Eater of Souls - The Departed

Orimidu.9604

Just got to interrupt him. Take a fast interrupt and watch the ground. As soon as you see the blue circle hit the interrupt.

I did it on a zerker spellbreaker/warrior. I just hit him with dagger 3 for the daze. Rest of the time I just facetanked and autattacked him and hit heal while he was dazed. Dead in about a minute. If you want to get fancy hit him with an F1 or wastrels demise while he is stunned

You will need a fast interrupt on about a 20 second timer. Thief with offhand pistol could do it easy.

If you miss get rolling and running.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Necrid.9601 said:

> The way I ended up beating the boss was just damaging it down, then make sure his pounce doesn't hit you or any illusions/minions you might have. Dodge twice at this point, as the tether won't deal any damage to you so he won't heal from that. He then does a second AoE attack that, if it lands, will also heal him. Use any CC skill to break his bar before the attack goes off. Just keep doing that and the fight isn't that hard, it's just figuring that out took me like twenty minutes.

It took me a bit to figure it out, but minions do the best damage on him.

I ended up with him resetting, and then I used Fred (Flesh Golem) to lead the charge of all the other minions, and stayed just close enough that I could get their skills off and not have them come running back to me while I "supervised" from a distance. He went down pretty quick after that. I'd hate to have to fight him on anything else.

Pissed me off a little that I had Balth down to 1/8 health before he finally smooshed me and then there's this kitten, lmao.

> @Archranis.2375 said:

> Absolutely ridiculous. Break skills don't recharge fast enough to stop the life steal. This episode is already long enough. Did anyone actually think this would be FUN??? We should be able to solo the stories -- they shouldn't be like raid bosses. However, if the posted "cheese" way to do this encounter is what was actually planned as the anticipated way people would do it, then there's no indication that it is the expected way.

>

> Let me add something that is hopefully constructive: If you really want these types of encounters in the story, then please make them achievements so that those of us who want to play the story in a more casual way can get though it without so much frustration.

I actually really liked it. It was frustrating at first, but then I figured out that if I went up to Nenah then she would prompt me toward the next step.

I loved that instance, played it with my so and we really enjoyed all the memories. Finding the Weapons wasn't really too hard, the map wasn't that big so yeah.

As for the Boss, I don't understand any of the complains, I'm full zerker scepter/warhorn FA tempest and I was never anywhere close to dying, I even purposly let it live just to see what else it does because I liked the boss' design so much. Only thing that bothered me was that my so couldn't really participate other then buffing until she died, I think allies should just be able to participate normally in that fight, we had so many allies in our lives, it's not that farfetched that someone out there would help us, right? Although if allies could actually participate then they'd have to buff the boss probably. I'm looking forward to fighting him with my other chars as well :)

Some tipps for elementalists: save dodge rolls for his strong attacks, stay at medium range, use lightning flash (teleport thing) to get out of range of his life syphon.

I really didn't have any trouble with him or rather I had a lot of fun with him.

My friend and I are trying our different classes to beat the Soul Eater. When we finally get one that we can kill him with, we will then help each other get our main character through. I have heard that trapping him in/behind Joko's cage works. Have yet to confirm this. Our next try will be on our Holosmiths. I do agree this phase of the story is insane, however, players are managing to get through. Just keep trying or ask someone who can kill the boss to help.

Just finally got to this fight, was as I thought. I killed him in 7 seconds, he got to leap like once. In true GW2 fashion, casual players are punished severely for playing their way, while I can do as I please because all 'hp sponges' die in less than 8 seconds every time. It's like they only make content for you guys, but don't balance it for you at all.

I used holosmith for the fight

> While it's possible to kill him, it's not remotely fun. It's boring and incredibly tedious and definitely favors some classes over others. I think that's what people are most upset about. At least that's what I am. You're comment is helpful....it's just ridiculous that Anet would make this fight at all thinking it was "fun."

