Trading un-used Gemstore items for Black Lion Statuettes.

Many of the items on the OP's list are obtained for free, via daily login rewards. I've got a bunch of them, and haven't bought any.

The Statuettes allow ANet to sidestep accusations of "gambling" by offering a non-RNG method to obtain some of the items found in BL Chests. If legislation were ever enacted to prohibit in-game chests with random rewards, all ANet would have to do is make sure there is a Statuette cost for everything that can drop (they might not even have to go that far). At that point, all the RNG does is provide a means to _maybe_ get the item sooner, while preserving the entertainment value of the RNG aspect of chests and leaving revenue unaffected.

Statuettes were put in to offer that non-random option to get BL Chest items, so that ANet can continue to derive revenue by selling them. Allowing free items to be exchanged for those revenue-insurance items does not seem to be a good deal for ANet -- though I can see it would be a good deal for some players.

Don't hold your breath.

This is a great idea! Statuettes would be awesome (even if it were just a 1 for 1 exchange), but I'd even be happy with being able to sell, or Mystic Forge, some of this stuff. I've got a bunch of Hair Style and Makeover kits that I'm never going to use, but I can't bear to destroy them; give me a chance to gamble with them in the Forge, sell them to a vendor, or trade them, and I'd open more chests than I do. Heck, I'd love to be able to just salvage a lot of the account/soulbound things I've got hanging around in storage.

The main reason chests exist is to give you a few "good" things and many useless things. It's virtual gambling. If you could trade the useless things, even in big numbers, for the stuff that you actually want, this will result in some financial losses for Anet. If you can more easily access the actually desirable items, why buy keys with real money?

Good idea for the players to get more stuff, horrible idea if you want to make business. Not gonna happen.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I fully support OPs suggestion!

>

> I do fear Illconcieved is right, but I can see a middle ground. Let's make it so that a BLC drop can never completely invalidate a later drop - let us trade in those items that have a permanent version:

> * Hair-kit

> * Bank

> * Merchant

> * TP

> * Upgrade Extractor

>

> Just a single statuette each would be awesome!

I fully support this idea!

Make it happen please :)