Warrior/Spellbreaker is just weak.

Kuulpb.5412

> @"Junkpile.7439" said:

> I don't see why tank should have high dps.

Not at all a tank man. The spellbreaker is like a thief, he has to get in and 1v1 someone and then run away or get stomped.

I think spellbreaker is in a good balanced spot right now.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> I have done some tests. here's the results.

> Berserker + Scholar runes. - These are all the critical hits.

> Auto attacks

>

> Spellbreaker Dagger in berserker with 0 might stacks - 1521 - 1582 - 2063

> Spellbreaker Dagger in berserker with 11 might stacks - 1854 - 1874 - 2451

> Spellbreaker Axe - 2555power, 236.6% crit dmg 0 might - 1940 - 2104(x2) - 2213(x2) - 4723

What did you hit ? A full bunker FB ?

Would be interesting to know on which class you made your tests.

> @"Theros.1390" said:

> > @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> > I have done some tests. here's the results.

> > Berserker + Scholar runes. - These are all the critical hits.

> > Auto attacks

> >

> > Spellbreaker Dagger in berserker with 0 might stacks - 1521 - 1582 - 2063

> > Spellbreaker Dagger in berserker with 11 might stacks - 1854 - 1874 - 2451

> > Spellbreaker Axe - 2555power, 236.6% crit dmg 0 might - 1940 - 2104(x2) - 2213(x2) - 4723

>

> What did you hit ? A full bunker FB ?

>

> Would be interesting to know on which class you made your tests.

I'm guessing PvP or Raid golems.

• 2 weeks later...

> @"Zenith.7301" said:

> > @Sobx.1758 said:

> > > @Oglaf.1074 said:

> > > > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > > Well Spellbreaker seems to be an spvp/ wvw spec - I faced a spellbreaker in WvW. I could kill him... with the help of 3 other players...and we still needed 5 minutes.

> > > >

> > > > Full Counter is one of the strongest skills ever made. It literally absorbs damage - > counters unblockable attacks

> > >

> > > Which is totally irrelevant to the discussion of Dagger DPS being teh suck.

> >

> > kitten are you smoking, it totally is relevant. Since the very moment we got to know Spellbreaker's skillset, you should be able to easly tell that it's predominantly a pvp class. As such, you have to look at the whole class to judge it's viability and in fact it IS a strong spec. The fact that you choose a pretty much strictly pvp class, then disregard anything it can do and just look at its raw blunt press-1-DPS is laughable and in itself makes this whole thread a joke.

>

> It is a PvP class because the PvE aspects are undertuned. PvP doesn't get to have its exclusive specs while pvp gets both zerker and spellbreaker for their format.

Berserkers are not a thing in PvP. Completely nonviable.

very old thread the ops data is probably way out of date

i just finished the whole story on my sb and it was pretty good

i went A/D in zerk and everything i touched melted

range is an issue, the rifle is hilariously pointless and the longbows not much better

but overall it was a fair tradeoff considering the insane melee damage it put out

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> The OP's thread was out of date the day he made it. SB was never weak. Warrior is just not a powerful ranged class in this game ... and that's OK.

O...out of date? D:, But I seem to get annoyed by things literally no-one else is, I have Sort of moved on from Warrior to Revenant because of the new staff + outfit, My gw1 nostalgia caused me to and I must now.... ANYWAY - I still personally feel on the DAMAGE side, Spellbreaker is weak, On the Defensive side though.. it's so strong. And I agree, They aren't really known for ranged damage.

I CAN'T GET THE SPOILER BAR TO WORK:

Not sure WHY i get annoyed, but for example -Spoiler:

>! revenants can channel living people, idk when this got added but yeah :D, They can channel Palawa Joko who is NOT in the underworld, or the mists, he is busy being mean to Taimi,

> @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > The OP's thread was out of date the day he made it. SB was never weak. Warrior is just not a powerful ranged class in this game ... and that's OK.

