Enough with the Back Items

So again we are dealing with time gated Back Item collections, what is up with that? Seriouly how much do we have to cover our backs? Ok I admit we lack Back Items with PoF stats, but a one time acquisition is not really going to solve that problem, we need a back item that can be purchased several times for that.

ANET is it really so hard to come up with anything else? Couldn't we be awarded Ascended Armour pieces instead? Let's see, there will be 6 episodes again and we have 6 armour piecess, so you could just release an Ascended Armour set with a unique skin, of which each individual piece would be awarded through collections every episode, with the torso being added last episode. Now the problem here is of course that armour has 3 different weight classes, so it would not be possible to unlock all 3 skin sets, however that could be solved in 2 different ways:

1) After unlocking the first skin the remaining 2 could be unlocked by purchasing additional pieces from a trader using the new areas currencies.

2) All 3 skins would be unlocked after selecting the weight class of your choice, just like with all the exotic head gears we get for the meta achievements in these episodes.

The letter is probably the better option as otherwise people would start grinding the LW areas 24/7 for Ascended Armour sets. And for those who say such a solution cannot be done for Ascended Armour skins know that we already have that with the Pile of Regurgitated Armor. For those who don't know the Pile of Regurgitated Armor is a reward for the Triple Trouble meta event in Bloodtide Coast, it allows you to select 3 different Ascended Armour pieces: Helmet, gloves and shoulders, with the unique skins of the Wurmslayer and once you pick the armour piece and weight class you want, the skins for the other weight classes are also unlocked, so you only need 3 Pile's of Regurgitated Armor to unlock all 9 unique skins.

Really ANET I don't think 1 Ascended Armour set would harm the game, it's not like these episodes come out every week.

I think the big difference here is we have a ton of ways to acquire ascended armor. Between crafting, PvP, WvW, Fractals and drops we have a number of ways to acquire armor but are limited in terms of ascended back items. For back items you can do ranked, craft via WvW and mystic forge options but there are no drops nor quick style purchases like armor. To me collections and savager hunts like in the LS4E2 fit in well. Plus they are fun. You don't have to do them they are optional and extra achievements that players can choose to go after. So not sure I see the issue here. I agree I think they should also add unique skins in similar fashion but i think back pieces should also be options to acquire in these fashions.