Issues with Models and Textures in Tuesday's patch crashing the game

Let me preface this post with the following:

1) I have a potato for a computer and I have an even larger spud in the 32bit XP Pro OS.

2) I do not have any 3rd party stuff running on my game. (no arcdps, reshade, taco, etc.)

3) I have already tried deleting my local.dat file – did not help

4) I have already run the –repair command line argument (that’s a LOT of files!) – did not help

and..yes, I've put in a support ticket. ;)

Putting this up here in the hopes that I’m not the only one with this issue. And if it turns out I am, I really hope Uncle Sam comes through with that refund, ‘cause mama Charr needs a new computer!

Aside from some dismal FPS in large group events, the game played fine. So, with Tuesday’s patch, I’m getting crashes in core Tyria maps, and in PoF maps. Haven’t been in HoT, so can’t speak to whether this will happen there or not. It’s happened in as little as 10 minutes of play, to as much as an hour or more. Pertinent details below.

--> Crash <--*

OOM: Heap, bytes=26973904,

App: Gw2.exe

Pid: 1240

Cmdline:

BaseAddr: 00400000

ProgramId: 101

Build: 87006

When: 2018-03-08T04:53:10Z 2018-03-07T22:53:10-06:00

Uptime: 0 days 0:40:56

Flags: 0

*--> Error Logs <--*

s.

Model '0x080b24': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Model '0x08223f': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too small

Loading '0x03539b' texture failed

Texture missing mip chain: 0x1b61f5

Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40b

Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40c

Model '0x1db936': Permutation 'ummidlelong' not found, auto selecting permutation

Texture '0x03539b' dimensions too small

Loading '0x03539b' texture failed

Model '0x00645e': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Model '0x1ad337': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Model '0x08223a': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Model '0x00645e': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Model '0x082239': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f2e

Texture missing mip chain: 0x011f30

Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40b

Texture missing mip chain: 0x19d40c

Debug token '0x000266FA': Lightning ran out of space for new bolts.

Texture missing mip chain: 0x1a1ed9

Texture missing mip chain: 0x1a1edb

Model '0x1ad337': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Model '0x082240': Failed to resolve AimIK bone indices.

Texture '0x1de902' dimensions too small

Loading '0x1de902' texture failed

Texture '0x1de903' dimensions too small

Loading '0x1de903' texture failed

*--> DirectX Device Info <--*

VendorId = 0x1002

DeviceId = 0x9440

Version = 6.14.0010.7164

Description = ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series

Compat = 0x00000000

VidMem = 512 MB

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> Your issue is using the 32-bit client, which is not supported any longer. Path of Fire requires the 64-bit client. You run out of memory because 32-bit OSs don't allow more than ~3MB of memory. Upgrade to avoid these kinds of crashes.

>

> Good luck.

You mean ~3GB, right? xD

Beginning with HoT, the new areas practically doubled how much memory is used, which quickly hit the 32-bit limit. With PoF, 64-bit officially became the new minimum requirement, and this is why. It's crashing because you don't have enough memory, and due to the limitations of 32-bit, it's not possible to fix it without upgrading.

You can only try to prevent it by lowering your settings, the model limit and quality especially. Keep in mind that the more that is loaded, the more likely you are to crash, so you will want to restart the game after entering the map for example and every so often while playing in it. Whenever you encounter a large group of players, restart the game afterwards, or if you're planning on doing a large event, restart the game first.

> @"Flaganti.5107" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > Your issue is using the 32-bit client, which is not supported any longer. Path of Fire requires the 64-bit client. You run out of memory because 32-bit OSs don't allow more than ~3MB of memory. Upgrade to avoid these kinds of crashes.

> >

> > Good luck.

>

> You mean ~3GB, right? xD

Sure.

> @"Healix.5819" said:

> Beginning with HoT, the new areas practically doubled how much memory is used, which quickly hit the 32-bit limit. With PoF, 64-bit officially became the new minimum requirement, and this is why. It's crashing because you don't have enough memory, and due to the limitations of 32-bit, it's not possible to fix it without upgrading.

>

> You can only try to prevent it by lowering your settings, the model limit and quality especially. Keep in mind that the more that is loaded, the more likely you are to crash, so you will want to restart the game after entering the map for example and every so often while playing in it. Whenever you encounter a large group of players, restart the game afterwards, or if you're planning on doing a large event, restart the game first.

Indeed...I'm well aware that I have a borderline system and have been mitigating the memory issues using the methods you've mentioned above. I've played all the way through core, HoT & PoF content with minimal trouble. Until Tuesday's patch, that is. I am puzzled at what's showing in the error log, though. Too little memory may be the problem with the AimIK bone Indices failing to resolve, and possibly the texture too small error, but missing mip chains (or mipmaps) are something that should be coming from the download, not something that my comp would generate client side...at least that's how I've understood textures are created for games.

Anyhow...thank you for taking the time to post...you too, Inculpatus cedo. I'll keep stumbling along...waiting on Uncle Sam to come through with my refund! :)