Is hacking accepted by Anet?

Snapz.4702

I've just wondering is hacking allowed by anet now? I see new and old hackers still terrorising both in Spvp and WvW for months now.

And before you say "report them to anet" with videos or whatnot. We all know thats a joke, a placebo effect. Aslong people dont hack in their precious raids its ok?

I'd like to hear from ANET are they even looking into this?

If you were around in the time of gw1. Hackers started up around the second expansion with the Lux and Kurz storyline and pvp/vpe gamemodes . They seemed to have been stopped for just a bit but then came back double force and added in the bots. This just became accepted because there was no money making when it came to actually banning people. Just like back then. PvP in gw2 isn't a money making part of the game so it is left to rot with little to no support. This will always be a shiny buyable objects and PvE game first then a PvP game last.

To really stop the botters and hackers we may need to just wait for new coding which means Guild wars 3

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> I don't often play pvp here but I played some mobas (lol, hots etc.) and people call out 'hacker' extremely fast. There are people who think others hack and there is no hacking involved. Maybe they are just frustrated be cause they think they're bad players.

Definetly true!

I don't think of myself as a bad player, and i'm cleary far from being a very good player.

I even catch myself sometimes thinking "%§$%§$ that Hacker!" when the right thing could

have been like: luck/lag/i pressed the wrong button/couldn't react fast enough or the dude just was better than i was.

But there are/were situation like these:

When i see a warrior teleporting like a thief during the stomp animation...

Or when i see a necromancer blinking across the Borderlands like a mesmer...

Or when i see a 10+ Player Zerg not being able to down a guardian because he/she insta heals any damage WITHOUT cooldowns of any kind...

Or when a mesmer FLIES over the walls of an INTACT keep only to portal in his zerg...

I could go on, but i think you'll get the message ;)

edit: I only recently started doing PvP/sPvP, so my observations come from the WvW.

> @"ProtoGunner.4953" said:

> Well I have never seen such things in WvW and I also played my 100 hours there I think. But hey, it's possible, there are hackers and if it is that obvious of course you have to report them.

Just go on YouTube and do a search. There’s plenty of videos showing people fly hacking a lot still play. So it’s not possible it’s actually happening. It was to the point Anet had to increase the height of the invisible walls around keeps and towers to stop it but they never fixed the code allowing it(maybe they can’t) so now they just go higher.

There’s also plenty of video showing speed hackers and the like in both game modes so it’s there, you either don’t recognize or haven’t seen it.

> @"Jace al Thor.6745" said:

> you either don’t recognize or haven’t seen it.

as seen in a before mentioned video, that hack can be adjusted so its camouflaged - the naked eye cannot tell much difference between people running it and those not. Only time you can actually observe something is when affected "player" has Cripple e.g. on them but still move at normal speeds.

> @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> It’s not **accepted**. It’s being **ignored**! That’s a huge difference.

This. And ArenaNet must be very well aware of the issues because they're not complete morons and also read these forums and watch YouTube. They most likely have serious difficulties in addressing the problems and therefore do not like to give too much attention to it. But is is certainly not accepted and if you decide to join the hackers you most likely end up with a ban sooner or later. I would not take the risk.

To the old Gw1 players: Remember the days of monk/warr bots flooding places like [Marhans's Grotto](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Marhan%27s_Grotto "Marhans's Grotto")? This also seemed to be ignored by ANet for quite some time but many months later there was a huge ban wave and the bots never returned there.

Just don't take the risk. It's not worth your account.

**Having said that**: I would love to see some statements and updates from ArenaNet about the reports, that they can at least confirm the reports and say that they are working on it.

> @"TheQuickFox.3826" said:

> > @"AllNightPlayer.1286" said:

> > It’s not **accepted**. It’s being **ignored**! That’s a huge difference.

>

> This. And ArenaNet must be very well aware of the issues because they're not complete morons and also read these forums and watch YouTube. They most likely have serious difficulties in addressing the problems and therefore do not like to give too much attention to it. But is is certainly not accepted and if you decide to join the hackers you most likely end up with a ban sooner or later. I would not take the risk.

>

> To the old Gw1 players: Remember the days of monk/warr bots flooding places like [Marhans's Grotto](https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Marhan%27s_Grotto "Marhans's Grotto")? This also seemed to be ignored by ANet for quite some time but many months later there was a huge ban wave and the bots never returned there.

>

> Just don't take the risk. It's not worth your account.

>

> **Having said that**: I would love to see some statements and updates from ArenaNet about the reports, that they can at least confirm the reports and say that they are working on it.

Id like to remind there is people that never got banned despite had video proof on youtube , he just have friends that work directly in Anet to unban from permabans OR they give 0 ***ks about it ,pick one ?

I have been in a situation where I caught an apparent hacker. I video'd the incident and posted it on youtube at ANET's request. They won't inform you what actions they take. *I don't think I've ever seen that player again in PvP.*

ANET does respond to direct email reports with evidence. Mention in your email that you have video. That seems to get their attention.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> I have been in a situation where I caught an apparent hacker. I video'd the incident and posted it on youtube at ANET's request. They won't inform you what actions they take. *I don't think I've ever seen that player again in PvP.*

>

> ANET does respond to direct email reports with evidence. Mention in your email that you have video. That seems to get their attention.

yes but it's not our job to get them. We're not paid in-game police to stop this. We fund this game's development so we have the right to have a cheater-free environment. The fact how very little they seem to care is insulting to our wallets.

> @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > I have been in a situation where I caught an apparent hacker. I video'd the incident and posted it on youtube at ANET's request. They won't inform you what actions they take. *I don't think I've ever seen that player again in PvP.*

> >

> > ANET does respond to direct email reports with evidence. Mention in your email that you have video. That seems to get their attention.

>

> yes but it's not our job to get them. We're not paid in-game police to stop this. We fund this game's development so we have the right to have a cheater-free environment. The fact how very little they seem to care is insulting to our wallets.

My point is that ANET will take action. I have also met "in-game police" and been on the receiving end of their attention. It's reasonable to offer evidence, like a video, when you say someone is cheating... I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing ANET gets 10+ cheating reports daily. That's a lot to track.

> @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > @"Inoki.6048" said:

> > > @"Ithilwen.1529" said:

> > > I have been in a situation where I caught an apparent hacker. I video'd the incident and posted it on youtube at ANET's request. They won't inform you what actions they take. *I don't think I've ever seen that player again in PvP.*

> > >

> > > ANET does respond to direct email reports with evidence. Mention in your email that you have video. That seems to get their attention.

> >

> > yes but it's not our job to get them. We're not paid in-game police to stop this. We fund this game's development so we have the right to have a cheater-free environment. The fact how very little they seem to care is insulting to our wallets.

>

> My point is that ANET will take action. I have also met "in-game police" and been on the receiving end of their attention. It's reasonable to offer evidence, like a video, when you say someone is cheating... I wouldn't know, but I'm guessing ANET gets 10+ cheating reports daily. That's a lot to track.

Then you're the minority to whom they responded, congrats.

Compare this game to FAQ, Help Central / contact Support and In-Game Help in other notable titles and you will learn it's far behind. The interaction between Game Masters (until now I didn't even know this game has some) and players is almost non-existent as reported countless times.

The fact there's absolutely no in-game form to request GM support directly says it all. With a sufficient amount of GMs there would be no need for video submissions in the first place, as they could port to said location, witness wrongdoing and take action.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, such countermeasures could drastically discourage the use of third party software. Coverage of both NA and EU wouldn't be a problem either, so if other developers take care of their games better, why are ANet failing to address this menace on such a large scale?