Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Bloodstealer.5978" said:

> > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > > > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > > > > Now that we're working our way up, here are a few other questions. Can you find out the Mobo manufacturer and model? Next is, did you upgrade your power supply and what wattage rating is it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thankfully. I ordered all this on amazon. So I still have information just looking at my past orders.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I might need a link to re-download those drivers and My computer guy said hes almost positive I have 500 watts

> > > > >

> > > > > Right off the bat with what you have 500 watts is bare minimum. I would suggest you should be around 850 minimum.

> > > >

> > > > When GW2 crashes it says in the error "cannot read memory" really? I thought 500 was high

> > >

> > > I'm running Intel 4 core with Radeon vid card, 16gb of ramm, Windows 7 is on a standard Seagate hd, GW2 is on a separate SSD. I'm running an 1100 watt psu. I have 10 fans in my case. I never could do liquid cooling mixed with electricity thing. My wife actually told me the power meter outside speeds up every time I play, lol.

> >

> > What power supply do I need? It sounds like awful lot though to run a computer.

>

> Its more about delivering a smooth consistent power to the components on demand.. GPU's under load tend to be hungry animals.. (ok no more hamster jokes or the WWF might be calling at my door looking for my stash of them :) )

Sbould I re-download the link to my mother board, do you happen to have it. I'm not sure if my PC guy did that

Not knowing what your motherboard is (make/model) I would have no clue what link you need.

For the GPU go to the AMD website, enter model number of your card .. XFX RX580 and you should be able to find the correct drivers and maybe some fan control software.(not overclocking software).

Your motherboard may also have a fan control feature so really if your unsure what your doing either speak to your PC guy or take it to a PC shop.

Sound to me you might want to do a clean install of everything and reload drivers and application again.

> @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> I have

>

> XFX RX-580P8DFD6 Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB 1386MHz 8Gb 256-bit GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Eyefinity Video Card

So this is your graphics card (I hope your system is 64-bit?): http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-500-series/rx-580-gts-8gb-dd-rx-580p8dfd6

And this is where you can download software for your card: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

The website said that your card came with the "[AMD Crimson software suite](http://xfxforce.com/en-us/support/drivers "AMD Crimson software suite")", but as far as I can tell (the AMD website is not very user-friendly to navigate and the font causes me a headache), that is outdated and the new suite is called "Adrenalin Edition". It's hard to tell, because AMD doesn't put any release dates on their [release notes](https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-Beta.aspx "release notes").

There seems to be no additional manufacturer software that includes a fan controller etc., because XFX cards are obvoiusly manufactured by AMD themselves. So fan controlling is done directly via the aforementioned Overdrive.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > I have

> >

> > XFX RX-580P8DFD6 Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 8GB 1386MHz 8Gb 256-bit GDDR5 PCI-Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Eyefinity Video Card

>

> So this is your graphics card (I hope your system is 64-bit?): http://xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-500-series/rx-580-gts-8gb-dd-rx-580p8dfd6

>

> And this is where you can download software for your card: https://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Windows%207%20-%2064

>

> The website said that your card came with the "[AMD Crimson software suite](http://xfxforce.com/en-us/support/drivers "AMD Crimson software suite")", but as far as I can tell (the AMD website is not very user-friendly to navigate and the font causes me a headache), that is outdated and the new suite is called "Adrenalin Edition". It's hard to tell, because AMD doesn't put any release dates on their [release notes](https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/AMD-Radeon-Software-Crimson-Edition-Beta.aspx "release notes").

>

> There seems to be no additional manufacturer software that includes a fan controller etc., because XFX cards are obvoiusly manufactured by AMD themselves. So fan controlling is done directly via the aforementioned Overdrive.

Thank you. It came with a CD. However i don't have a drive to run it. I might have pick up a 20 dollar one at walmart. That's the same thing my computer guy. He installed it off the website but honestly i think they put things in there like to control the bios they didn't add on the driver

> > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > press H to get the hero panel then you have a star in the middle over the crafting hammer.

> > Top of it is my story what your doing at the moment check further down you will see heart of thorns(green text) and/or path of fire(purple text)

> > click either and start story.

> >

> > To get back to your other story go up to my story and continue on what ever chapter you were on.

>

> > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > Is the front of your case closed off? You didn't show the front panel, but a lot of glass oriented cases have closed front panels with small vents that provide nearly zero airflow which impacts the gpu temperatures. GW2 can cause gpu temperatures to go up to 70-80 degrees normally, and with a closed off case on top of a line of gpus with inconsistent cooling it wouldn't be surprising if the temperatures reached 90 degrees.