>

> O...out of date? D:, But I seem to get annoyed by things literally no-one else is, I have Sort of moved on from Warrior to Revenant because of the new staff + outfit, My gw1 nostalgia caused me to and I must now.... ANYWAY - I still personally feel on the DAMAGE side, Spellbreaker is weak, On the Defensive side though.. it's so strong. And I agree, They aren't really known for ranged damage.

>

>

> I CAN'T GET THE SPOILER BAR TO WORK:

>

> Not sure WHY i get annoyed, but for example -Spoiler:

> >! revenants can channel living people, idk when this got added but yeah :D, They can channel Palawa Joko who is NOT in the underworld, or the mists, he is busy being mean to Taimi,

Considering that perhaps there are other awesome damage specs for Warrior AND the strong defensive side, there isn't anything unreasonable about the Spellbreaker design and performance, even when you made this thread.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > The OP's thread was out of date the day he made it. SB was never weak. Warrior is just not a powerful ranged class in this game ... and that's OK.

> >

> > O...out of date? D:, But I seem to get annoyed by things literally no-one else is, I have Sort of moved on from Warrior to Revenant because of the new staff + outfit, My gw1 nostalgia caused me to and I must now.... ANYWAY - I still personally feel on the DAMAGE side, Spellbreaker is weak, On the Defensive side though.. it's so strong. And I agree, They aren't really known for ranged damage.

> >

> >

> > I CAN'T GET THE SPOILER BAR TO WORK:

> >

> > Not sure WHY i get annoyed, but for example -Spoiler:

> > >! revenants can channel living people, idk when this got added but yeah :D, They can channel Palawa Joko who is NOT in the underworld, or the mists, he is busy being mean to Taimi,

>

> Considering that perhaps there are other awesome damage specs for Warrior AND the strong defensive side, there isn't anything unreasonable about the Spellbreaker design and performance, even when you made this thread.

i suppose, but I was comparing things like. Warrior Dagger and Rifle are very weak, with dagger beind spellbreaker exclusive, while thief dagger and rifle are very strong, yes I get that thieves are squishy but as a master of arms, a warrior should be doing good damage with all weapons, not just axes and greatswords ( not including conditions in this as the idea of brute force isn't bleed to death but smash faces) That was, if I remember, the main idea of this thread, how warriors did like 60% of thief damage, while at a closer range, and can't apply vuln.

> @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Kuulpb.5412" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > The OP's thread was out of date the day he made it. SB was never weak. Warrior is just not a powerful ranged class in this game ... and that's OK.

> > >

> > > O...out of date? D:, But I seem to get annoyed by things literally no-one else is, I have Sort of moved on from Warrior to Revenant because of the new staff + outfit, My gw1 nostalgia caused me to and I must now.... ANYWAY - I still personally feel on the DAMAGE side, Spellbreaker is weak, On the Defensive side though.. it's so strong. And I agree, They aren't really known for ranged damage.

> > >

> > >

> > > I CAN'T GET THE SPOILER BAR TO WORK:

> > >

> > > Not sure WHY i get annoyed, but for example -Spoiler:

> > > >! revenants can channel living people, idk when this got added but yeah :D, They can channel Palawa Joko who is NOT in the underworld, or the mists, he is busy being mean to Taimi,

> >

> > Considering that perhaps there are other awesome damage specs for Warrior AND the strong defensive side, there isn't anything unreasonable about the Spellbreaker design and performance, even when you made this thread.

>

> i suppose, but I was comparing things like. Warrior Dagger and Rifle are very weak, with dagger beind spellbreaker exclusive, while thief dagger and rifle are very strong, yes I get that thieves are squishy but as a master of arms, a warrior should be doing good damage with all weapons, not just axes and greatswords ( not including conditions in this as the idea of brute force isn't bleed to death but smash faces) That was, if I remember, the main idea of this thread, how warriors did like 60% of thief damage, while at a closer range, and can't apply vuln.

I know what you were comparing ... except it doesn't make sense to do that because Thief isn't Warrior. Comparisons between classes aren't relevant because classes have different concepts.

> @"Uncle Dalty.8327" said:

> Is this a joke?.....

Yes, this thread was a bad joke. It's always easy for someone to get the answer they want to get to justify their feelings if they make incorrect correlations.