Redeeming IG-6417 frustration - Please add collection items at the end of an event chain!

Have you ever had a collection or event you really wanted to do, but often find the event chain has progressed beyond the point anyone cares to finish? I’m currently having this trouble in Anet’s latest collection – Redeeming IG-6417.

First of all, I want to go on record saying I don’t want to clean up another players shit – this isn’t the first time this has happened. In the Straights of Devistation, the Eye of Zhaitan event is often held up by the “end” event, because there is no loot to be had. This is frustrating in two ways:

1) You have to wait for event reset.

2) You have to do the unrewarding parts of the event that everyone else skipped out on.

The offender here is the “Villager Defence Recording”, whereby you have to do the following event:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defend_the_captive_villagers_from_the_garrison%27s_Awakened_until_Zuri_returns_with_weapons

Of course, after this event is over, people will not complete the follow-up events – one of which is a boss battle that is fairly difficult to solo or recruit fodder for. I don't blame them, since they have no obligation, but it is unfair for people who come afterwards since the event chain will not reset until these events are complete.

Anet, please consider adding collection items at the end of event chains, so players don’t have to waste time cleaning up another players shit.