Feedback on the State of the Mesmer [merged]

Here's a few thoughts:

1) Illusions and phantasms should not act as meat shields... projectiles should pierce through all illusions... after all they are only 'illusions'

2) EM.... personally don't really see an issue with it but remove the ability to attack during the dodge if a stun was broken.... probably keep the exhaustion too. This would at least prevent scrubs from getting burst down when they thought they had a change to put pressure on the mes.

3) Illusionary Wall.... Not sure what to do about the wall of illusions which chronos can produce, which I see as the only real problem with mes atm. Piercing hits might help ranged players deal with them but as far as the screen clutter and melee players... idk

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Uncle Dalty.8327" said:

> Here's a few thoughts:

> 1) Illusions and phantasms should not act as meat shields... projectiles should pierce through all illusions... after all they are only 'illusions'

Phantasms are illusions. Same with clones. Illusions = phantasms + clones. And ofc they should be able to shield projectiles, that is just logic, they are ez to kill, can't be too hard to not use your biggest burst projectil skill before you cleaved the illusions standing in front of the mesmer.

A phantasm spam mirage causes already enough of clutter that is why i say a limit of 3 phantasm + 3 clones will not rly help and the phantasm rule just need to get reverted in most parts (except that phantasm still turn into clones after one attack). A chrono is just even better in producing even more clutter than a mirage already can.

> @"bravan.3876" said:

> I don't answer to @"Turk.5460" and @"Odik.4587" anymore because it makes no sense at all.

Newsflash: This confirms that you read the posts, but are too prideful to actually stick to your promise of "ignoring" people you don't agree with - which would be a solid tactic of a closed mind, if you actually did what you said you were going to.

> @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> >

> > In fact you will be able to chose.

> >

> > You will have

> >

> > * Ambush.

> > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> >

> > This is balanced.

> > Because we have a counter.

> >

> > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> >

> > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

>

> Or, now this is just a suggestion, be patient and bait the ambush then attack, y'know use some tactics. Also, warriors shield stance isn't an invuln, it's just a block. And you're neglecting to remember that Mirage Cloak can't just be performed infinitely, Ambushes are essentially ammo skills with a 10 second recharge.

I am glad to see that you recognize mirage cloak is overpower, even if you try to troll with stuff like

* It's not infinite ( permavigor = 1 invul every 5 sec )

* Just bait/wait ( LOL, uncommentable ). "Eh... you just have to learn how to deal with it... ez..."

* Also you can trade with also Blurred frenzy ( 2.5 sec evade every 12 sec ) and 4 sec invul every 50 sec.

Stop trolling please.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

>

> In fact you will be able to chose.

>

> You will have

>

> * Ambush.

> * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

>

> This is balanced.

> Because we have a counter.

>

> Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

>

> And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

God bless Anet to never listen you ever , mesmer forum would start riot against anet and burn their office if they do xd

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> >

> > In fact you will be able to chose.

> >

> > You will have

> >

> > * Ambush.

> > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> >

> > This is balanced.

> > Because we have a counter.

> >

> > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> >

> > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

>

> God bless Anet to never listen you ever , mesmer forum would start riot against anet and burn their office if they do xd

Explain instead of flaming.

My modifies are legit and will bring the class balanced like others.

Currently you are not

* Negating the fact that mesmer is the only class which can attack while dodging

* Suggesting a fix for the current situation

I'd say 10/10.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > @"Odik.4587" said:

> > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> > >

> > > In fact you will be able to chose.

> > >

> > > You will have

> > >

> > > * Ambush.

> > > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> > >

> > > This is balanced.

> > > Because we have a counter.

> > >

> > > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> > >

> > > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

> >

> > God bless Anet to never listen you ever , mesmer forum would start riot against anet and burn their office if they do xd

>

> Explain instead of flaming.

> My modifies are legit and will bring the class balanced like others.

Except its not ? I lol'd at 1/2 frenzy ,very balanced, very legit !They are 'legit and bring class' only in your vision and bring mirage to a 'never been played' state (renegade) . What i should explain even ? 'mesmer faceroll because mirage cloak' ,there is nothing to argue about with you tbh...

You may consider that as trolling and whatever ,but thats something they will never do .

