Fishing.....???

Tom.6478

Ok apparently there is some kind of new fishing deal, yet I can literally find no information on this.

I hate to ask, but can someone point me to a link/article that explains this and what you need to do, what the rewards are.......is it a secrete ?..................:)

> @"runeblade.7514" said:

> The Fishing part that everyone talks about is an dynamic event in Sandswept Isle, the newest living story map so far. You have to get the PoF expansion to access Sandswept Isle.

>

> The rewards are your standard event reward. It is not as big as you think it is.

The irony being that for some reason, I keep reading PoF as "Plenty of Fish", the dating site...

I can never figured out how to fish from dry land. I snagged one once, and then I had a ... fish kite? But then I could figure out how to get my fish kite down.

I always have to go underwater and stab one to death, and 'barely' make it back to drop off my one fish before the timer expires on the event.

> @"notebene.3190" said:

> I can never figured out how to fish from dry land. I snagged one once, and then I had a ... fish kite? But then I could figure out how to get my fish kite down.

>

> I always have to go underwater and stab one to death, and 'barely' make it back to drop off my one fish before the timer expires on the event.

the kite comes down automatically. A white circle will spawn on the dock and if you stand in it and wait the fish will drop in you're hands.

I hope this helps.

> @"Lucky Shot.8740" said:

> Tom, it's necessary for the backpack completion but the event bugs out on maps seemingly after it's completed once. People are waiting in the hopes that perhaps they loaded into a new IP and that it might work if they just wait long enough.

>

That's odd, I finished the backpack collection, and I don't remember doing any fishing at all. Which piece is supposed to come from that?

EDIT Never mind, that must be the golem backpack, not done with that one. (still in time-gated phase.) I was thinking of the bandolier.

> @"yann.1946" said:

> > @"notebene.3190" said:

> > I can never figured out how to fish from dry land. I snagged one once, and then I had a ... fish kite? But then I could figure out how to get my fish kite down.

> >

> > I always have to go underwater and stab one to death, and 'barely' make it back to drop off my one fish before the timer expires on the event.

>

> the kite comes down automatically. A white circle will spawn on the dock and if you stand in it and wait the fish will drop in you're hands.

>

> I hope this helps.

Oh! Didn't know about the white circle. Thanks!