I've had more fun in the first hour of POF....

Jinroh.4251

Personally, I still like Heart of Thorns. These maps are just a huge improvement, because even though it's a lot of desert, they had more to play with but I think it has more to do with us actually being in a civilized place at times that has a more significant history to guild wars and the introduction of mounts has just blown everyone away.

But maybe because I am a sucker for all story this game offers me is why I still liked Heart of Thorns.

Yeah the expansion is decent. I wouldn't say stellar because as always with this game, there are a few very, very irritating details that spoil the entire experience, which happens often when the devs try to add new things that are not needed, and to me it's the way you get the new mastery points and more raid-like bosses in open world. I really liked the core tyria loot pinatas, mind you, I like content I can play without thinking or paying attention to after some exhausting and stressful pvp or fractal runs, but maybe that's just me. But the first map at least is amazing and I really like the raptors, and monsters are fine, so yeah, I'd say it's fine.

> @Rennie.6750 said:

> Yeah the expansion is decent. I wouldn't say stellar because as always with this game, there are a few very, very irritating details that spoil the entire experience, which happens often when the devs try to add new things that are not needed, and to me it's the way you get the new mastery points and more raid-like bosses in open world. I really liked the core tyria loot pinatas, mind you, I like content I can play without thinking or paying attention to after some exhausting and stressful pvp or fractal runs, but maybe that's just me. But the first map at least is amazing and I really like the raptors, and monsters are fine, so yeah, I'd say it's fine.

Okay, but the bosses aren't even that hard. If they actually require you to think that much, maybe this game is too hard for you.

This is level 80 content, not a world boss in a starter map. It's not meant to be as simple as stand in one spot and auto-attack.

Sorry, but PvE isn't meant to be "mindless". Sure, it's not as hard as other aspects but the bosses aren't even close to being raid-level.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @Rennie.6750 said:

> > Yeah the expansion is decent. I wouldn't say stellar because as always with this game, there are a few very, very irritating details that spoil the entire experience, which happens often when the devs try to add new things that are not needed, and to me it's the way you get the new mastery points and more raid-like bosses in open world. I really liked the core tyria loot pinatas, mind you, I like content I can play without thinking or paying attention to after some exhausting and stressful pvp or fractal runs, but maybe that's just me. But the first map at least is amazing and I really like the raptors, and monsters are fine, so yeah, I'd say it's fine.

>

> Okay, but the bosses aren't even that hard. If they actually require you to think that much, maybe this game is too hard for you.

> This is level 80 content, not a world boss in a starter map. It's not meant to be as simple as stand in one spot and auto-attack.

> Sorry, but PvE isn't meant to be "mindless". Sure, it's not as hard as other aspects but the bosses aren't even close to being raid-level.

I did these bosses without any issues, that's not my point. My point is that it adds an unnecessary level of complexity that isn't really required in open world content. It doesn't spice things up and if I want a challenge I queue forWvW, pvp or /lfg for some instanced pve content. It's just mildly annoying, what's fun about open world content is the chaotic nature of it, and too many mechanics don't let that kind of chaos expand. In comparison, SW is fun and hectic, these new bounties are meh. Where did I say I couldn't do that? If I can play pvp I can play pretty much any pve content in this game, it doesn't mean that i have to find the increased amount of mechanics across the board enjoyable.

> @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > Because it's new

>

> This a hundred times. Your opinion will change in 3 months when you try to figure out why you're still using your mount to run across the "big" and empty Map.

I'd most likely be doing other things in the mean time. I still like doing the world bosses and WvW from time to time. With PoF I feel like I can go back to the maps. With HOT, I just wanted to be DONE with them and never return.

> @Jinroh.4251 said:

> > @"Nick Lentz.6982" said:

> > > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > Because it's new

> >

> > This a hundred times. Your opinion will change in 3 months when you try to figure out why you're still using your mount to run across the "big" and empty Map.

>

> I'd most likely be doing other things in the mean time. I still like doing the world bosses and WvW from time to time. With PoF I feel like I can go back to the maps. With HOT, I just wanted to be DONE with them and never return.

That's fair, they're very pretty maps but like HoT, too many mobs to look at scenery

> @KalTaron.4961 said:

> Having no fun at all because I can't enter the first story instance.

> Visited the first map for a bit via port to friend though.

> Doesn't look bad but I can't be bothered to epxlore it without a mount.

If you can use the TP to friend into Elona, you can do the story instance and get the mount. One of the first things you'll get. Hero menu, story, choose the very last (latest) one.