Multiple coloured skins of weapons

ThFH.6048

People have been asking for dyeable skins for ages and the statement of ArenaNet has been clear on that it would be to demanding on the servers and also require a lot of resources to pull off.

However giving a weapon design a new colour is something that is possible, mystic weapons, glyphic weapons, ascended weapons and SAB weapons are examples of the same weapon with a different colour.

My idea would be that using a mystic forge you have recipe to change the colour (effect) of weapon. You use the weapon + a dye from the colour family you want and two other things and you get a weapon that looks the same but with a different colour.

It's possible in theory, but bear in mind they'd have to go through every viable skin (ie not legendaries, BL skins) and make version for each colour type. That is something that will take artists time to do (hundreds of skins at a minimum) and mean they weren't designing other newer things

It's a great idea you have here for me, instead of create dyable weapons, why not making multiple version of ones with different color? It should be applicable to all BL skins, and basic/racial skins as a minimum. I'm thinking of pacificator and tormented ones for example.

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> It's possible in theory, but bear in mind they'd have to go through every viable skin (ie not legendaries, BL skins) and make version for each colour type. That is something that will take artists time to do (hundreds of skins at a minimum) and mean they weren't designing other newer things

> @"hugo.4705" said:

> It's a great idea you have here for me, instead of create dyable weapons, why not making multiple version of ones with different color? It should be applicable to all BL skins, and basic/racial skins as a minimum. I'm thinking of pacificator and tormented ones for example.

True what you say for me personally it would be okay if they release these 'new' skins in batches. Also I would like them to focus primarilay on skins that have a clear colour (accents) in them like e.g. the weapons I have mentioned before. There are also kind of neutral coloured weapons that do not suffer or suffer less from limiting your dye options on armour. For Black lion ticket weapons I do not know if I would like there to be multiple colours if you have one skin or if it is okay to have them be released as severall sets. However for single skins sold in the gem store I would love them to release them as colour bundles giving you the skin with the colour of your choice and all other colours.

Agree with you Randulf, but not necessary to make a ton of version for each ones, only main color: Red-Blue-Green-Yellow-Orange-Pink-Black-Grey and White

So yup nine per weapon, but cannot it be done through "taking the original model" -> "Colorization" Like in Photoshop etc?

And they should do it progressively: Start with glyphics/ mystic ones, then begin with racial ones...

> @"Lambent.6375" said:

> I've been suggesting this for years, nothing widescale

>

> Just for certain weapon sets.

Which sets or kind of sets would you suggest? This idea is for me mostly born due to the purple glow around Funerary weapons.

> @"ThFH.6048" said:

> > @"Lambent.6375" said:

> > I've been suggesting this for years, nothing widescale

> >

> > Just for certain weapon sets.

>

> Which sets or kind of sets would you suggest? This idea is for me mostly born due to the purple glow around Funerary weapons.

The basic crafting skins for starters (iron, steel etc) just for some general color variety.