Linsey - Living World reward structures?

I don't have a link off hand, but as part of the overall structure of Living World design I recall Linsey Murdock mentioning some overhauls were coming to reward design in order to create or encourage goals that persist between episodes or lead to larger rewards. Is that project still on the table? If so how is it coming, and what are the plans for it? What kinds of rewards would you like to implement?

• ArenaNet Staff

Yes! We are still making great strides to improve our rewards scheme for Living World, though I have mostly passed this stuff off to Matt Pennebaker so that I can focus more on the content and storytelling. The fact that we had a full 2 tier weapon set in Episode 1 is an indication that we are already getting more resources for rewards than we had in Season 3. We continue to talk about this stuff all the time, especially since Matt sits next to me and we have been a dynamic duo working on rewards for many years (he was my First Mate when I was leading the rewards team).

> @"LinseyMurdock.4165" said:

> Yes! We are still making great strides to improve our rewards scheme for Living World, though I have mostly passed this stuff off to Matt Pennebaker so that I can focus more on the content and storytelling. The fact that we had a full 2 tier weapon set in Episode 1 is an indication that we are already getting more resources for rewards than we had in Season 3. We continue to talk about this stuff all the time, especially since Matt sits next to me and we have been a dynamic duo working on rewards for many years (he was my First Mate when I was leading the rewards team).

Any chance we could get collections for those two weapon sets from episode 1? It would greatly boost my motivation to farm them all. After all it takes a huge amount of resources to build all 32 skins. The collections wouldnt even need a special reward, just some AP and maybe a title would be more than good enough for me.

> @"LinseyMurdock.4165" said:

> Yes! We are still making great strides to improve our rewards scheme for Living World, though I have mostly passed this stuff off to Matt Pennebaker so that I can focus more on the content and storytelling. The fact that we had a full 2 tier weapon set in Episode 1 is an indication that we are already getting more resources for rewards than we had in Season 3. We continue to talk about this stuff all the time, especially since Matt sits next to me and we have been a dynamic duo working on rewards for many years (he was my First Mate when I was leading the rewards team).

Thanks linsey, both episode 1 and this one has one of the best living world rewards we had for quite a while. I hope you manage to squeeze more collections aimed for PoF maps as well since lacking significance and replayability for them was one of the biggest complaints

I have to say. Those achievements that set you out on a journey (like the one with kralkatite in season 1) serve like a great way to replay content in a way that makes sense whilst also telling a bit of a story. Definitely prefer those over the usual get everything of this weapon/armorset achievements.

Not that completionist achievements should be forgotten. Seems easy to implement for those willing to do, even though in my opinion, fairly empty and meaningless repetition of content.