Man i see a cure in your post, we should remove evade from attack skills to make game more 'skillful' . Pistol whip ,s/d evades, sb 3, ranger staff 3,sword dagger,gs , entire weaver specialization,warrior gs3, bullcharge , revenant abilities and so on . I'm all for it and i'm with you bro. Lets make it happen together ? ;)

Then my explanation is : LOL, uncommentable ! Its ridiculous that need no explanation ..

What do you know even ? What 5s invul ? Where do i get it? Where do i get perma vigor if im not running chaos and spamming all shatters off CD with it ? Why would you think distortion gives 4s by default ?

How do you play thief and cant kill a mirage or any other mesmer spec ? Thats confuses me the most, you are silver or something ? You dont like my proposal about making game more skillful by removing evade from skills ? How no ? Because thief affected the most? And im not bothered only by PW, remove them all

On the subject of putting evades where you like - look at Axe 2.

This skill is a liability in melee range unless you burn a dodge to cover cast it.

But that is interesting design - makes the player decide where to spend their evade resources and gives mote scope for creativity.

If the duration of mirage cloak and overall evade uptime is too high then sure vigour and mirror access can be adjusted. But having the choice of where to put evade frames and spend endurance is interesting gameplay.

Remember in pof beta with 0.75s duration it was just plain bad - no matter about being able to cover cast anything. So I don't believe that aspect of it is a big problem as is being made out.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> So you don't negate the problem, you don't present a solution, and you don't provvide any help at all.

> I leave you continue defending the dodge mechanic since I am done if there's no discussion.

> Continue also to complain about PW, a skill nobody does care.

PW what PW?

>And im not bothered only by PW, remove them all

What problem ? I dont have problem with mirage evade , because it has only 2 evades as any other classes (if not count daredevil) with means to restore it as thief does. (plus exhaustion).

While you have problem with connecting your claims with facts :)

> @"Curunen.8729" said:

> If the duration of mirage cloak and overall evade uptime is too high then sure vigour and mirror access can be adjusted. But having the choice of where to put evade frames and spend endurance is interesting gameplay.

Mes evasion is too high fit's perfectly the saying "a repeated lie becomes a truth".

Other professions have as much and some others more evade uptime than mes.

Thief is an outright better roamer than mesmer.

Thief has a single utility skill which:

1- breaks stuns twice

2- teleports twice

3- clears condition on second teleport

All in a 50 sec cd skill which is only 10 sec cd longer than Lightning Flash, which only teleports once and doesn't even stunbreak.

Then said thief has Bandit's Defense:

1- 15 sec cd stunbreak, shortest cd stunbreak in the game by far

2- blocks

3- follow up knockdown, on a 1 sec cd

On a class whose F1 IS instant cast with no telegraph, and a long range teleport that nukes for 2-3k damage.

With the highest autoattack damage in the game, where the autoattacks do more sustained DPS than channeling 100 blades on a warrior which is a stationary skill with a 6 sec cd.

Thief can virtually reset at will, and teleport through walls with the most frequent spike on top of highest sustained damage to follow up pressure on a spike, unlike a mesmer who does piss poor sustained damage after a spike.

> @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > If the duration of mirage cloak and overall evade uptime is too high then sure vigour and mirror access can be adjusted. But having the choice of where to put evade frames and spend endurance is interesting gameplay.

>

> Mes evasion is too high fit's perfectly the saying "a repeated lie becomes a truth".

> Other professions have as much and some others more evade uptime than mes.

>

>

Let's not go that far. Mirage evasion is real high. Combined with Blurred Frenzy + Desert Distortion + Permanent Vigor + False Oasis Mirror = Almost as much as a Daredevil. Vigor uptime and Mirror access really needs to be adjusted.

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > If the duration of mirage cloak and overall evade uptime is too high then sure vigour and mirror access can be adjusted. But having the choice of where to put evade frames and spend endurance is interesting gameplay.

> >

> > Mes evasion is too high fit's perfectly the saying "a repeated lie becomes a truth".

> > Other professions have as much and some others more evade uptime than mes.

> >

> >

>

> Let's not go that far. Mirage evasion is real high. Combined with Blurred Frenzy + Desert Distortion + Permanent Vigor + False Oasis Mirror = Almost as much as a Daredevil. Vigor uptime and Mirror access really needs to be adjusted.

