What if next spec didn't get a weapon but...

killfil.3472

Running -> Gliding -> Riding -> squad teleport for 150 MPs?

Clamming -> muscles -> oysters -> conchs?

No fishing... ... ... Fishing?

Seriously, there is no reason the next elite spec cannot get MH focus, war horn, or OH axe. I want land-spear but it could be OH shield and banners, though, making a dedicated dark tank.

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> Running -> Gliding -> Riding -> squad teleport for 150 MPs?

> Clamming -> muscles -> oysters -> conchs?

> No fishing... ... ... Fishing?

>

> Seriously, there is no reason the next elite spec cannot get MH focus, war horn, or OH axe. I want land-spear but it could be OH shield and banners, though, making a dedicated dark tank.

>

Holy sweet merciful Budah spears on land would be awesome °_°

> @"Anchoku.8142" said:

> The forum complained, loudly and for years, that Necro needed a power cleave and it happened. (Condi cleave is almost entirely Epidemic.) We also asked for group support and it sort of happened. So what does the profession need next?

Mobility... definitely mobility... Granted what they did for the previous e-spec, I don't realy want to see how they will address mobility...

> @"EremiteAngel.9765" said:

> New elite spec to give a mobile necro downstate. Inherit the thief downed skills.

Impressive!... Wait... no... there is stealth as well... Wouldn't that make the necromancer op?

As for the heavy armor, that's definitely a no. Needing an additionnal whole set of armor due to a single e-spec for what? 10% inate damage reduction at the very best?

There are no large role gaps I can see that need filling besides tank that do not break with the profession theme.

Core: selfish debuffer

Expac 1: power cleave debuffer

Expac 2: buffing debuffer

Expac 3: tanking debuffer?

Sure, there are other options like stealthy debuffer, higher mobility debuffer, and ranged debuffer that are less dramatic changes to core Necro but the functional gaps are not as large as in the core game. They can add more new boons, conditions, and special mechanics but the current core-core-elite trait system carries a certain amount of baggage.

There are a lot of questions I have about the next expac like what comes after mounts? It may be challenging for Arenanet to expand without some kind of fundamental change in how they approach professions and many other aspects of the game like crafting, WvW, and PvP. Expecting customers to pay for another chunk of PvE land without huge, new, got to have it, features may be expecting too much so I expect Arenanet to do something more aggressive with the core game. Exceeding expectations is how companies succeed.