Macro not for cheat!

Hi there! ( PLs move the thread to the right section if it is not related here. Thanks! )

So as far as we know, macros are allowed if one macro triggers **only one **skill or action, and **not** multiple ones.

I've came up with an idea, that if i press the button to summon the mount, how cool it could be that my character shouts out loud: " Kuchiyose No Jutsu" Since i really like anime and Naruto and since we just summon the mount, it could be a badass thing.

Questiion is: Can i somehow set it to happen? If yes, can someone explain it to me? Is it allowed to use, or i should forget it?

Thanks for the help!

Pufferzsola.

This is like a forum trap. That said, here is a handy sticky from Gaile if you hadn't seen it:

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/352/policy-third-party-programs-multi-boxing-macros

There is a section that is on macros in it, won't say more since its opinion based and doesn't add to the value of Gaile's post and appreciate her time in creating and stickying it. But I would avoid asking people on any how bits since that could cross a forum use line. Hope that it helps. Good gaming!

You could, of course, create such a macro using any of the software that comes with most of the fancier mice on the market, especially gaming mice. Your macro would be in technical violation of the "one action per key press" policy, which means it could be a reason (or among many reasons) that your account might be "actioned" (i.e. punished).

On the other hand, it's clear that ANet is never going to around looking for people who bound a text chat to a macro. It's simply too time consuming, given the more critical issue of people using them to cheat or otherwise exploit the game. Still, don't expect ANet to ever say that. It's like expecting the Police Department to officially tell us that they won't give out a ticket to pedestrians crossing in the middle of the street — they can pretend not to notice a violation, but don't ask them to tell you it's okay.

> @"TheGrimm.5624" said:

> This is like a forum trap. That said, here is a handy sticky from Gaile if you hadn't seen it:

>

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/352/policy-third-party-programs-multi-boxing-macros

>

> There is a section that is on macros in it, won't say more since its opinion based and doesn't add to the value of Gaile's post and appreciate her time in creating and stickying it. But I would avoid asking people on any how bits since that could cross a forum use line. Hope that it helps. Good gaming!

Oh i see. Thanks! Then i'll paste it in the chat if i'm having fun, so i'll not get punished or something. Thanks!

Hard to give an answer, since instrumental macros are allowed, a mount button with a phrase could have no conseguences...

If you want to be sure just wait for a mod answer, or else you can probably go ahead with that ( spvp/wvw/pve macro users are not banned because it's hard, for anet staff, to prove that they use macros, so a mount + phrase could be probably fine because is definitely harder to notice ).

> @"Pufferzsola.3470" said:

> Hi there! ( PLs move the thread to the right section if it is not related here. Thanks! )

>

> So as far as we know, macros are allowed if one macro triggers **only one **skill or action, and **not** multiple ones.

>

> I've came up with an idea, that if i press the button to summon the mount, how cool it could be that my character shouts out loud: " Kuchiyose No Jutsu" Since i really like anime and Naruto and since we just summon the mount, it could be a kitten thing.

>

> Questiion is: Can i somehow set it to happen? If yes, can someone explain it to me? Is it allowed to use, or i should forget it?

>

> Thanks for the help!

>

> Pufferzsola.

dear my gaming buddy, i dont think anet will do anything to you for macroing words. if they do it would show a far amount of lack of common sense and stupidity on their part. after all its not giving you a advantage in the game.