I'm pretty sure it's not internet related since it's happened on multiple internet connections.

I just want to add that I just repaired my game by adding the -repair command and now it SEEMS to be working as intended. I was able to increase the graphics and haven't encountered a specific lag spike while playing for around 30 minutes now.

Maybe it will help you guys as well?