The Sigil You Have to Have If Playing SB in WvW

TheNatural.2846

Hey All,

There are a lot of SB builds out there posted by great warriors, but I'm not sure if everyone has taken notice of the new sigil in WvW yet. To really maximize your SB I thought I would let you in on the new gear.

The "Heroics Notary" Vendor in WvW is selling new Path of Fire gear for 20 silver and 75 Testimony of Heroics. Under the Path of Fire Tab, there is a sigil called Superior Sigil of Severance: Upon interrupting an enemy, gain up to 250 precision and ferocity for 4 seconds, depending on level. (Cooldown: 1 second).

After testing the sigil, it is outstanding. I know when dueling/ and zerging (if roaming take out hammer unless with a group comp) I tend to run dagger/shield and hammer, and I did so with great success, but without higher crit chances and ferocity the dagger can be really lackluster in comparison with axe.

Just in case you're wondering what I am running here goes, but more importantly, get one of those sigils. If you want to take more damage for your own taste, maybe swap defense for another line, and take pure strike instead guard counter, but I find that 3 secs of protection per counter is really nice.

[gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeSnMdANegt6CehAciglqAD/DPiXxIFgGQAQpHE7yBA-jlCFQBsb/hLqEUd6DKk6PKRpBAOBA77IAgElYKUZA/eAABAQAc0je0je0j21Bw4+mUAjOGA-w](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeSnMdANegt6CehAciglqAD/DPiXxIFgGQAQpHE7yBA-jlCFQBsb/hLqEUd6DKk6PKRpBAOBA77IAgElYKUZA/eAABAQAc0je0je0j21Bw4+mUAjOGA-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQNAoeSnMdANegt6CehAciglqAD/DPiXxIFgGQAQpHE7yBA-jlCFQBsb/hLqEUd6DKk6PKRpBAOBA77IAgElYKUZA/eAABAQAc0je0je0j21Bw4+mUAjOGA-w")

> After testing the sigil, it is outstanding. I know when dueling/ and zerging (if roaming take out hammer unless with a group comp) I tend to run dagger/shield and hammer, and I did so with great success, but without higher crit chances and ferocity the dagger can be really lackluster in comparison with axe.

So are you suggesting replacing Sigil of Air with Severance on the dagger/shield? Interesting idea. Definitely going to give it a try.

As far as blobs are concerned, doubt anything will replace the Absorption + Draining combo for me. There is also the option to run Absorption or Draining+Ruthlessness with Phalanx Strength for the constant might upkeep for your party. But I'll still try it out, however. Could imagine how good these stat increases might be in small fights or even solo roaming situations where your personal damage is much more important.

A lot of this comes down to personal preference in any case. The good part about spellbreaker is the synergy between weapons and traits, sigils and runes. A lot of choices and different weapons you can run effectively. The combination of constant interrupts and the ability to remove boons including stability makes all of these sigils work very effectively for the spellbreaker.