Achievements/Collections/Rewards That Rely on Groups

While I appreciate that GW2 is an MMO meant to play with others and I enjoy seeing other people and grouping up with them, it concerns me that if I'm not doing the achievements/collections as soon as possible, that I'll find it difficult in the future to get them done, so I feel pressured to do them quickly.

As an example, the new 32 Slot Bag and the Ascended Backpack in the map require groups to complete metas or bounties. This is fine now as the map is active, but in a year's time, getting these done will be much more difficult as newer content will be out that's taking up players' time.

Does this concern you as devs, or do you have any ideas in place to get people to do these events randomly in the future?

Zaishen Quests in GW1 were a good example of how this was preventable, as it encouraged people to do content they wouldn't usually do. Have you considered building a core system similar to dailies that encourages people to do meta events or bounties that eventually won't be desirable months/years down the line on a rotation?

Another thing I would like to add onto this, is why map completion keeps getting locked behind the meta events. With episode 1, we couldn't get the Warden's Quarters without the Great Hall meta up and we can't get the Specimen Chamber with this release without its meta event. Nothing derails map completing more than having to wait just to get one poi or vista.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> It is an MMO, I prefer having as much group content as possible over solo content. There are plenty of single player games out there I can play when I want to be solo playing

Nobody is wanting to abolish group content, rather make a reason for people to revisit the area to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the content long after the initial release.

> @"Dharkon.6481" said:

> > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > It is an MMO, I prefer having as much group content as possible over solo content. There are plenty of single player games out there I can play when I want to be solo playing

>

> Nobody is wanting to abolish group content, rather make a reason for people to revisit the area to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the content long after the initial release.

So far I never had problems finding people for content, even late at night you can usually find people for almost everything if you ask in map chat or post it in lfg. Sure you might not get the masses of people like when the content is fresh, but still enough to get things done.

> @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > @"Dharkon.6481" said:

> > > @"Malediktus.9250" said:

> > > It is an MMO, I prefer having as much group content as possible over solo content. There are plenty of single player games out there I can play when I want to be solo playing

> >

> > Nobody is wanting to abolish group content, rather make a reason for people to revisit the area to ensure that everyone is able to enjoy the content long after the initial release.

>

> So far I never had problems finding people for content, even late at night you can usually find people for almost everything if you ask in map chat or post it in lfg. Sure you might not get the masses of people like when the content is fresh, but still enough to get things done.

You basically made the same argument that the rest of us are making in a thread about Serpent's Ire meta: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/6711/serpents-ire-meta --- If people don't have a reason to do content and it isn't rewarding relative to other areas of the game, then they won't do it.

Now replace Serpent's Ire with any of the new story achievements that basically only reward AP and collection items. And it isn't just the super organized stuff like Serpents ire, smaller metas, group events tied to collections, and various achieves had plenty of people in the beginning and were five minute tasks if you locusted with the rest of the players, but if you took some time to see the sights (or actually go to work or school) it takes a half hour just to find the handful of people willing to do it.