Mystic Forge recipes for chef?

I am curious on how to obtain these. I have tried reading it on the wiki and such and I'm still not getting it. It gives me a list of ingredients on what I need to make the items, but then it says I can buy it on the auction house. So my question is. Do I have to buy the recipe first in order to make it? In that case how do I make it before I go to the forge, or do I toss the ingredients into the forge and then get the recipe for it? I'm just a little confused on it.

There are 3 types of craftable items as a Chef:

1. Those that automatically unlock as you level.

2. Those that are "discovered" in the crafting panel. This is done by selecting the ingredients (either by trial and error or using the Wiki) on the discovery panel. Once you craft the first one this way, you cannot craft more on the discovery panel but must go to the normal crafting page.

3. Those that have a recipe page. These are acquired either via the TP, random drops, or purchased from vendors.

Things that are "crafted" in the Mystic Forge do not require recipes or any level of a crafting skill, but instead you just put the items in the Mystic Forge and it gives you the result.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> There are 3 types of craftable items as a Chef:

>

> 1. Those that automatically unlock as you level.

> 2. Those that are "discovered" in the crafting panel. This is done by selecting the ingredients (either by trial and error or using the Wiki) on the discovery panel. Once you craft the first one this way, you cannot craft more on the discovery panel but must go to the normal crafting page.

> 3. Those that have a recipe page. These are acquired either via the TP, random drops, or purchased from vendors.

>

> Things that are "crafted" in the Mystic Forge do not require recipes or any level of a crafting skill, but instead you just put the items in the Mystic Forge and it gives you the result.

So, it's kind of like I already know them, I just have to go to the forge and make them when I want? If I want to though I can buy the sheet from the auction house. For example the ascalonian salad, I can either go to the forge and drop the ingredients into it to get the feast or I can buy the recipe for it from the auction house?

> @"Lilium.1509" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > There are 3 types of craftable items as a Chef:

> >

> > 1. Those that automatically unlock as you level.

> > 2. Those that are "discovered" in the crafting panel. This is done by selecting the ingredients (either by trial and error or using the Wiki) on the discovery panel. Once you craft the first one this way, you cannot craft more on the discovery panel but must go to the normal crafting page.

> > 3. Those that have a recipe page. These are acquired either via the TP, random drops, or purchased from vendors.

> >

> > Things that are "crafted" in the Mystic Forge do not require recipes or any level of a crafting skill, but instead you just put the items in the Mystic Forge and it gives you the result.

>

> So, it's kind of like I already know them, I just have to go to the forge and make them when I want? If I want to though I can buy the sheet from the auction house. For example the ascalonian salad, I can either go to the forge and drop the ingredients into it to get the feast or I can buy the recipe for it from the auction house?

The Bowl of Ascalonian Salad https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Ascalonian_Salad is a discovery recipe, so you have to go to the crafting panel and put the ingredients into the discover page to learn it, then you can make it at any Chef station.

The Feast of Ascalonian Salad https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feast_of_Ascalonian_Salad is a different item that is designed for many players to eat from and requires getting a recipe: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Feast_of_Ascalonian_Salad. In this case, the RECIPE is what is being crafted in the Mystic Forge, and only needs to be crafted there once (then you read it and can make it at a Chef station). You can also buy the recipe if you don't have the stuff to Forge it.

> @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > @"Lilium.1509" said:

> > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > There are 3 types of craftable items as a Chef:

> > >

> > > 1. Those that automatically unlock as you level.

> > > 2. Those that are "discovered" in the crafting panel. This is done by selecting the ingredients (either by trial and error or using the Wiki) on the discovery panel. Once you craft the first one this way, you cannot craft more on the discovery panel but must go to the normal crafting page.

> > > 3. Those that have a recipe page. These are acquired either via the TP, random drops, or purchased from vendors.

> > >

> > > Things that are "crafted" in the Mystic Forge do not require recipes or any level of a crafting skill, but instead you just put the items in the Mystic Forge and it gives you the result.

> >

> > So, it's kind of like I already know them, I just have to go to the forge and make them when I want? If I want to though I can buy the sheet from the auction house. For example the ascalonian salad, I can either go to the forge and drop the ingredients into it to get the feast or I can buy the recipe for it from the auction house?

>

> The Bowl of Ascalonian Salad https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Ascalonian_Salad is a discovery recipe, so you have to go to the crafting panel and put the ingredients into the discover page to learn it, then you can make it at any Chef station.

>

> The Feast of Ascalonian Salad https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feast_of_Ascalonian_Salad is a different item that is designed for many players to eat from and requires getting a recipe: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Feast_of_Ascalonian_Salad. In this case, the RECIPE is what is being crafted in the Mystic Forge, and only needs to be crafted there once (then you read it and can make it at a Chef station). You can also buy the recipe if you don't have the stuff to Forge it.

>

OKAY! I get it now! (I feel so dense lol) so like the coins, if I don't have those to add to the forge to make the feast recipe on my own, I can buy it, that's why it was offered to either make it or buy it lol ok I get it now, thanks a bunch!

> @"Lilium.1509" said:

> > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > @"Lilium.1509" said:

> > > > @"mtpelion.4562" said:

> > > > There are 3 types of craftable items as a Chef:

> > > >

> > > > 1. Those that automatically unlock as you level.

> > > > 2. Those that are "discovered" in the crafting panel. This is done by selecting the ingredients (either by trial and error or using the Wiki) on the discovery panel. Once you craft the first one this way, you cannot craft more on the discovery panel but must go to the normal crafting page.

> > > > 3. Those that have a recipe page. These are acquired either via the TP, random drops, or purchased from vendors.

> > > >

> > > > Things that are "crafted" in the Mystic Forge do not require recipes or any level of a crafting skill, but instead you just put the items in the Mystic Forge and it gives you the result.

> > >

> > > So, it's kind of like I already know them, I just have to go to the forge and make them when I want? If I want to though I can buy the sheet from the auction house. For example the ascalonian salad, I can either go to the forge and drop the ingredients into it to get the feast or I can buy the recipe for it from the auction house?

> >

> > The Bowl of Ascalonian Salad https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bowl_of_Ascalonian_Salad is a discovery recipe, so you have to go to the crafting panel and put the ingredients into the discover page to learn it, then you can make it at any Chef station.

> >

> > The Feast of Ascalonian Salad https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feast_of_Ascalonian_Salad is a different item that is designed for many players to eat from and requires getting a recipe: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Recipe:_Feast_of_Ascalonian_Salad. In this case, the RECIPE is what is being crafted in the Mystic Forge, and only needs to be crafted there once (then you read it and can make it at a Chef station). You can also buy the recipe if you don't have the stuff to Forge it.

> >

>

> OKAY! I get it now! (I feel so dense lol) so like the coins, if I don't have those to add to the forge to make the feast recipe on my own, I can buy it, that's why it was offered to either make it or buy it lol ok I get it now, thanks a bunch!

Exactly. You can either buy enough coins to make it yourself, or just buy the recipe from someone else who made it and didn't want it. You may want to do the math on both options to see which is cheaper.