Swirly Aura.

andy.7813

You got rid of that cloud fart aura , thank you. Now please remove that leaf swirly thing,It is not needed for anything. During fight animations it just add extra blinding blurr. On top of that it does lag behind avatar during fast movement animations . It is also distracting to look at. No other spec uses this kind of animation why ranger needs it ?

With holosmith armor animations they made it right, with soulbeast they went with cheap unnecessary visuals. Why do we need this, I know when i am in beast mode. Red glow around the eyes or gloves would be plenty, and less noxious to look at. Please remove it or give us option to turn it off.

I don't mind it at all but I guess if we're going to nitpick it would make more sense to give the Soulbeast an aura in the shape of the animal type he or she is melding with. It would look pretty cool and it would also help communicate information to team members and enemies in PVP/WvW.

> @Adenin.5973 said:

> Because when they get rid of that aura players might realize that they're playing a petless core ranger, the aura reminds us that we're experiencing a brand new elite specialization that completely alters the way we play our class.

Dont you think that new skills and class mechanics not "leaf swirl animation " should be be the marker of playing new spec. People wanted petless ranger for yrs ,and I dont need an ugly reminder that i am in beast mode now. On top of that green leafs fits more the druid theme not soulbeast imo. My point is that first that fart cloud and now leaf swirl, it is simply poorly made animation,and would be nice to have an option to turn it off if i chose to.

> @andy.7813 said:

> > @Adenin.5973 said:

> > Because when they get rid of that aura players might realize that they're playing a petless core ranger, the aura reminds us that we're experiencing a brand new elite specialization that completely alters the way we play our class.

>

> Dont you think that new skills and class mechanics not "leaf swirl animation " should be be the marker of playing new spec. People wanted petless ranger for yrs ,and I dont need an ugly reminder that i am in beast mode now. On top of that green leafs fits more the druid theme not soulbeast imo. My point is that first that fart cloud and now leaf swirl, it is simply poorly made animation,and would be nice to have an option to turn it off if i chose to.

I made a sarcastic comment, because we really don't have a new class mechanic, just 2-3 extra skills that are not easily accessible and the new skills "stances" are ridiculous useless in PvE, so nothing to see there either and pls don't get me started on the new traits.

That said, we both know that we won't get any option whatsoever to turn off that one specific aura. Either they get rid of it and many people will be angry or the aura stays and many people will still be angry. If I were a dev there and would look at this objectively, I would not waste time on something that makes people angry no matter what I do.

Also, right now it isn't a good idea to stay in BM for longer than 3-4 sec in a fight. With all the effects in the game during a fight where you don't even focus on your character model I don't get why this is such a massive thing. And when you're not fighting there's no need to be in BM. Also, since PoF, whenever you're out of fight you're on your mount and your pet is gone anyways. And when you get on your mount you get kicked out of BM and when you dismount you're still not in BM. So again the only time you have to be in BM is during a fight and there only for a few moments. How closely do you look at your own character model during a fight?

_Edit: Also, SB is not a petless ranger. Never before we relied so heavily on our pet. We need to be smart to equip the right pets, we need to watch all the pet timers, we need to watch when our pet has used its few useful skills and then go into BM and spam those same beast skills again to get the most out of these skills, just to swap back again to use our other pet, waiting for BM to cd.

As core ranger you just swapped pet, now you swap pet and swap BM, that's how you get the most out of this spec, that's SB in a nutshell._

I still hate it because its poorly done and lags behind my avatar while I am moving. Also as you pointed with all the combat effects we don't need another one. Since when do we have to play how Anet tells us to? If i want to camp in beast mode i don't want to vomit at the same time looking at "minecraft grade" armor animations. :) With hlosmith they somehow manage to code in nice looking armor animations. With ranger they went with usual crap solution.

> @Adenin.5973 said:

> > @andy.7813 said:

> > > @Adenin.5973 said:

> ...That said, we both know that we won't get any option whatsoever to turn off that one specific aura. Either they get rid of it and many people will be angry or the aura stays and many people will still be angry. If I were a dev there and would look at this objectively, I would not waste time on something that makes people angry no matter what I do.

I don't get why, there is really zero requirement for this aura at all. They could *easily* implement a check box in the pet menu that when you meld with your pet, before the aura is "switched on" after pressing F5, it checks the check box and if it is checked, it doesn't turn on the Aura, it's not hard. If you spent an extra 2 hours you could probably put a slider bar there, then create a timer that operates from the slider, 100% is permanent, 0% being switched off, then you can adjust the slider to make the Aura last as long as you desire. Either of these systems could be client-side only if required.

If you had either of these in place, there are at least options and those options do not affect others gameplay. Therefore, it has no reason to make people angry and only can be a benefit to the class. I'm seriously not liking the aura and it will likely reduce the amount that I actually play Soulbeast because I just loathe auras. Which really sucks because it has the potential to be a lot of fun, I just don't want to have to put a post-it note over my screen where my character is.

> @andy.7813 said:

> > @Adenin.5973 said:

> > Because when they get rid of that aura players might realize that they're playing a petless core ranger, the aura reminds us that we're experiencing a brand new elite specialization that completely alters the way we play our class.

>

> Dont you think that new skills and class mechanics not "leaf swirl animation " should be be the marker of playing new spec. People wanted petless ranger for yrs ,and I dont need an ugly reminder that i am in beast mode now. On top of that green leafs fits more the druid theme not soulbeast imo. My point is that first that fart cloud and now leaf swirl, it is simply poorly made animation,and would be nice to have an option to turn it off if i chose to.

Rangers are a nature class, and nature has always been associated with green colors.

If you bother to use dagger or beast skills while merged youll notice that outside the green swirl soulbeast has ZERO unique animations. While warrior daggers got very pretty effects and animations, ranger dagger got nothing and the beast skill bite is just a palm strike.