> >

> > One thing you can do is remove the front panel of your case, ensuring your gpu is not overclocked, and a clean re-install of your drivers and gw2.

>

> It's opened. I opened it and removed the front vent that it has on there for more airflow so more dust does get in but also more airflow. It has three small fans at the front but I don't think its doing a great job.

Did you check to see if your gpu was running on stock settings? Also, when exactly did you buy your GPU? If it's within return period, I would return it and buy something else, if you can't return it, you could try making a warranty claim to at least get a replacement if nothing works.

> By the way is that processor still good.

The AMD FX chips are actually pretty bad, it's what contributed to Intel having a large market share and providing minor improvements each generation. Hopefully it isn't something you bought recently, because even the cheap Ryzen chips would be better.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > press H to get the hero panel then you have a star in the middle over the crafting hammer.

> > > Top of it is my story what your doing at the moment check further down you will see heart of thorns(green text) and/or path of fire(purple text)

> > > click either and start story.

> > >

> > > To get back to your other story go up to my story and continue on what ever chapter you were on.

> >

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > Is the front of your case closed off? You didn't show the front panel, but a lot of glass oriented cases have closed front panels with small vents that provide nearly zero airflow which impacts the gpu temperatures. GW2 can cause gpu temperatures to go up to 70-80 degrees normally, and with a closed off case on top of a line of gpus with inconsistent cooling it wouldn't be surprising if the temperatures reached 90 degrees.

> > >

> > > One thing you can do is remove the front panel of your case, ensuring your gpu is not overclocked, and a clean re-install of your drivers and gw2.

> >

> > It's opened. I opened it and removed the front vent that it has on there for more airflow so more dust does get in but also more airflow. It has three small fans at the front but I don't think its doing a great job.

>

> Did you check to see if your gpu was running on stock settings? Also, when exactly did you buy your GPU? If it's within return period, I would return it and buy something else, if you can't return it, you could try making a warranty claim to at least get a replacement if nothing works.

>

> > By the way is that processor still good.

>

> The AMD FX chips are actually pretty bad, it's what contributed to Intel having a large market share and providing minor improvements each generation. Hopefully it isn't something you bought recently, because even the cheap Ryzen chips would be better.

I bought it off Amazon. If I needed to replace it what would you suggest for an affordable one. I am not a rich man. Somewhere cheap under 150 if possible. or 200 max. I don't play many games, maybe this one and another one. I bought it years ago in 2015 i think. How I check if its on stock settings

> > > @"Icemanfrost.5428" said:

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > press H to get the hero panel then you have a star in the middle over the crafting hammer.

> > > > Top of it is my story what your doing at the moment check further down you will see heart of thorns(green text) and/or path of fire(purple text)

> > > > click either and start story.

> > > >

> > > > To get back to your other story go up to my story and continue on what ever chapter you were on.

> > >

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > Is the front of your case closed off? You didn't show the front panel, but a lot of glass oriented cases have closed front panels with small vents that provide nearly zero airflow which impacts the gpu temperatures. GW2 can cause gpu temperatures to go up to 70-80 degrees normally, and with a closed off case on top of a line of gpus with inconsistent cooling it wouldn't be surprising if the temperatures reached 90 degrees.

> > > >

> > > > One thing you can do is remove the front panel of your case, ensuring your gpu is not overclocked, and a clean re-install of your drivers and gw2.

> > >

> > > It's opened. I opened it and removed the front vent that it has on there for more airflow so more dust does get in but also more airflow. It has three small fans at the front but I don't think its doing a great job.

> >

> > Did you check to see if your gpu was running on stock settings? Also, when exactly did you buy your GPU? If it's within return period, I would return it and buy something else, if you can't return it, you could try making a warranty claim to at least get a replacement if nothing works.

> >

> > > By the way is that processor still good.

> >

> > The AMD FX chips are actually pretty bad, it's what contributed to Intel having a large market share and providing minor improvements each generation. Hopefully it isn't something you bought recently, because even the cheap Ryzen chips would be better.

>

> I bought it off Amazon. If I needed to replace it what would you suggest for an affordable one. I am not a rich man. Somewhere cheap under 150 if possible. or 200 max. I don't play many games, maybe this one and another one. I bought it years ago in 2015 i think. How I check if its on stock settings

I would check on your warranty first, generally within 3 years of purchase it covers gpu failures as long as there's no obvious accident. It means they would either fix the card, or just send you a replacement card while you send your old one. For ~200$ you won't get a gpu equal to your current card unless you buy used. 200 would only get you a GXT1050ti or a low end amd gpu. Which would be fine if you mostly play GW2 and other games that aren't gpu intensive. Although, replacing your gpu is only necessary if it's actually faulty and warranty is expired.