First of all not only mesmer who posses 'permavigor' (example :thief vigor/endurance regeneration with acro is 'way higher' because their vigor is improved for example?) ,desert distortion is bad* with a 50s cd(why u even consider talk about 3 clones distortion just for evades when its your big red button? LUL) also not taken in 'meta' builds.Other classes have their own evade skills(thief highest amount of spammable evades from weapons), heal mirror activate after 3-4s? What you want to adjust ? In reality im getting only 1 mirror once per 25 seconds from heal (if i run this heal even) and virtual 3 more (if you waste your biggest save cooldown for mirrors only lmao,which is huge missplay) . I have to mention you have to collect them which is... not really nice and they expire after some time.

I dont really mind desert distortion to be removed and replaced by something thematically suits mirage and being useful instead of being 'one time' usage something unreliable as getting 1-2 mirros in random places where you dont want to go for example.

Should i mention your horrible changes to 'mirage most problematic traits' ? You dont even mention that broken OP mirage MIRROR FACTORY! xD

Everyone complaint about chrono in game so hard, forum complaint about mirage... Or its next step ?

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> > >

> > > In fact you will be able to chose.

> > >

> > > You will have

> > >

> > > * Ambush.

> > > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> > >

> > > This is balanced.

> > > Because we have a counter.

> > >

> > > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> > >

> > > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

> >

> > Or, now this is just a suggestion, be patient and bait the ambush then attack, y'know use some tactics. Also, warriors shield stance isn't an invuln, it's just a block. And you're neglecting to remember that Mirage Cloak can't just be performed infinitely, Ambushes are essentially ammo skills with a 10 second recharge.

>

> I am glad to see that you recognize mirage cloak is overpower, even if you try to troll with stuff like

>

> * It's not infinite ( permavigor = 1 invul every 5 sec )

> * Just bait/wait ( LOL, uncommentable ). "Eh... you just have to learn how to deal with it... ez..."

> * Also you can trade with also Blurred frenzy ( 2.5 sec evade every 12 sec ) and 4 sec invul every 50 sec.

>

> Stop trolling please.

Vigor reduces dodges to 6.66 seconds with perma uptime, not 5 seconds.

Yeah you have to learn how to deal with it, you're just asking devs if they'll hold your hand so you don't have to actually l2p against Mirage

Blurred Frenzy roots you in place, 4 second invuln every 50 second is par for the course, Ele invuln is a 50 second recharge as well.

Pointing out bad ideas as bad ideas isn't trolling, no matter how offended you get about it.

> @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > @"Legatus.3608" said:

> > > > > 20 pages later epicturtle is still trying to act like mesmer is ok

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm all for a debate but I really feel like we're just being trolled by this guy

> > > >

> > > > It's an aggregate of threads not 20 pages later. And if you bothered scrolling up I admit there are a few issues, but it seems pretty clear you didn't.

> > >

> > > Scroll up through 20 pages? No thanks

> >

> > It's towards the middle of the last page. But I guess your crusade against me is more important than being reasonable in any way.

>

> Crusade against you? No, just against mesmer and against imbalance in general. You just happen to be a block on the road to progress in that regard that must be removed :D

>

> Basically, the point that mesmer is a straight upgrade from thief in nearly all aspects at this point has been essentially validated.

>

> ![](https://i.imgur.com/4qCaL1b.jpg "")

>

Yet instead of proposing anything constructive you just made a meme, congratulations on achieveing Edgelord status.

> @"Imperadordf.2687" said:

> > @"Lincolnbeard.1735" said:

> > > @"Curunen.8729" said:

> > > If the duration of mirage cloak and overall evade uptime is too high then sure vigour and mirror access can be adjusted. But having the choice of where to put evade frames and spend endurance is interesting gameplay.

> >

> > Mes evasion is too high fit's perfectly the saying "a repeated lie becomes a truth".

> > Other professions have as much and some others more evade uptime than mes.

> >

> >

>

> Let's not go that far. Mirage evasion is real high. Combined with Blurred Frenzy + Desert Distortion + Permanent Vigor + False Oasis Mirror = Almost as much as a Daredevil. Vigor uptime and Mirror access really needs to be adjusted.

