Gear on Ventari (LF Advises)

Paradox.2018

Hi guys! i couple of weeks ago i'd changed my main ascended set to Minstrel's (Armor - staff -mace and shield, also my accessorys) in order to cover both roles in WvW..

The thing is, that i'd expend a lot of gold into this gear, and now that i'd returned to PvE OW and some fractals i see that the gear it's very limiting to my progress..

Except for Fractals wich i'm doing only T3 and the tanky gear allows me to heal and spam alacrity to my mates, and also i'm not doing Raids.. So should i stay with minstrel's as a main gear for my Ventari or do you thing that i should change to Harrier's soon as possible to avoid problems in future?

I'll leave here a couple of screen of my stats and traits.. of course it's far from the meta but it's seems to work pretty well, any advise to improve it?

------

![](https://i.imgur.com/0E32Kdy.jpg "")

--------

![](https://i.imgur.com/dgBAQpt.jpg "")

------

Thanks your time!

To me, Minstrel's is worth keeping, especially if you continue to do WvW and don't plan on raiding. I personally don't raid either and I love my Minstrel's gear. Yeah, you do no damage, but the extra sustain is reaaally helpful, and well worth the sacrifice in what would be pretty low damage. When I play Ventari Rev in WvW, I tend to stay mid-line, so I wouldn't be doing damage anyway unless I slot hammer (which I choose not to due to silly flavor reasons).

As far as your build goes, I like to run something very similar because I don't like Renegade at all. It is off-meta in PvE, but I personally haven't been playing enough serious content to care. It works great at what it does, and although it may not be fully optimized, it's fun.

-If you're doing PvE with that and find that you are swapping legends frequently, I'd suggest changing Nourishing Roots to Tranquil Balance. Since you are slotting Glint and Spirit Boon, you should have plenty of regeneration uptime, and the extra 20% healing is great. If you are using Facet of Chaos (rather than spamming Chaotic Release off cooldown) then you probably bring enough protection uptime too (through Spirit Boon too), which means you could also swap Bolster Fortifications for Shared Empowerment or Harmonize Continuity (stunbreak via legend-swap and Gaze of Darkness). However, both of these suggestions really depend on if you are going into Glint frequently. I am assuming that you at least intend to since you have Charged Mists and Invoking Harmony.

-In WvW, [this](http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5unnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8ElFZlZtjRKxe6rDXNgDeA-j1xDQBF7CAAgjAwT2f4jKBh3DB0NAQ1fgoyvPDBALSgVVqqqKpA8bwG-w "gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAW5unnN2gSyJvQRNlbosoyPU4U5IKIs8ElFZlZtjRKxe6rDXNgDeA-j1xDQBF7CAAgjAwT2f4jKBh3DB0NAQ1fgoyvPDBALSgVVqqqKpA8bwG-w") is what I tend to run. I'll swap my secondary legend depending on the situation, but generally I'll just run Glint for the second legend because the boons are nice and the heal is helpful. You could always run a line like Invocation instead of Retribution, but I just find Retribution overall better for group play (all the traits are helpful). Keep in mind I don't run this a TON as I spend most of my time in WvW just solo-roaming. However, it is still the most solid build I have tested thus far (ideally I'd go for Bountiful Maintenance Oil, but I am too cheap).