Mesmer get together?

Arlette.9684

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> It's gonna take me a while to gear so won't be stepping into wvw for a while! :o But yeah certainly - added you on the FL in game. Going to work on unlocking mirage again first!

I admittedly know zero about PvE, but it seems to me getting into WvW asap is one of your quickest ways to start gearing. Crystal Desert reward track gives you an exotic armor piece per completion with your choice of any stat in game, currency for ascended trinkets/armor/weapons, and marks to unlock Mirage.

> @"Arlette.9684" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > @"Tinnel.4369" said:

> > > > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > > > @"eldenbri.1059" said:

> > > > > > > In terms of wvw, not sure how things will go with the world changes that are planned and haven't played wvw for more than 3 weeks (hand surgery recovery), but I've enjoyed playing on Northern Shiverpeaks as a roamer for the last few years. There are quite a few other roamer regulars there, and any time I've felt like running with a bigger group, I've felt welcome.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I was reading this thread (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/25523/uncle-nsp-wants-you/p2) regarding NSP and it looks like fun. Going to read some more, but that's certainly on the shortlist. Hope your hand is recovering well. :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Edit - ok decided to jump in NSP - I figured no point really faffing about because the restructure will be soon anyway and it's going to take me time to gear up properly. OH my god, all the keybindings... have to redo those as well, and other settings.

> > > > >

> > > > > I just recently went to NSP to get away from T1/2. I chose based on their middle of the road coverage across EST/PST NA coverage and that the general feedback was the community was overall of the maturer variety. We're perpetually outnumbered/in last place, but I'm having a ton more fun with the roaming and zerg harrassing without getting run over from all sides. Hit me up!

> > > >

> > > > It's gonna take me a while to gear so won't be stepping into wvw for a while! :o But yeah certainly - added you on the FL in game. Going to work on unlocking mirage again first!

> > > >

> > > > > @"ovinnik.9216" said:

> > > > > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > > > > Question - is there any point buying HoT if not wanting to use Chrono? As there's no sale on I'm thinking of saving cost and just going with PoF. Was going to put this off till later hoping for a sale, but the level to 80 boost is a nice addition as well that will make things easier.

> > > > >

> > > > > Well, the current sale (25 %) on the official website's been extended. Also applies to HoT when bundled with PoF, as far as I know:

> > > >

> > > > Oh yeah, nice one! :D Thank you for that - I thought the sale was over.

> > >

> > > Gear? All you need is dire and condi duration runes, isn’t that what everyone runs? Jk, I know everyone runs the meta all trait line, perma invulnerable, 4K Power and condi damage with 100% crit.

> > >

> > > And good luck on getting everything. If you need assistance just holler.

> >

> > Ta will do, added you as well. :) I just got PoF with that discount. Shame not to have gliding but tbh in wvw gliding is free and I can't see myself doing any kind of in depth map exploration requiring either gliding or the griffon.

>

> It just hit me, you’ll be rolling without any WvW rank pts, for a while. Ouch!

:o good point... well I suppose it'll be a good challenge (I say hopefully... all those little things do add up).

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

>

> > It's gonna take me a while to gear so won't be stepping into wvw for a while! :o But yeah certainly - added you on the FL in game. Going to work on unlocking mirage again first!

>

> I admittedly know zero about PvE, but it seems to me getting into WvW asap is one of your quickest ways to start gearing. Crystal Desert reward track gives you an exotic armor piece per completion with your choice of any stat in game, currency for ascended trinkets/armor/weapons, and marks to unlock Mirage.

>

>

Ooooh, I think I'll be faceplanting a lot without at least unlocking mirage first! I've got so used to the dodge it's really weird playing without it now. I keep cancelling my skills by dodging. Gear sure - I think I'll be able to manage with sub standard gear providing skills and traits are in order.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Ooooh, I think I'll be faceplanting a lot without at least unlocking mirage first! I've got so used to the dodge it's really weird playing without it now. I keep cancelling my skills by dodging. Gear sure - I think I'll be able to manage with sub standard gear providing skills and traits are in order.

Happy to help supplement the cause if I can, crafting, gold (I think I still have some of that), etc.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Ooooh, I think I'll be faceplanting a lot without at least unlocking mirage first! I've got so used to the dodge it's really weird playing without it now. I keep cancelling my skills by dodging. Gear sure - I think I'll be able to manage with sub standard gear providing skills and traits are in order.

Do you get pips right off or do you have to wait a week? By taking marks from the pip chests you can easily unlock Mirage in 12 hours worth of play time.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

>

> > Ooooh, I think I'll be faceplanting a lot without at least unlocking mirage first! I've got so used to the dodge it's really weird playing without it now. I keep cancelling my skills by dodging. Gear sure - I think I'll be able to manage with sub standard gear providing skills and traits are in order.

>

> Happy to help supplement the cause if I can, crafting, gold (I think I still have some of that), etc.

Very kind of you, as with all you NA folk. :) Some of the things I need are time gated anyway (ie charged quartz and ascended trinkets), so will have to play through a bit of content. All my EU ascended trinkets are infused/attuned for maximum wvw infusions, but I don't think I need to push for that kind of min-maxing to start with.

> @"Tinnel.4369" said:

>

> > Ooooh, I think I'll be faceplanting a lot without at least unlocking mirage first! I've got so used to the dodge it's really weird playing without it now. I keep cancelling my skills by dodging. Gear sure - I think I'll be able to manage with sub standard gear providing skills and traits are in order.

>

> Do you get pips right off or do you have to wait a week? By taking marks from the pip chests you can easily unlock Mirage in 12 hours worth of play time.

I'm not too sure. The TP is actually closed to me for 4 days which is weird, so perhaps wvw pips could be locked on a new account for a match or something. I can see that unlocking mirage will be faster in wvw, but I can't bring myself to do what it'll take to get those pips going - ie play core mesmer and stick closely to large groups/be gank fodder for opponents! xD I don't think it'll take me too long to roll through some PoF and get basic skills unlocked - I'm happy to do that.

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> Question - is there any point buying HoT if not wanting to use Chrono? As there's no sale on I'm thinking of saving cost and just going with PoF. Was going to put this off till later hoping for a sale, but the level to 80 boost is a nice addition as well that will make things easier.

Doesn't HoT have all the better stat combos for WvW?

> @"Levetty.1279" said:

> > Question - is there any point buying HoT if not wanting to use Chrono? As there's no sale on I'm thinking of saving cost and just going with PoF. Was going to put this off till later hoping for a sale, but the level to 80 boost is a nice addition as well that will make things easier.

>

> Doesn't HoT have all the better stat combos for WvW?

Oh sure TB and Viper are great, but fortunately I prefer/use Grieving with Cele so no need for those. I did consider if any of my gear would need HoT recipes, but fortunately I can build everything without it. :)