[Suggestion] Birthday Swapping

Recently I've found myself with a bunch of characters that I don't play anymore and I mostly keep them because they are old characters so I can get their birthday gifts. So I was thinking, it would be really nice to have an item that allows swapping the birthdays between two characters.

Let's say I have a five years old human, in which I don't play anymore, and I also have a sylvari that I just made recently. This item would swap their birthdays allowing the sylvari to be a five years old character but at the cost of making your human a just recently made. Also, of course, you wouldn't get the presents you already got, besides the cake blaster.

Let me know what you guys think, I believe it would be a pretty interesting addition.

> @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> Sounds like you want to have your birthday cake and eat it too.

Tell me, who doesn't like some birthday cake, hehehe =)

> @"Ellegon Mcleod.5931" said:

> Other than the Blaster everything else is sharable between all the accounts so does not matter to much which one has which age. So the human can donate the items to the Sylvari.

Yes, but in order to obtain the newest gifts, you have to keep those characters and in these case, you could swap and then delete the one you don't play anymore, freeing a character slot in the process.

> @"Ameepa.6793" said:

> Why? So you could delete the old character? Let them live and just buy another character slot, they are cheap :)

I know right. I don't mind having to use gems to swap too, but having those characters there simply bother me.

I have a couple of level 80s I no longer play. They’re parked at a flax farm for a daily harvest. I suggest you do something similar with yours and also use their inventory to store items you want to keep but don’t need often. Considering that one char can have a lot more than 30 slots for storage and costs the same as a 30 slot bank tab, a mule is a good way to expand your storage space.

> I have a couple of level 80s I no longer play. They’re parked at a flax farm for a daily harvest. I suggest you do the something similar with yours and also use their inventory to store items you want to keep but don’t need often. Considering that one char can have a lot more than 30 slots for storage and costs the same as a 30 slot bank tab, a mule is a good way to expand your storage space.

Yeah, that's usually how they end up for me too. But, I really would like to see my character screen cleaner, it's just an OCD thing.

> @"Akath.2650" said:

> > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > I have a couple of level 80s I no longer play. They’re parked at a flax farm for a daily harvest. I suggest you do the something similar with yours and also use their inventory to store items you want to keep but don’t need often. Considering that one char can have a lot more than 30 slots for storage and costs the same as a 30 slot bank tab, a mule is a good way to expand your storage space.

>

> Yeah, that's usually how they end up for me too. But, I really would like to see my character screen cleaner, it's just an OCD thing.

you banging your head against the wall everytime you see that character screen?

pulling your hair?

thinking about how clutterd the screen is every time you aren't looking at it?

just because something isn't neat and tidy doesn't make it OCD,

> @"infrequentia.3465" said:

> > @"Akath.2650" said:

> > > @"Just a flesh wound.3589" said:

> > > I have a couple of level 80s I no longer play. They’re parked at a flax farm for a daily harvest. I suggest you do the something similar with yours and also use their inventory to store items you want to keep but don’t need often. Considering that one char can have a lot more than 30 slots for storage and costs the same as a 30 slot bank tab, a mule is a good way to expand your storage space.

> >

> > Yeah, that's usually how they end up for me too. But, I really would like to see my character screen cleaner, it's just an OCD thing.

>

> you banging your head against the wall everytime you see that character screen?

> pulling your hair?

> thinking about how clutterd the screen is every time you aren't looking at it?

>

> just because something isn't neat and tidy doesn't make it OCD,

I'm sorry to inform you, but things like this really bother me and I do overthink about it. This is not a meme, I've been treating OCD for quite a while now. And besides, being able to swap birthday is not just about organization but it's also a quality of life.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> I bet this swapper would cost more than a new character slot. So not worth the dev time

Well, this could be an investment for them, it could be somewhat complicated to develop a tool like this but they could also set for the same price as the Name Change Contract.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> If they were going to do something like this, it'd be a race and profession change, then it'd cost like $50 if your goal was to swap your birthday.

I don't think race or profession change would be easier than this, race involves too much race specific story steps.

> I have a couple of level 80s I no longer play. They’re parked at a flax farm for a daily harvest. I suggest you do something similar with yours and also use their inventory to store items you want to keep but don’t need often. Considering that one char can have a lot more than 30 slots for storage and costs the same as a 30 slot bank tab, a mule is a good way to expand your storage space.

This is exactly what I have done with my original level 80 ... she farms but crafts also ... she's in retired staus. This just makes too much sense!