"Powerful Synergy"

Simeonus.9237

I was wondering what do you guys think about [this trait](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Powerful_Synergy "this trait"). In my opinion it's useless but there's nothing better at the moment and combos are obsolete anyways. We've got Burning Arrows as Major Master so we could get another offensive trait that buffs condition as Grand Master since Phalanx Strength and Vigorous Shouts are both supportive.

I sort of agree it's next to useless, and that combos are a gimmick in this game that don't offer much and are too impractical to perform. However, it does have a niche effect with Berserker Condi builds in that you can create a Fire Aura that lasts ~10 seconds. As I type that, I think that many of the problems with combos could be solved if the ones that have scaling effects (might stacking, auras with durations, etc) lasted for longer periods of time and or were just stronger to begin with, but that's a problem for a **ton** of skills in PVE GW2. 4-6 second durations for 30+ second cooldowns are next to nothing in terms of effectiveness, and even in PVP that's an exceptionally poor uptime. Whereas most other MMOs have much longer cooldowns, they also have exponentially longer uptimes that result in massively increased effectiveness that Guild Wars 2 just can't compare to. Functionally, 10 seconds is more than twice as useful as 4 seconds of same effect, due to the way it interacts with the environment. I do however use Powerful Synergy on my Condi Berserker merely for longer duration auras; they'd be great if they weren't literally so useless due to the durations.

In its current form, I agree that it needs to be updated/swapped out for something interesting without just being a raw passive supportive buff. Couldn't think of what however.

> @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > they could double the effect to all types of finishers, not just leaps, would atleast be a bit more usefuk

>

> This was done in may of 2017.

The positive change would be, for example, Leap Finisher through a Fire Field would grant two Fire Shields, not a single Fire Shields at double duration.

> > @"RedShark.9548" said:

> > they could double the effect to all types of finishers, not just leaps, would atleast be a bit more usefuk

>

> This was done in may of 2017.

oh wow, see i never use that trait and when the change came must have noted to myself "still bad af" and forgot that they even made it, whoops

i only ever considered one of the other two grandmaster and the symbol still looks like a leap

• 1 month later...

> @"Simeonus.9237" said:

> At this point I wouldn't even mind to make some generic trait like:

> Damage Increase: 20%

> Health Threshold: 50% and call it "Exposed Weakness" or something since it's Tactics traitline.

All that does is add to the problem. While warrior is in a good spot right now, one of the issue with warrior as a DPS class is that all of its offensive benefits are spread across too many traitlines. Strength, Disp, Arms, and Tactics all have very strong offensive traits...so we really don't need another. That's not even including an elite specialization. Tactics doesn't really need a buff, but if it were to get one it should be a more support oriented buff, not an offensive one.

> > @"Simeonus.9237" said:

> > At this point I wouldn't even mind to make some generic trait like:

> > Damage Increase: 20%

> > Health Threshold: 50% and call it "Exposed Weakness" or something since it's Tactics traitline.

>

> All that does is add to the problem. While warrior is in a good spot right now, one of the issue with warrior as a DPS class is that all of its offensive benefits are spread across too many traitlines. Strength, Disp, Arms, and Tactics all have very strong offensive traits...so we really don't need another. That's not even including an elite specialization. Tactics doesn't really need a buff, but if it were to get one it should be a more support oriented buff, not an offensive one.

I agree that it should be a support oriented buff because you should be helping with group tactics with it. Part of me wants to see it swapped with the banner trait but part of me thinks that would lessen optional support builds putting all our support type things in the same trait line. So I'd almost say make a new trait that does something for allies around us. Like maybe swap the signet trait with this and make signets passive affect our allies.

> @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> > > @"Simeonus.9237" said:

> > > At this point I wouldn't even mind to make some generic trait like:

> > > Damage Increase: 20%

> > > Health Threshold: 50% and call it "Exposed Weakness" or something since it's Tactics traitline.

> >

> > All that does is add to the problem. While warrior is in a good spot right now, one of the issue with warrior as a DPS class is that all of its offensive benefits are spread across too many traitlines. Strength, Disp, Arms, and Tactics all have very strong offensive traits...so we really don't need another. That's not even including an elite specialization. Tactics doesn't really need a buff, but if it were to get one it should be a more support oriented buff, not an offensive one.

>

> I agree that it should be a support oriented buff because you should be helping with group tactics with it. Part of me wants to see it swapped with the banner trait but part of me thinks that would lessen optional support builds putting all our support type things in the same trait line. So I'd almost say make a new trait that does something for allies around us. Like maybe swap the signet trait with this and make signets passive affect our allies.

I'd like to see a buff to vigorous shouts. Maybe something like the rev invocation traits that give specific boons per legend. In this case it could give specific buffs/boons per shout. Maybe something like prot or quickness when using FGJ. Could be cool.

> > @"Red Haired Savage.5430" said:

> > > @"ButterPeanut.9746" said:

> > > > @"Simeonus.9237" said:

> > > > At this point I wouldn't even mind to make some generic trait like:

> > > > Damage Increase: 20%

> > > > Health Threshold: 50% and call it "Exposed Weakness" or something since it's Tactics traitline.

> > >

> > > All that does is add to the problem. While warrior is in a good spot right now, one of the issue with warrior as a DPS class is that all of its offensive benefits are spread across too many traitlines. Strength, Disp, Arms, and Tactics all have very strong offensive traits...so we really don't need another. That's not even including an elite specialization. Tactics doesn't really need a buff, but if it were to get one it should be a more support oriented buff, not an offensive one.

> >

> > I agree that it should be a support oriented buff because you should be helping with group tactics with it. Part of me wants to see it swapped with the banner trait but part of me thinks that would lessen optional support builds putting all our support type things in the same trait line. So I'd almost say make a new trait that does something for allies around us. Like maybe swap the signet trait with this and make signets passive affect our allies.

>

> I'd like to see a buff to vigorous shouts. Maybe something like the rev invocation traits that give specific boons per legend. In this case it could give specific buffs/boons per shout. Maybe something like prot or quickness when using FGJ. Could be cool.

Shouts, banners, warhorn, all of those need help.

> @"Opopanax.1803" said:

> Ps, powerful synergy + firefields + axe #5 = good dmg!!

It really doesn't. It adds damage but it doesn't add very much damage, at most if you've got banners and aren't doing anything else condi related you'll see 171 damage per bolt.

>(0.155 * Condition Damage) + (1.55 * Level) + 7 damage per stack per second,

>(0.155 * Condition Damage) + 131 damage per stack per second at Level 80

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Burning

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirl_finisher

Edit: If you got all of them to connect you've essentially added one strike from AA.