Next Batch of March Sales (13th-19th)

> @"Nemezijus.6851" said:

> We need this weekly sale list so we can plan ahead expenditures :D

Exactly! I'm trying to stay on top of any bank tab/character slot/bag expansion sales for myself and for my brother. I expect those, along with BLC keys, will be final week items.

Edit: Also keeping my eyes out for the copper-fed; it makes a great gift and was last available at the tail end of 2017.

> @"crashburntoo.7431" said:

> > @"Jski.6180" said:

> > Will keys ever go on sale agen? They where once before PoF i sadly got my gems from the pre-order to late to take adages of it.

>

> My guess is that they will be on sale, likely between the 25th and 30th. Just a guess...

Keys have been discounted every March Madness sale since launch, so there's a good chance.

> @"Cragga the Eighty Third.6015" said:

> Today's sale is the Home Instance Node Pack, marked down from 4000 to 2744,

FYI the discount is ~31%. If you already own a node, your price is properly reduced by 31% also (give or take some rounding). (However, the "retail" price listed won't change; it will still say "4000" rather than dropping 800 for each node pack you already own.)

seeing as we cant respond in the gem store new and returned thread I just want to thank @Astral Projections.7320 for their tireless work updating that thread every day!

I did miss the toxic gloves to match the shoulders that I got from that event that still makes me twitch when I think about it, but now I know where to look maybe I wont miss out on character slots like I did last year.

I find their decision to stop giving heads-up completely off putting. I get what they are going for but, well, I have 0 desire to blow a month's paycheck in a single month. I'm already regretting purchases I made in previous days and really don't want to keep piling up on top of those.

> @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> I find their decision to stop giving heads-up completely off putting. I get what they are going for but, well, I have 0 desire to blow a month's paycheck in a single month. I'm already regretting purchases I made in previous days and really don't want to keep piling up on top of those.

At this rate I may wait until the last day always wanting something better and then the last day not be something I want. What I HATE most is not that they don’t announce ahead of time, but that they WERE doing it by week and then just stopped for no reason with no explanation

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > I find their decision to stop giving heads-up completely off putting. I get what they are going for but, well, I have 0 desire to blow a month's paycheck in a single month. I'm already regretting purchases I made in previous days and really don't want to keep piling up on top of those.

>

> At this rate I may wait until the last day always wanting something better and then the last day not be something I want. What I HATE most is not that they don’t announce ahead of time, but that they WERE doing it by week and then just stopped for no reason with no explanation

>

That's the boat I'm in. Last night I thought "wow, home instance stuff, do want". Then it became "why did I buy the stupid branded mounts?!" and then I got to "what if they put that thing I really want on sale tomorrow?" They succeeded in getting me to regret yet another purchase and make me worried it'll keep happening the rest of the month. I like to enjoy things I buy not wish I hadn't bought them. And, yeah, them stopping the announcements looks like a rather desperate attempt to grab some cash by springing things on people and not giving them any time to think about whether they actually want it or not. They don't need to explain hwy they did it, it's fairly obvious.....

> @"Fenom.9457" said:

> > @"TWMagimay.9057" said:

> > I find their decision to stop giving heads-up completely off putting. I get what they are going for but, well, I have 0 desire to blow a month's paycheck in a single month. I'm already regretting purchases I made in previous days and really don't want to keep piling up on top of those.

>

> At this rate I may wait until the last day always wanting something better and then the last day not be something I want. What I HATE most is not that they don’t announce ahead of time, but that they WERE doing it by week and then just stopped for no reason with no explanation

>

Exactly. They did great at first with a blog post, which is normal, then just .... stopped. I have other things to do in the day so it would be nice to know a sale on something I want is coming up before I make plans to do something else that day. This is like that person (other than your supervisor) who tosses something on your calendar at the last minute.

I would guess oversight, but news can be updated on the website, on Facebook, on this forum, etc. It's been a few days, so my top guess now is that they don't have a finalized and/or approved list of featured items and discounts that spans the whole week. They're day-by-day-ing it, and it's likely going to stay that way until Tuesday (hope they prove me wrong). The next week may get approved in time to get posted with the expected, weekly patch day news item.

Blitz style sales like this will often lead people down the path of buyer's remorse. From a marketing perspective, the entire thing is designed to produce "Buy it now, before it's gone!" feelings. It's meant to spike "task tension" to an actionable level and provide little time to "talk yourself out of it". These types of sales mixed with my compulsive collecting can lead to disaster, so I've adjusted my approach. I actively resist collecting anything Gem store. I prioritize my wish list regularly. I keep track of sales patterns to predict what items may or may not be available and when. I budget for my top items. Sometimes, I mess this up, but this helps avoid some of the bad purchase decisions. (Note: None of this is unique to GW2... I translate and apply this in many areas).

I've mentioned Marvel Heroes in other posts. I had considerable money sunk into that game for heroes, costumes, team-ups. I really liked what I had collected, but it all vanished within a few weeks. That lesson was harsh, but it reminded me that these types of things end. Don't stress past bad purchases, but do try to avoid future ones. When the time comes for GW2, I hope it's a very slow and gentle ride into the sunset.

This just in! Backpacks are today's feature:

Sale: ending in less than 24 hours

**Mercenary backpack**: 300 gems

**Scruffy backpack**: 300 gems

**Fire Quiver backpack**: 300 gems

Many thanks to @"Astral Projections.7320" for the update to the primary Gemstore thread.

No further news regarding sales leading into Friday and the weekend...