Never go back to HoT style zones, stick to PoF

nehezbegar.1065

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to add I'm a big fan of huge open spaces. I'm like a dog in a park, I see that big open vista of dunes/fields/ocean and I want to sprint across it. I figured I probably wouldn't see the scale that I was hoping for in PoF but somehow I was still disappointed. Not entirely though, there's at least one moderately sized open area.

I like Verdant Brink and Auric Basin. Tangled Depths is overkill on "mazey-ness." I do agree that certain overtuned mobs in HoT are the main issue; and the frustrating at times map layout is just salt in the wound. The biggest problem with 5-7 layer tall maps like TD is the in-game 2d map is 99% useless. If there was a full 3d wireframe style map of the passages, completely rotate-able, then there would be much much less issue.

My preference would be a mix of Auric Basin level complexity maps and more wide open expansive once.

> @alceste.8712 said:

> > @Abelisk.4527 said:

> > Living World season 3 was **an example of verticality and horizontality balanced well**.

>

> While I really disliked the HoT maps, I did enjoy LW season 3 quite a bit. The maps were fun and having a different set of dailies on each was nice.

Well, let's talk about ls3

1. **Bloodstone Fen**: No vertical issues or path to follow. WP situated way up above. pretty linear

2. **Ember Bay**: Pretty plain exploration. No multilvls.

3. **Bitterfrost**: A core Tyria map

4. **Lake Doric**: A core Tyria map ( and one of the most annoying one imho, though i liked the idea )

5. **Draconis Mons**: Here we have a multylvl map with a cool mechanic given from masteries. Pretty large but exploration and tokens collection was really fun.

6. **Siren's Landing**: Plain exploration, except some things. I used to hate at first the updraft part when too many players was there. But still my favourite map from the ls3 ( i really like abaddon's ascent ).

So, Draconis Mons apart, i see no other examples of of vertically/horizontally exploration map ( i can't say they are well balanced cause of the missing vertical exploration ).

And it's a waste that they say they won't bring HoT masteries in old zones ( but i do understand that is something related to specific zones ).