> Thank you. It came with a CD. However i don't have a drive to run it.

I know. You mentioned it. That's why I offered to find you the software online. (Memory loss? ;) )

> I might have pick up a 20 dollar one at walmart.

What for? I found you everything online. I told you that your card's manufacturer is AMD and that that's why there is no additional software other than the Radeon graphics suite (whatever it's called). So why would you (a) waste money on something you don't seem to need, and (b) install software that is outdated (because what's online is always up-to-date, a CD's content does not update ;) ).

Unless your graphics card's package says that there is superduper-unique-not-to-be-found-elsewhere software, I would advise you simply install the software from the link I provided. Overdrive is part of AMD's Radeon driver software, and that's what you need to control your GPU fans.

Oh good heavens. You don't need AMD software packages or drivers. Just get MSI afterburner or NZXT's cam software which will allow you to both monitor your temps and set fan curves.

What probably is happening is either your GPU's fan died, your gpu thermometer died, or you accidently set your gpu fan to manual.

> > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > press H to get the hero panel then you have a star in the middle over the crafting hammer.

> > > > Top of it is my story what your doing at the moment check further down you will see heart of thorns(green text) and/or path of fire(purple text)

> > > > click either and start story.

> > > >

> > > > To get back to your other story go up to my story and continue on what ever chapter you were on.

> > >

> > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > Is the front of your case closed off? You didn't show the front panel, but a lot of glass oriented cases have closed front panels with small vents that provide nearly zero airflow which impacts the gpu temperatures. GW2 can cause gpu temperatures to go up to 70-80 degrees normally, and with a closed off case on top of a line of gpus with inconsistent cooling it wouldn't be surprising if the temperatures reached 90 degrees.

> > > >

> > > > One thing you can do is remove the front panel of your case, ensuring your gpu is not overclocked, and a clean re-install of your drivers and gw2.

> > >

> > > It's opened. I opened it and removed the front vent that it has on there for more airflow so more dust does get in but also more airflow. It has three small fans at the front but I don't think its doing a great job.

> >

> > Did you check to see if your gpu was running on stock settings? Also, when exactly did you buy your GPU? If it's within return period, I would return it and buy something else, if you can't return it, you could try making a warranty claim to at least get a replacement if nothing works.

> >

> > > By the way is that processor still good.

> >

> > The AMD FX chips are actually pretty bad, it's what contributed to Intel having a large market share and providing minor improvements each generation. Hopefully it isn't something you bought recently, because even the cheap Ryzen chips would be better.

>

> I bought it off Amazon. If I needed to replace it what would you suggest for an affordable one. I am not a rich man. Somewhere cheap under 150 if possible. or 200 max. I don't play many games, maybe this one and another one. I bought it years ago in 2015 i think. How I check if its on stock settings

You're not going to be replacing a GPU for under 200 dollars unless you go for garbage. The Radeon 580 you have right now is retailing for over 300 USD right now, any card you buy for <200 is going to be a massive downgrade

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > @"Linken.6345" said:

> > > > > press H to get the hero panel then you have a star in the middle over the crafting hammer.

> > > > > Top of it is my story what your doing at the moment check further down you will see heart of thorns(green text) and/or path of fire(purple text)

> > > > > click either and start story.

> > > > >

> > > > > To get back to your other story go up to my story and continue on what ever chapter you were on.

> > > >

> > > > > @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > > > Is the front of your case closed off? You didn't show the front panel, but a lot of glass oriented cases have closed front panels with small vents that provide nearly zero airflow which impacts the gpu temperatures. GW2 can cause gpu temperatures to go up to 70-80 degrees normally, and with a closed off case on top of a line of gpus with inconsistent cooling it wouldn't be surprising if the temperatures reached 90 degrees.

> > > > >

> > > > > One thing you can do is remove the front panel of your case, ensuring your gpu is not overclocked, and a clean re-install of your drivers and gw2.

> > > >

> > > > It's opened. I opened it and removed the front vent that it has on there for more airflow so more dust does get in but also more airflow. It has three small fans at the front but I don't think its doing a great job.

