We Need Guild Recruitment Tab! Naow!

I'd enjoy this but think it should be a little expanded on. Having access to a guild recruitment tab would be nice but a calendar tab should go along with that. Some of the best guilds I've ever been in that were active in WoW made full use of scheduling events on the calendar tab in game, getting people to sign up for events, etc. We can join 5 guilds, it'd be nice to be able to utilize that in a productive way and I think it'd help guilds out overall that their members and leaders would be able to correspond and keep track of things.

> @"Dante.1763" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> >

> > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

>

> I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

>

>

> If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

"Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

> @"Rick.6041" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > >

> > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> >

> > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> >

> >

> > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

>

> They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

>

> "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

>

> The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

That message is exactly the kind im talking about. I whispered it to myself and it fills up a quarter of the chat box per message. Talk about interrupting whatever was being talked about(especially if it was sent around the same time someone else posted another one). Seeing that every 30 seconds regardless of if it was in a new map or not, ontop of all the other guilds recruiting in map chat *is* excessive in my opinion.

> @"Rick.6041" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > >

> > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> >

> > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> >

> >

> > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

>

> They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

>

> "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

>

> The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

Sadly that's the very definition of spamming. It's also completely different from the way I recruit. Admittedly I don't recruit very often. But even when I'm posting the same message in multiple maps, I wait a few minutes to get a response.

For one thing, free to play players won't be able to respond to your post, because they can't whisper you once you leave the map.

> @"Rick.6041" said:

> > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > >

> >

> >

> >

>

>

>

That is typical spamming of mapchat.. so you got busted.

It's the kind of thing I report when it happens... try using the guild section on the forums maybe to save yourself from further suspensions or learn how to recruit more effectively, efficiently.

Looking at your guild webby.. all but a small handful of people have been on a very extended vacation so spamming mapchat doesn't seem to be getting you the right players maybe, or your guild isn't proving to be doing what it takes to keep them interested for long.

So your in that vicious circle of recruitment recruitment recruitment :)

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > > >

> > > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> > >

> > > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> > >

> > >

> > > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

> >

> > They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

> >

> > "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

> >

> > The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

>

> That is typical spamming of mapchat.. so you got busted.

> It's the kind of thing I report when it happens... try using the guild section on the forums maybe to save yourself from further suspensions or learn how to recruit more effectively, efficiently.

> Looking at your guild webby.. all but a small handful of people have been on a very extended vacation so spamming mapchat doesn't seem to be getting you the right players maybe, or your guild isn't proving to be doing what it takes to keep them interested for long.

> So your in that vicious circle of recruitment recruitment recruitment :)

We have 485 active and don't use our forums mostly just where our Rules and guidelines are posted and generally speaking, used mostly by just officers. The rest of our guild messaging is done over other social media and 1 message in your map is not disrupting anything. It's people that report 1 recruit message in map chat, that have ruined the community. As for the forums, we post on GW2 forums and several others, but when 5 people a day go inactive for over a month (and that's happening with all guilds), it takes actual work to keep the roster full and active.

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Well there's this little part of the Forums called Look for Guild(should probably be renamed Looking for a Guild/Guild Recruitment) that is for both people looking for a guild and for guilds looking for members....I think that is sufficient: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild

Sadly, That posting is all but useless. We have a post there, that we update regularly and it's literally pulled in one person, as nobody actually looks there.

> @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > > >

> > > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> > >

> > > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> > >

> > >

> > > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

> >

> > They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

> >

> > "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

> >

> > The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

>

> Sadly that's the very definition of spamming. It's also completely different from the way I recruit. Admittedly I don't recruit very often. But even when I'm posting the same message in multiple maps, I wait a few minutes to get a response.

>

> For one thing, free to play players won't be able to respond to your post, because they can't whisper you once you leave the map.

Then the free to plays can click you to party. I don't stick in one map and watch chat, there's no need. Spamming would be repeating the same thing in the same map, several times in a short period, disrupting map chat. If the same people aren't seeing it repeatedly, it isn't technically spam.

I always found my guilds via forums. Gives the most complete info, incl a link to their website if they have one (and you can save them to compare your favorites). I don't know why we can't just use that. I have seen games where they listed all guilds in game but you would never know if it was a dead or alive guild. Also guild recruitments (experience from other games) over world chats didn't really work much as I experienced (had more feedback via forums and helping players and then asking if they liked to join). The only point of consideration would be the F2P playerbase. They cannot post on forum, they cannot pm someone recruiting either which makes it difficult to even enter a guild as F2P. For them it might be nice to have a way to join a guild, ask questions related to joining one, etc. It was a problem for me I walked in when I was still F2P (I only got in via a rl friend that had the full game open at that time). Regarding map chat posts, I don't really mind them. I don't see them all too often actually.

> @"Rick.6041" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> > > >

> > > > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

> > >

> > > They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

> > >

> > > "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

> > >

> > > The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

> >

> > Sadly that's the very definition of spamming. It's also completely different from the way I recruit. Admittedly I don't recruit very often. But even when I'm posting the same message in multiple maps, I wait a few minutes to get a response.

