How to turn off rain?

> @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> I just got a new graphics card and fps still drop below 30 in some areas. ANet really has to consider a complete overhaul of the graphics engine.

:+1: Not even unparking all cores of a decent i7 quadcore CPU helps with this issue.

I complained about this just yesterday in another thread. I got literally seasick doing a bounty train on Sandswept Isle and had to leave after 15 minutes because of nausea.

There are certain effects, which affect hugely the FPS and I read every week about stuff like this. I noticed this the most with the storm effects during the Maw event in Wayfarer Foothills:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Frozen_Maw

As soon as the storm spawns the fps goes from whatever 30-40 to 15. Let's face it this engine is ancient and still uses a 10+ year old directx version. It's really beyond ancient - especially in computer terms. They really have to overhaul it and they know it.

> @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> I just got a new graphics card and fps still drop below 30 in some areas. ANet really has to consider a complete overhaul of the graphics engine.

If it is a sudden drop to 30fps.. it may not be game related but Win10/gpu related.. There is a known issue regarding Win10 and fps since the fall update in windowed fullscreen.. just google it and find some useful tips that might help... I find switching to windowed mode in game then switching back sorts it out.. for a time at least

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"BunjiKugashira.9754" said:

> > I just got a new graphics card and fps still drop below 30 in some areas. ANet really has to consider a complete overhaul of the graphics engine.

>

> :+1: Not even unparking all cores of a decent i7 quadcore CPU helps with this issue.

>

> I complained about this just yesterday in another thread. I got literally seasick doing a bounty train on Sandswept Isle and had to leave after 15 minutes because of nausea.

Core #6 and #7 are idling here as well while the first ones are in Turbo on my Ryzen 7.

It doesn't make sense at all, I mean, I have never seen a program that supports multi core but seem to neglect anything more than 2 cores.

Everything on my last PC upgrade had a speedboost except for this game, which just had a small benefit from upgrading my GTX970 to a 1080. But else, it sucks to see your CPU stuck at 40% usage and D3D usage of my GTX1080 of 50% - but then having unstable 32 fps on FullHD without Anti Alias. aNet really needs to hurry up if they want to keep and gain new players.

It's a shame that you see many screenshots here on mid or low end computers running subsamples low-quality textures on many screenshots while the same system could handle GTAV easily.

Excelsior.

• 2 weeks later...