Things that should be added to pvp/wvw

BlueCar.1587

• ArenaNet Staff

> @"Ziooo.8932" said:

> > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> > It's a 3rd set of glorious armor using the original as a base with some enhancements.

>

> How's that gonna work compared to WvW? We have 3 sets there, and you require the 1st to be able to buy the 2nd and that one to by the 3rd (coupled with some high levels), the very first is received from reward tracks, where the others are bought, and both the 2nd and 3rd are upgradable to legendary.

>

> I'm kinda working on my pvp legendary armor, and i want to get this new set when its out to wear as my legendary, will i also require to have unlocked the other skins? I mean, we dont need glorious to be able to buy ardent as of now, and that "original" you're saying is the glorious or the ardent? Since in wvw we have more or less an indirect upgrade 1st>2nd>3rd, it'd be odd to have pvp be 1st>3rd.

>

> (if u cant/dont know the answer its fine)

Current plan is that you'll need ardent to get the upgraded version of ardent.

We're also planning to have a tournament version that you can get for placing 1-4 in the monthly AT.

I'm planning to make them upgradeable to legendary using the same type of recipe the ardent current uses.

> @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> Current plan is that you'll need ardent to get the upgraded version of ardent.

> We're also planning to have a tournament version that you can get for placing 1-4 in the monthly AT.

>

> I'm planning to make them upgradeable to legendary using the same type of recipe the ardent current uses.

Omg thats neat, Ty for the quick response as well!

Do not forget:

* Rent-a-mount on citadels, bases and sentries. Pay 5 badges of honor, get a mount for 5 mins with no jumping capabilities and no engage skill that lets you catch up with faraway friends in the map, but that has reduced defense vs the Invader teams. So you can run past hostile wildlife, but any player or NPC of the enemy teams can force you to dismount in one hit.

I dont get it...why WvW and sPvP cant have legendary armor skins? Not talking about the stats and the tier, talking about the same skin from Raids...requires as much if not more effort than the PvE version, and yet, its a normal skin...makes no sense for me, its just cause PvE Raid players would rage on the foruns or something?

> > @"BlueCar.1587" said:

> > The following list includes some suggestions about things that would be nice to have in pvp but don´t require much effort to work.

> > (This thread is not about balance)

> >

> > - Legendary weapons and trinkets. Not the skins but the utility of legendary weapons, similar to the legendary armor we already have. Make the precursers very expensive (1000 ascended shards of glory and 10 grandmaster marks or something like this), but make them purchassable.

>

> Weapons are probably unlikely. We've talked about trinkets before though. We still have some questions we have to work out internally.

>

> > - 32 slot baggs. I´ve stolen this idea from another thread, but in my opinion it would be cool if there was a possiblity to increase the inventory space with grinding pvp and not being forced to grind pve .(just make them expensive enough, so that not everybody just farms them in pvp and the pve-players complain about being bullied).

>

> We're not opposed to this, with proper pricing & time commitment. It's something I'd like to do at some point, but not yet sure where I'll fit it in with everything else we're doing right now.

>

> >

> > I´m curious about the communitie´s thoughts about how to make the pvp-experience more comfortable :)

> >

> >

>

>

Thanks for the response but why do you guys deliberately ignore questions about build templates. It has being bothering me, as if some one at Anet has something against implementing it.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> I dont get it...why WvW and sPvP cant have legendary armor skins? Not talking about the stats and the tier, talking about the same skin from Raids...requires as much if not more effort than the PvE version, and yet, its a normal skin...makes no sense for me, its just cause PvE Raid players would rage on the foruns or something?

It's because when Anet created the PvE legendary skins they by their own words ended up committing way more resources and time on those skins than they intended to. Do recall that the PvE legendary skins where supposed to be released with raids, yet ended up being released over a year later because of how much of a resource drain the creation of those skins turned out to be.

> @"Felipe.1807" said:

> I dont get it...why WvW and sPvP cant have legendary armor skins? Not talking about the stats and the tier, talking about the same skin from Raids...requires as much if not more effort than the PvE version, and yet, its a normal skin...makes no sense for me, its just cause PvE Raid players would rage on the foruns or something?

