Question about plague signet spvp

alez.2137

Exception is when the necro runs the signet grandmaster trait and is in shroud, as this trait applies the signet bonuses in shroud even when the signets are on cooldown. So plague signet will be visible and pull two conditions when you use that trait and switch to shroud even if it is on cooldown.

Pretty dumb and the main reason why this trait is trash for plague signet users. You can't get rid of the condi pull even if you set it on cooldown.

Thx for the responses, my main concern came from the fact that a really op necro downed me very fast, like almost bursting 25khp in few seconds, and that necro was intermitently showing plague signet so for a moment I suspected about some kind of cheating but your responses makes me see clear that he probably wasn't.

Now I would like to known which build was he using, because he was using vampiric presence while delivering a really high dps. I guess there is some new good build out there, however this is not documented on metabattle.

> @"alez.2137" said:

> Thx for the responses, my main concern came from the fact that a really op necro downed me very fast, like almost bursting 25khp in few seconds, and that necro was intermitently showing plague signet so for a moment I suspected about some kind of cheating but your responses makes me see clear that he probably wasn't.

>

> Now I would like to known which build was he using, because he was using vampiric presence while delivering a really high dps. I guess there is some new good build out there, however this is not documented on metabattle.

A few different possibilities, but maybe a Power Reaper? If you facetank their burst, they could do that. So can Blood Scourge.

Without a bit more information, I couldn't say.

> @"Drarnor Kunoram.5180" said:

> > @"alez.2137" said:

> > Thx for the responses, my main concern came from the fact that a really op necro downed me very fast, like almost bursting 25khp in few seconds, and that necro was intermitently showing plague signet so for a moment I suspected about some kind of cheating but your responses makes me see clear that he probably wasn't.

> >

> > Now I would like to known which build was he using, because he was using vampiric presence while delivering a really high dps. I guess there is some new good build out there, however this is not documented on metabattle.

>

> A few different possibilities, but maybe a Power Reaper? If you facetank their burst, they could do that. So can Blood Scourge.

>

> Without a bit more information, I couldn't say.

No it was scourge for sure, shades were up, and also vampiric presence. It was some kind of blood build but with really high burst and probably the same life regen of blood sage. Sadly I dont remember the weapons he was using, I remember staff, but dont remember the others. If I find him agaim will try to 1v1 and see from which spells does the high dmg come from.

If it was a power scourge it wasn't that strong in 1v1 or smallscale. That spec only shines in the zerg backline in wvw (staff marks, wells, shades = ranged huge aoe damage and debuff).

In addition his stat choices in PvP are limited. If he was bursty he must have used a glass amulet.

Power Scourge's only burst options are the axe2 channel and placing well of suffering and pressing F2-4 at once - probably equipped with chronomancer rune (quickness) as this is typical for blood magic + wells builds. If that aoe burst misses (one dodge is enough to get out of the well and shade), the build is a freekill for everyone.

I tried power scourge in the PoF beta in non-zerg environments as I main necro and don't play condi builds. Power scourge was much stronger than today but even these days it was much weaker than power reaper. It is simply too telegraphed (= easy to counter if you know the mechanic) for its squishiness.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> If it was a power scourge it wasn't that strong in 1v1 or smallscale. That spec only shines in the zerg backline in wvw (staff marks, wells, shades = ranged huge aoe damage and debuff).

>

> In addition his stat choices in PvP are limited. If he was bursty he must have used a glass amulet.

>

> Power Scourge's only burst options are the axe2 channel and placing well of suffering and pressing F2-4 at once - probably equipped with chronomancer rune (quickness) as this is typical for blood magic + wells builds. If that aoe burst misses (one dodge is enough to get out of the well and shade), the build is a freekill for everyone.

>

> I tried power scourge in the PoF beta in non-zerg environments as I main necro and don't play condi builds. Power scourge was much stronger than today but even these days it was much weaker than power reaper. It is simply too telegraphed (= easy to counter if you know the mechanic) for its squishiness.

>

Thats not true. I killed a lot of people, roaming alone.

Because noone expects necro to do up to 24k from axe 2. In a little bit more than 1 second.

So most of the people do not dodge.

Yes it is easy to kill. Necro in general is pretty easy to kill.

It really needs a lot of work and im seriously hooing for that rework...

Guess that wont come :(