I didn't even mentioned DD, someone is on the defensive. ;)

Like Odik said, no one cares about desert distortion.

Several other professions can attain perma-vigor, and some have more evades/blocks skills on weaponsets (s/d weaver comes to mind, and before someone jumps on me I don't ask for any nerfs).

So why the "almost" needs a nerf and the one with most doesn't?

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> > > >

> > > > In fact you will be able to chose.

> > > >

> > > > You will have

> > > >

> > > > * Ambush.

> > > > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > > > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> > > >

> > > > This is balanced.

> > > > Because we have a counter.

> > > >

> > > > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> > > >

> > > > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > > > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

> > >

> > > Or, now this is just a suggestion, be patient and bait the ambush then attack, y'know use some tactics. Also, warriors shield stance isn't an invuln, it's just a block. And you're neglecting to remember that Mirage Cloak can't just be performed infinitely, Ambushes are essentially ammo skills with a 10 second recharge.

> >

> > I am glad to see that you recognize mirage cloak is overpower, even if you try to troll with stuff like

> >

> > * It's not infinite ( permavigor = 1 invul every 5 sec )

> > * Just bait/wait ( LOL, uncommentable ). "Eh... you just have to learn how to deal with it... ez..."

> > * Also you can trade with also Blurred frenzy ( 2.5 sec evade every 12 sec ) and 4 sec invul every 50 sec.

> >

> > Stop trolling please.

>

> Vigor reduces dodges to 6.66 seconds with perma uptime, not 5 seconds.

> Yeah you have to learn how to deal with it, you're just asking devs if they'll hold your hand so you don't have to actually l2p against Mirage

> Blurred Frenzy roots you in place, 4 second invuln every 50 second is par for the course, Ele invuln is a 50 second recharge as well.

>

> Pointing out bad ideas as bad ideas isn't trolling, no matter how offended you get about it.

He playing thief and complaint ,obviously,losing to mirages and just came to complaint, he have no excuses losing this one

> > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> > > >

> > > > In fact you will be able to chose.

> > > >

> > > > You will have

> > > >

> > > > * Ambush.

> > > > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > > > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> > > >

> > > > This is balanced.

> > > > Because we have a counter.

> > > >

> > > > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> > > >

> > > > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > > > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

> > >

> > > Or, now this is just a suggestion, be patient and bait the ambush then attack, y'know use some tactics. Also, warriors shield stance isn't an invuln, it's just a block. And you're neglecting to remember that Mirage Cloak can't just be performed infinitely, Ambushes are essentially ammo skills with a 10 second recharge.

> >

> > I am glad to see that you recognize mirage cloak is overpower, even if you try to troll with stuff like

> >

> > * It's not infinite ( permavigor = 1 invul every 5 sec )

> > * Just bait/wait ( LOL, uncommentable ). "Eh... you just have to learn how to deal with it... ez..."

> > * Also you can trade with also Blurred frenzy ( 2.5 sec evade every 12 sec ) and 4 sec invul every 50 sec.

> >

> > Stop trolling please.

>

> Vigor reduces dodges to 6.66 seconds with perma uptime, not 5 seconds.

> Yeah you have to learn how to deal with it, you're just asking devs if they'll hold your hand so you don't have to actually l2p against Mirage

> Blurred Frenzy roots you in place, 4 second invuln every 50 second is par for the course, Ele invuln is a 50 second recharge as well.

>

> Pointing out bad ideas as bad ideas isn't trolling, no matter how offended you get about it.

Again trying to defend the ret class.

Also I forget to mention the free dodge every heal.

And again defend attack on dodge.

/applause

Blurred frenzy is to evade while recovering cds

stop acting dumb please.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> > > > > > @"EpicTurtle.8571" said:

> > > > > > And you seem to be missing the point of that being Mirage's unique mechanic.

> > > > >

> > > > > In fact you will be able to chose.

> > > > >

> > > > > You will have

> > > > >

> > > > > * Ambush.

> > > > > * Possibility to end earlier dodge in order to deal dmg.

> > > > > * Possibility to use ambush after your dodge.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is balanced.

> > > > > Because we have a counter.