I should hope it's something they will address eventually, like they are already working on PvP legendary armor skins. It seems that due to lack of time and resources they pushed out the functionality of legendary armor so that at least PvP WvW players could acquire the functional aspect.

> @"Crinn.7864" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > I dont get it...why WvW and sPvP cant have legendary armor skins? Not talking about the stats and the tier, talking about the same skin from Raids...requires as much if not more effort than the PvE version, and yet, its a normal skin...makes no sense for me, its just cause PvE Raid players would rage on the foruns or something?

>

> It's because when Anet created the PvE legendary skins they by their own words ended up committing way more resources and time on those skins than they intended to. Do recall that the PvE legendary skins where supposed to be released with raids, yet ended up being released over a year later because of how much of a resource drain the creation of those skins turned out to be.

>

Okay, Legendary Armor took a lot of time and resource to be made...but still, why not allow other game modes(WvW and sPvP) to have those skins too? Not talking about making new ones, saying using the exact same from the Raids...the game its about skins, giving WvW and sPvP players only the legendary tier quality to the gear dosent feel right, they allready needs as much if not more effort to be made, and the challenge thing aint a good argument, nobody gonna say that fighting actual players is easier than a scripted AI(or atleast shouldnt be the case lol)

> @"ImperialWL.7138" said:

> > @"Felipe.1807" said:

> > I dont get it...why WvW and sPvP cant have legendary armor skins? Not talking about the stats and the tier, talking about the same skin from Raids...requires as much if not more effort than the PvE version, and yet, its a normal skin...makes no sense for me, its just cause PvE Raid players would rage on the foruns or something?

>

> I should hope it's something they will address eventually, like they are already working on PvP legendary armor skins. It seems that due to lack of time and resources they pushed out the functionality of legendary armor so that at least PvP WvW players could acquire the functional aspect.

No, they aint working on new skins for sPvP, let alone a legendary one like from Raids, they doing a simple retexture...its probably gonna have the visual progression that Triumphant armor from WvW have.

• 3 weeks later...

> > @"ZeftheWicked.3076" said:

> > > @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:

> >

> > > It's not going to be a new skin. but will have some effect treatments to the old ones. Yes, I know. I want a completely new skin too. I'm hoping we can make that happen, but it's a long ways out.

> >

> > That sounds rather vague. So to clear this up, are we talking about:

> >

> > a) a 3rd set of glorious armor that will obviously use either regular glorious or ardent glorious as base and add on top of that

> > b) a change in looks of current ardent glorious armor?

> >

> > ?

>

> It's a 3rd set of glorious armor using the original as a base with some enhancements.

Sorry for bringing this up again. But I am one of those waiting for that new PvP legendary set. And from what I read you plan to give us another more flashy version of the existing Ardent one. Well with all due respect that doesn't make any difference. I would prefer to wait and get something that justifies the legendary title rather than a reskin. Thanks.

> > @"BlueCar.1587" said:

> > The following list includes some suggestions about things that would be nice to have in pvp but don´t require much effort to work.

> > (This thread is not about balance)

> >

> > - Legendary weapons and trinkets. Not the skins but the utility of legendary weapons, similar to the legendary armor we already have. Make the precursers very expensive (1000 ascended shards of glory and 10 grandmaster marks or something like this), but make them purchassable.

>

> Weapons are probably unlikely. We've talked about trinkets before though. We still have some questions we have to work out internally.

>

> > - 32 slot baggs. I´ve stolen this idea from another thread, but in my opinion it would be cool if there was a possiblity to increase the inventory space with grinding pvp and not being forced to grind pve .(just make them expensive enough, so that not everybody just farms them in pvp and the pve-players complain about being bullied).

>

> We're not opposed to this, with proper pricing & time commitment. It's something I'd like to do at some point, but not yet sure where I'll fit it in with everything else we're doing right now.

>

> >

> > I´m curious about the communitie´s thoughts about how to make the pvp-experience more comfortable :)

> >

> >

>

>

Hey Ben.....can you by any chance lower the requirements of champion brawler and conqueror? I always thought 10k wins was a bit excessive.....I've been playing since launch and I have a bit over half that. At this rate gw3 will be out before I ever finish the last tiers lol. PLEASE MAN! PLEASE change it! 2k wins would be a nice modest requirement.