> > >

> > > Did you check to see if your gpu was running on stock settings? Also, when exactly did you buy your GPU? If it's within return period, I would return it and buy something else, if you can't return it, you could try making a warranty claim to at least get a replacement if nothing works.

> > >

> > > > By the way is that processor still good.

> > >

> > > The AMD FX chips are actually pretty bad, it's what contributed to Intel having a large market share and providing minor improvements each generation. Hopefully it isn't something you bought recently, because even the cheap Ryzen chips would be better.

> >

> > I bought it off Amazon. If I needed to replace it what would you suggest for an affordable one. I am not a rich man. Somewhere cheap under 150 if possible. or 200 max. I don't play many games, maybe this one and another one. I bought it years ago in 2015 i think. How I check if its on stock settings

>

> I would check on your warranty first, generally within 3 years of purchase it covers gpu failures as long as there's no obvious accident. It means they would either fix the card, or just send you a replacement card while you send your old one. For ~200$ you won't get a gpu equal to your current card unless you buy used. 200 would only get you a GXT1050ti or a low end amd gpu. Which would be fine if you mostly play GW2 and other games that aren't gpu intensive. Although, replacing your gpu is only necessary if it's actually faulty and warranty is expired.

Oh a GPU meant a video card. It's funny because I just bought this video card like a week ago. I'll have to stick with this card sadly for now. I just didn't think it'd be this hot or loud.

GPU == Graphics Processing Unit. It's pedantically speaking *part* of the video card(1), but for gaming, it's the *most important* part.

(1) the GPU receives instructions from the main computer and follows them to draw interesting things on the screen. The other parts are things like the memory, the interface to the monitor (that converts what's in the memory to signals that the monitor understands), and so on. GPUs can also be used for generalised computing tasks, the so-called "GPGPU" computing.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> GPU == Graphics Processing Unit. It's pedantically speaking *part* of the video card(1), but for gaming, it's the *most important* part.

>

> (1) the GPU receives instructions from the main computer and follows them to draw interesting things on the screen. The other parts are things like the memory, the interface to the monitor (that converts what's in the memory to signals that the monitor understands), and so on. GPUs can also be used for generalised computing tasks, the so-called "GPGPU" computing.

I may re-install the game. Everytime it load. I get the "it needs to repair archie" the only program I've used so far on i was MSI afterburner. The video card is new and it works fine expect when it gets loud and hot during video games.

> > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > GPU == Graphics Processing Unit. It's pedantically speaking *part* of the video card(1), but for gaming, it's the *most important* part.

> >

> > (1) the GPU receives instructions from the main computer and follows them to draw interesting things on the screen. The other parts are things like the memory, the interface to the monitor (that converts what's in the memory to signals that the monitor understands), and so on. GPUs can also be used for generalised computing tasks, the so-called "GPGPU" computing.

>

> I may re-install the game. Everytime it load. I get the "it needs to repair archie" the only program I've used so far on i was MSI afterburner. The video card is new and it works fine expect when it gets loud and hot during video games.

If you got it a week ago I would ask for another one, you should never accept faulty hardware because it eventually gets to a point where it doesn't work at all. Hardware degrades with heat, and if your card is reaching 90 degrees as a new unit even with the loud fans you shouldn't keep it. Most retailers allow you to return it with no cost to you, and this issue would be covered under warranty too.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> > > @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> > > GPU == Graphics Processing Unit. It's pedantically speaking *part* of the video card(1), but for gaming, it's the *most important* part.

> > >

> > > (1) the GPU receives instructions from the main computer and follows them to draw interesting things on the screen. The other parts are things like the memory, the interface to the monitor (that converts what's in the memory to signals that the monitor understands), and so on. GPUs can also be used for generalised computing tasks, the so-called "GPGPU" computing.

> >

> > I may re-install the game. Everytime it load. I get the "it needs to repair archie" the only program I've used so far on i was MSI afterburner. The video card is new and it works fine expect when it gets loud and hot during video games.

>

> If you got it a week ago I would ask for another one, you should never accept faulty hardware because it eventually gets to a point where it doesn't work at all. Hardware degrades with heat, and if your card is reaching 90 degrees as a new unit even with the loud fans you shouldn't keep it. Most retailers allow you to return it with no cost to you, and this issue would be covered under warranty too.

When I turn on MSI. I notice it says "Max Settings is 90' I don't know if it goes to 90 all the way. It does sit at 40-50 before the game even starts. I'll call them and hopefully they can do something. I just hate to be without my video card for that long. I use it daily for hours on end.