Yeah, it took me a couple tries including my friend looking at THIS forum while we were doing it (my instance, he was playing basically scaredy bot and running away from the soul eater) and i initially tried on my mirage. First pull, blast him down to like 70something% before he sucks in and heals to full. A couple times and I just start thinking wtf.

so then I figure out (before any comments from my friend) that "oh shit, I basicalyl can't do this as melee) so I switch to staff just doing my staff and otherwise doing miragey stuff, with stacked clone generation. still getting healed to full.

so he's healing off my clones. lovely. 3rd pull, I needed to basically cut all my clone generation (aka the mesmer signature) and effectively auto him until just after he does his drain move then burst out a couple shatters on him with what limited clone generation i've got. (woulda preferred to go gs for it, but didn't have one on me).

while I was incredibly frustrated and had to pretty much gimp my playstyle, I actually don't much mind the fight now because I felt a huge sense of accomplishment after beating him and now kinda like it because I had no idea what was coming and I had to think and design some sort of staff centric build (always preferred doing sword/gs) on the fly to keep myself distant and hitting him without too much clone generation.

This was such a shitty fight. Died 4 or 5 times as guardian before looking up how to beat it. After that, as soon as I saw him going for the jump, I ran away. He couldn't steal any health and the fight was actually really easy. Without googling I probably would've never beaten him. The siphon thing should at least have a range indicator so people would know to run away.

yeah I'm also mesmer - mirage, can't srl even is I break his bar my dps is so slow to even burst him down, it is so boring and tbh I only managed to beat him 75% , it is such a waste of time, maybe if boss would be the only part of story to think of repeating this whole part of story is horrible. I never had any trouble on mesmer with any boss in any story but this is ridiculous and actually waste of time especially if u worry will the instance crash again? Thinking of going with other character but repeat whole story? what's the point especially if I have all achievement from previous arcs x.x not to mention not everyone has lots of time in life to waste.

> @Viki.1852 said:

> yeah I'm also mesmer - mirage, can't srl even is I break his bar my dps is so slow to even burst him down, it is so boring and tbh I only managed to beat him 75% , it is such a waste of time, maybe if boss would be the only part of story to think of repeating this whole part of story is horrible. I never had any trouble on mesmer with any boss in any story but this is ridiculous and actually waste of time especially if u worry will the instance crash again? Thinking of going with other character but repeat whole story? what's the point especially if I have all achievement from previous arcs x.x not to mention not everyone has lots of time in life to waste.

ok so I decided to run chronomaster (inspiration, dueling traits choose all with crit, and on chrono choose almost all traits which had crit and slow in it) with signet and great sword, just poke it with great sword and use signet or 4 skill of gs for CC, plus 2 wells for dmg and for health the skill (forgot the name) the one that reflect projection and heal u, took me less than 2 min to beat him o.o Also to secure that I always have enough CC on other weapon I took pistol and use 5 for CC.

Hope it will help someone who also struggled with mesmer especially mirage one.

I beat him last night on my guardian. At first it was really frustrating, but then I climbed the tree near Joko's cage and used my bow. When he eventually climbed the tree after me, I'd jump off and run to Joko's cage, wherein I'd wait and range him as he approached. Kept kiting back and forth between the tree and the cage, whittling him down.

As a very casual player who plays for doing quests and stories, this is extremely frustrating. This boss is way OP'd, and then to find out that if you die and zone out, you don't restart at the checkpoint???? Seriously, who thought it would be fund to do the entire story over again?? There is a fine line between fun and frustrated enough to stop playing this game. This is it. Sometimes it feels like the designers don't consider the way that people actually play the game, why they play, and how to keep people playing.

> @Avaruu.5408 said:

> I juked it by trapping him in the cage and don't feel a shred of guilt. I'm super casual and don't boast the best playstyle, but this was just obnoxious. Pretty much nothing else in the story instances gave me any pause.

To be honest, it sounds to me it requires more skill and effort to trap him in a cage than to just breaking the defiance bar and kill him. It's almost like people willingly jump through hoops to avoid dealing with breakbars. Is this a philosophical thing? Some kind of passive resistance against this game mechanics? ^^