> > > > >

> > > > > Currently we don't have a counter vs an evading target which blast.

> > > > >

> > > > > And no, sorry, it's not even closer to lacerous strike and to thief difficulty.

> > > > > Currently mesmer is faceroll, and mirage cloak is a big part of the problem.

> > > >

> > > > Or, now this is just a suggestion, be patient and bait the ambush then attack, y'know use some tactics. Also, warriors shield stance isn't an invuln, it's just a block. And you're neglecting to remember that Mirage Cloak can't just be performed infinitely, Ambushes are essentially ammo skills with a 10 second recharge.

> > >

> > > I am glad to see that you recognize mirage cloak is overpower, even if you try to troll with stuff like

> > >

> > > * It's not infinite ( permavigor = 1 invul every 5 sec )

> > > * Just bait/wait ( LOL, uncommentable ). "Eh... you just have to learn how to deal with it... ez..."

> > > * Also you can trade with also Blurred frenzy ( 2.5 sec evade every 12 sec ) and 4 sec invul every 50 sec.

> > >

> > > Stop trolling please.

> >

> > Vigor reduces dodges to 6.66 seconds with perma uptime, not 5 seconds.

> > Yeah you have to learn how to deal with it, you're just asking devs if they'll hold your hand so you don't have to actually l2p against Mirage

> > Blurred Frenzy roots you in place, 4 second invuln every 50 second is par for the course, Ele invuln is a 50 second recharge as well.

> >

> > Pointing out bad ideas as bad ideas isn't trolling, no matter how offended you get about it.

>

> Again trying to defend the ret class.

> Also I forget to mention the free dodge every heal.

>

> And again defend attack on dodge.

> /applause

>

> Blurred frenzy is to evade while recovering cds

> stop acting dumb please.

_I'm defending attack on dodge because it is Mirage's main mechanic_

Which you think should be gutted because it is unique (e.g. thieves can't do it) and I literally cannot understand the entitled perspective that births such an idea. What nonsensical thing should I attack about thief here? The fact that they are immune to chill? Or should I be more astounded by the fact that you think it's unfair people can use a skill with a defensive component defensively.

> @"Shirlias.8104" said:

> Again trying to defend the ret class.

> Also I forget to mention the free dodge every heal.

>

> And again defend attack on dodge.

> /applause

>

> Blurred frenzy is to evade while recovering cds

> stop acting dumb please.

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha?

What free dodge every heal ?????????????? You complaint about adventurer rune? EVERYONE CAN USE IT , stop acting dumb

Yes , defend mechanic we get which we get for dropping Chrono/other traitlines.

Any evade skill let recover cds while evading, stop acting dumb

> @"Odik.4587" said:

> > Again trying to defend the ret class.

> > Also I forget to mention the free dodge every heal.

> >

> > And again defend attack on dodge.

> > /applause

> >

> > Blurred frenzy is to evade while recovering cds

> > stop acting dumb please.

>

> ahahahahahahahahahahahahaahha?

> What free dodge every heal ?????????????? You complaint about adventurer rune? EVERYONE CAN USE IT , stop acting dumb

> Yes , defend mechanic we get which we get for dropping Chrono/other traitlines.

> Any evade skill let recover cds while evading, stop acting dumb

I think he's talking about False Oasis lol.

The majority of this post is a suggestion about reducing visual clutter and restricting damage output. Due to a hand injury, I haven't really played in any competitive setting since mid-February. I think these changes are fair even though they will hurt the build I hope to play when healed. I am using ideas posted elsewhere, but trying to make a cohesive single suggestion.

1) As much as possible, try to clean up clones faster after they shatter

2) Change staff phantasm to only summon one phantasm (balance damage)

3) Change Imagined Burden trait effect so that it does not create two berserker phantasms (maybe just increase damage of one)

4) All phantasms are effectively on the ammo system. By default, all phantasms (except shield) have one ammo. When all ammo is used, it takes 20 seconds to recharge. There is a 5-second limit between using charges. Shield phantasm (Illusionary Avenger) has 2 charges by default (there's no requirement to block to get the second charge)

5) Chronophantasma adds one ammo to all phantasm skils

6) Active use of Signet of Ether restores one ammo on all phantasm skills if there is space for it