> @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > >

> > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > >

> > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > >

> > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> >

> > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

>

> But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

But having ele is going to result in more damage than having engi.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > > >

> > > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > > >

> > > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > >

> > > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> >

> > But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

>

> But having ele is going to result in more damage than having engi.

Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether condi engi works or not, just that you prefer ele. I prefer my Daredevil to either one, does that mean that neither of those is worth having?

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > > > >

> > > > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > > > >

> > > > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > > >

> > > > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> > >

> > > But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

> >

> > But having ele is going to result in more damage than having engi.

>

> Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether condi engi works or not, just that you prefer ele. I prefer my Daredevil to either one, does that mean that neither of those is worth having?

Yes it is absolutely not worth having engineer in your group in current meta unless it is holosmith. However if you want to do fractals for 4 hours then ye sure go for taht engi, also take auramancer healer and fb+renegade to substitute mesmer

> > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > >

> > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > >

> > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > >

> > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > >

> > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> >

> > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

>

> But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

Yes, it does stack but for a mixed group PPD has almost no worth unless both DPS in the party/sub are full Condi (since spellbreaker became a thing and thermal vision was added it's much harder for PPD to work out). Then you're trading a 2k DPS loss on engi for a 3k DPS gain overall give or take, pretty forgettable. PPD is the weakest argument regarding group utility, it used to be much better because engi's damage was also much better. Just go ahead and get arcdps and start measuring how you really perform everywhere while doing group conten, should be self explanatory.

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > > > >

> > > > > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> > > >

> > > > But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

> > >

> > > But having ele is going to result in more damage than having engi.

> >

> > Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether condi engi works or not, just that you prefer ele. I prefer my Daredevil to either one, does that mean that neither of those is worth having?

>

> Yes it is absolutely not worth having engineer in your group in current meta unless it is holosmith. However if you want to do fractals for 4 hours then ye sure go for taht engi, also take auramancer healer and fb+renegade to substitute mesmer

So what you're saying here is that you can complete T4 fractals no matter what classes are in your group.

> > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > > > > >

> > > > > > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> > > > >

> > > > > But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

> > > >

> > > > But having ele is going to result in more damage than having engi.

> > >

> > > Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether condi engi works or not, just that you prefer ele. I prefer my Daredevil to either one, does that mean that neither of those is worth having?

> >

> > Yes it is absolutely not worth having engineer in your group in current meta unless it is holosmith. However if you want to do fractals for 4 hours then ye sure go for taht engi, also take auramancer healer and fb+renegade to substitute mesmer

>

> So what you're saying here is that you can complete T4 fractals no matter what classes are in your group.

Yes.

> @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > > >

> > > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > > >

> > > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > > >

> > > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > >

> > > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> >

> > But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

>

> Yes, it does stack but for a mixed group PPD has almost no worth unless both DPS in the party/sub are full Condi (since spellbreaker became a thing and thermal vision was added it's much harder for PPD to work out). Then you're trading a 2k DPS loss on engi for a 3k DPS gain overall give or take, pretty forgettable. PPD is the weakest argument regarding group utility, it used to be much better because engi's damage was also much better. Just go ahead and get arcdps and start measuring how you really perform everywhere while doing group conten, should be self explanatory.

I'll be playing around with a lot of stuff as I go, I've been doing the same on my ranger, and I'm still floating around what I'm going to use as a swap on my DD and my Deadeye. What I'm not doing is dismissing a class's value based on "but this class does more dps", if I can see any redeeming qualities in it. In swtor, for example, they nerfed dps versions of shadow and assassin so bad that some builds absolutely couldn't meet the numbers in Nightmare raids, all in the name of PvP balance. The sorc's bubble used to put a HoT(Heal over time) on whoever you put it on, but again, PvP. "but if you bubble a tank, I can't kill it" was the main battle cry for that nerf, I guess PvP being a team "sport" never occurred to them. This is based on me being out of swtor for about a year at this point, not sure, and don't really care any more, if they've since adjusted the nerfs. I'm not seeing that kind of nerf on condi engi, but, I also didn't play it before it was nerfed, I wasn't around.