> >

> > For one thing, free to play players won't be able to respond to your post, because they can't whisper you once you leave the map.

>

> Then the free to plays can click you to party. I don't stick in one map and watch chat, there's no need. Spamming would be repeating the same thing in the same map, several times in a short period, disrupting map chat. If the same people aren't seeing it repeatedly, it isn't technically spam.

No spamming is spamming the same message period.. and that is what your doing and why your got actioned, simple as that.

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> > > > >

> > > > > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

> > > >

> > > > They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

> > > >

> > > > "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

> > > >

> > > > The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

> > >

> > > Sadly that's the very definition of spamming. It's also completely different from the way I recruit. Admittedly I don't recruit very often. But even when I'm posting the same message in multiple maps, I wait a few minutes to get a response.

> > >

> > > For one thing, free to play players won't be able to respond to your post, because they can't whisper you once you leave the map.

> >

> > Then the free to plays can click you to party. I don't stick in one map and watch chat, there's no need. Spamming would be repeating the same thing in the same map, several times in a short period, disrupting map chat. If the same people aren't seeing it repeatedly, it isn't technically spam.

>

> No spamming is spamming the same message period.. and that is what your doing and why your got actioned, simple as that.

and once again, I only posted that to show,the op that I agree with the need for a recruit button and to show that yes, people are being suspended for recruiting in map chat. As for actioned, it was acceptable for 6 years in GW2 and at least 5 in GW1(and that was actual spam as you stayed in 1 map and repeatedly recruited) and now, suddenly it's an issue.

> @"Rick.6041" said:

> > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > @"Dante.1763" said:

> > > > > @"Vayne.8563" said:

> > > > > > @"Rick.6041" said:

> > > > > > Since they seem to be suspending people for recruiting in map chat, after it was acceptable for 6 years, it would be helpful, for those of us who do recruit in map chat.

> > > > >

> > > > > I've not heard of this. Spamming has always been against the TOS. I doubt you get suspended for "just" recruiting in map chat. But if you spam the same thing over and over, or if you're rude, that might happen.

> > > >

> > > > I think its this. i know i report people who post in map chat every minute or two, its annoying to see given how *big* some of the guild recruitment messages can be and it interrupts conversations, and god i hate it when im map traveling and the same guild person posts a message in every single map i go to when i enter -_-

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > If the made it against the TOS to post in map chat, but provided a recuitment tab, id be okay with that.

> > >

> > > They literally suspended me for recruiting. I only post 1 message in a map and immediately move to another map and post again and so on and so forth until I hit all maps and can then get back to playing the actual game. They said 1 message every 30 seconds is excessive. When I explained it was not in the same map and I would like them to elaborate on what is an acceptable amount of time in one map and from map to map , they ignored my explanation and question and doubled down on telling me to take longer between messages. Here's a copy of the message I got letting me know I was suspended, from GM Phalanx

> > >

> > > "Comments: [RLR]The Lords Of Dragon Heart recruiting|Blackgate |PvE|WvW|PvP|Dungeons|Raids|Fractals|FB|TS3|Guild Hall|Guild Missions|Lottery 480+members/100%rep. http://thelordsofdragonheart.guildlaunch.com (On average, every 30 seconds)

> > >

> > > The above game account has been suspended for violating the Guild Wars 2 User Agreement and Code of Conduct. Further violations may result in additional suspension or termination of the account."

> >

> > Sadly that's the very definition of spamming. It's also completely different from the way I recruit. Admittedly I don't recruit very often. But even when I'm posting the same message in multiple maps, I wait a few minutes to get a response.

> >

> > For one thing, free to play players won't be able to respond to your post, because they can't whisper you once you leave the map.

>

> Then the free to plays can click you to party. I don't stick in one map and watch chat, there's no need. Spamming would be repeating the same thing in the same map, several times in a short period, disrupting map chat. If the same people aren't seeing it repeatedly, it isn't technically spam.

If new players know how to do that you're right. Not every player will think of that. On the rare times I recruit (we're running out of room for new guildies anyway), I always hang around and make sure that people can answer. I suspect some people will respond to you in map chat to ask a question and you won't even be there to answer it. I don't know about anyone else but I wouldn't go chasing you if you don't have the courtesy to stay and answer a question.

Personally I also always used forums to look for guilds.

But if people really DO want a guild recruitment tab I'd rather put it in as a new tab in the LFG tool and not as part of the chat system. This has a lot of advantages:

- No spamming even possible

- Less time intensive for people posting (just put it there & do whatever)

- Easier & more extensive overview for people looking

- You post/look for your whole region (EU/NA)

- Easy to implement

I'm not sure if people with free accounts have access to the LFG, if not that's the only downside I can see.

TBH the LFG is already abused on many fronts including recruitment spam.

But yes, if a tab was placed there for that specific reason that would be something, but I suspect it would soon become an LFG mess and won't stop players spamming map chat endlessly as well.

The forum section is the best place imo.. it just requires ANET to be more active is stopping map chat spamming and push playersinto using the relevant place.