Should HoT maps be made less difficult?

Maybe the problem is that core tyria is too easy? Perhaps if we had the old Orr back then HoT would be less of that hard jump in difficulty. I would be all for having zones ramp up in difficulty as they get higher level with Orr being the way it was before it got nerfed.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > Friendly reminder that HoT was sold as a challenging expansion.

> > It was made clear long before its alpha, beta, and release that it was going to be more challenging than anything in the game at the time.

> >

>

> This really means nothing to new or returning players, especially those leveling from scratch. They mostly likely haven't done the living season stuff, and haven't had two years of practice with their character and the new maps, so it's a huge unnecessary jump from core tyria and HoT. People posting gameplay videos of people soloing champions are obviously not representing the overwhelming majority of players. I feel like the PoF maps are the perfect learning curve for new and returning players and just in general.. not too easy, not too hard. HoT for a brand new player is like hitting a brick wall,.

By the same token, I don't think players who struggle mightily with HoT are representative of the majority, as evidenced by these poll results and the thriving state of the HoT maps. No need to fix what isn't broken.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > > Friendly reminder that HoT was sold as a challenging expansion.

> > > It was made clear long before its alpha, beta, and release that it was going to be more challenging than anything in the game at the time.

> > >

> >

> > This really means nothing to new or returning players, especially those leveling from scratch. They mostly likely haven't done the living season stuff, and haven't had two years of practice with their character and the new maps, so it's a huge unnecessary jump from core tyria and HoT. People posting gameplay videos of people soloing champions are obviously not representing the overwhelming majority of players. I feel like the PoF maps are the perfect learning curve for new and returning players and just in general.. not too easy, not too hard. HoT for a brand new player is like hitting a brick wall,.

>

> By the same token, I don't think players who struggle mightily with HoT are representative of the majority, as evidenced by these poll results and the thriving state of the HoT maps. No need to fix what isn't broken.

When I ask this in map chat, I get a universal majority of people saying the opposite of what the polls show on this forum, so I imagine people posting on the forum tend to be raiders and long term players.

> @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > Friendly reminder that HoT was sold as a challenging expansion.

> > It was made clear long before its alpha, beta, and release that it was going to be more challenging than anything in the game at the time.

> >

>

> This really means nothing to new or returning players, especially those leveling from scratch. They mostly likely haven't done the living season stuff, and haven't had two years of practice with their character and the new maps, so it's a huge unnecessary jump from core tyria and HoT. People posting gameplay videos of people soloing champions are obviously not representing the overwhelming majority of players. I feel like the PoF maps are the perfect learning curve for new and returning players and just in general.. not too easy, not too hard. HoT for a brand new player is like hitting a brick wall,.

The challenging content was the introduction of raids not the HoT maps themselves. I've had completely new players in guild use lv80 boosters and jump straight into HoT maps yet they make no comment about the difficulty of the HoT maps and they adapt just fine. If anything, core Tyria maps are too easy and it allows for bad habits, such as bad builds, to snow ball without consequences. Then when they get to HoT maps, they go omg why can't my 2k DPS build survive. I'd say bring back the champs to core tyria lower level maps without the champ loot and make higher level maps more less of a cake walk.

> @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > > @"Echoherb.6528" said:

> > > > @"Haishao.6851" said:

> > > > Friendly reminder that HoT was sold as a challenging expansion.

> > > > It was made clear long before its alpha, beta, and release that it was going to be more challenging than anything in the game at the time.

> > > >

> > >

> > > This really means nothing to new or returning players, especially those leveling from scratch. They mostly likely haven't done the living season stuff, and haven't had two years of practice with their character and the new maps, so it's a huge unnecessary jump from core tyria and HoT. People posting gameplay videos of people soloing champions are obviously not representing the overwhelming majority of players. I feel like the PoF maps are the perfect learning curve for new and returning players and just in general.. not too easy, not too hard. HoT for a brand new player is like hitting a brick wall,.

> >

> > By the same token, I don't think players who struggle mightily with HoT are representative of the majority, as evidenced by these poll results and the thriving state of the HoT maps. No need to fix what isn't broken.

>

> When I ask this in map chat, I get a universal majority of people saying the opposite of what the polls show on this forum, so I imagine people posting on the forum tend to be raiders and long term players.

I think you will find that people who post on forums are those who are more likely to do their research and more likely to use better builds. So they are more likely to have less problems with HoT maps.