While I did lament the nerfs to assassin/shadow in swtor, it's because they literally knocked them out of being able to dps in Nightmare level content, which is endgame. For me, that was 4 toons that I couldn't play, despite being capped, and having appropriate gear, based entirely on rage timers on bosses that would make a raid where you couldn't finish it at all. According to what I'm reading from the biggest naysayers, that's not the case here, it might take a little longer.

> @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > @"Lunateric.3708" said:

> > > > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"robertthebard.8150" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ashen.2907" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"obcan.1470" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > So they are the ones who keep the lights on for gw2?

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > You should thank them.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > And, if you cannot play your engineer in content above tier 1 fractals it doesnt say anything about the character, just the player.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Why should I thank them for making this game kitten? And no you cannot play engineer on fractals tier 4, because as soon as the fight starts you are gona get kicked for dps 2x lower than ele.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You are mistaken. People do play engineer in t4s.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Holosmiths? I havent seen condi engi since I stopped playing condi engi

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Are you running in every group, in every dungeon that runs 24/7, including the ones that are running while you're in another one? Of course not, right? Meaning that what you see isn't conclusive evidence to state that nobody is doing it. How many of the groups that you're in are static? How many pugs do you run in a given day? In a given week? Because if you're running in a static group, this post is completely meaningless.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I am not running in static group, I was running CMs + T4s for period long enough to gather 189 100 CM killproofs, before I stopped playing guildwars for several months, I was running 8 dungeon paths daily. During the whole period of only and ONLY random groups I have not encountered SINGLE CONDI ENGINEER. NOT A SINGLE ONE. I have seen more pistol pisol dead eyes than engineers at all. I do not understand what is your problem? Are you actually running that build and are you in denial or you just want to be dickhead to people who actually enjoy the build and arent allowed to play it in end game? What is your purpose here?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > To learn. To play the game the way I'm enjoying it. If that means I'm a dickhead, I can surely put on the hat, but I kinda like being able to post here, unlike other forums where I've been banned for melting snowflakes that love to hurl insults at anyone that disagrees with them. That is, after all, their last, best resort, "Report Post" because he was mean to me, after I spent three pages cussing him out.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Things I have observed: Due to the build I currently run, the entire group's condi damage is higher. I'm not sure on the exact percentage, but instead of buffing my own condi damage by 5%, I opted to buff, passively, the entire group's condi damage. If the buff is only 3% per player, that's a 12% increase in condi damage. 12 > 5. That's just the observable effect of one aspect of the build. I'll note you attempted to ridicule me earlier in the thread, and then have the audacity to call me a dickhead, #definitionofirony, for running turrets. However, despite someone earlier pointing out that they don't scale well, they still add dps, or, even better, damage mitigation through heals, which also helps the entire group. What's even richer is that I can drop a flamethrower here, move over there, and it keeps throwing flames, so this "lack of mobility" position really seems to fall a bit short, doesn't it? So I guess what my problem is, in a nutshell, is being told "I don't care what you're doing, you can't do it".

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > PPD doesn't hold a candle to warrior for example (255 condi damage and 255 power on a single banner), plus Empower Allies, mind you, banners have a 10 target cap.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But all of that will stack, yes? The more damage the better, generally speaking.

> > > > >

> > > > > But having ele is going to result in more damage than having engi.

> > > >

> > > > Which has absolutely nothing to do with whether condi engi works or not, just that you prefer ele. I prefer my Daredevil to either one, does that mean that neither of those is worth having?

> > >

> > > Yes it is absolutely not worth having engineer in your group in current meta unless it is holosmith. However if you want to do fractals for 4 hours then ye sure go for taht engi, also take auramancer healer and fb+renegade to substitute mesmer

> >

> > So what you're saying here is that you can complete T4 fractals no matter what classes are in your group.

>

> Yes.

Thanks.