new player, help?

hi all, i bought this game in 2013 and then didn't really play. left to wow as ive been playing that since 2005 and it became an addiction, well i am sick of wow. i am mainly interested in pvp. in wow i play a geared, decently ranked affliction warlock. i am looking for something similar that isn't too difficult for new players. can anyone give me some advice? thank you

While I've never really played WoW, if you're looking for AoE DoT as a name like "affliction warlock" would imply, your best bet would be Necromancer (scourge) from the PoF expansion.

https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Blood_Sage

It's fairly easy to play, and in low teirs wrecks an unorganised enemy team.

For more specific tips, I would recommend heading over to the PvP section or a specific class forum.

• ArenaNet Staff

Another place you might try for help is the Players Helping Players subforum. It's wonderful to see how many helpful players are willing to give a hand to a newer player, someone who's trying out a new profession, or even an experienced player who just needs a little guidance.

> @"kattah.6372" said:

> hi all, i bought this game in 2013 and then didn't really play. left to wow as ive been playing that since 2005 and it became an addiction, well i am sick of wow. i am mainly interested in pvp. in wow i play a geared, decently ranked affliction warlock. i am looking for something similar that isn't too difficult for new players. can anyone give me some advice? thank you

Celestial Scourge [necro] is just what you're looking for.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Scourge_-_Celestial_Scourge

Dont be too fussed with all these specific builds people are suggesting. Honestly, make a character and choose whatever profession appeals to you the most. Go to The Heart of the Mists (PvP Lobby) and trial out all the professions. Click the pvp button which is the two swords top left of the screen to get to HotM. Worry about the builds later after you've found a profession that tickles your pickle and you've gotten a grip on the game. Remember that all the professions are extremely flexible, some may be better in specific builds but there isn't something that the Guardian can do that the Elementalist can't.

> @"kattah.6372" said:

> hi all, i bought this game in 2013 and then didn't really play. left to wow as ive been playing that since 2005 and it became an addiction, well **i am sick of wow**. i am **mainly interested in pvp**. in wow **i play a geared**, decently ranked affliction warlock. i am looking for **something similar that isn't too difficult for new players**. can anyone give me some advice? thank you

Probably Scourge of Condition Mirage will provvide you the best choice.

If you don't own any expansion you don't have a real possibility, because once in spvp meta classe will definitely own you if you dare to play a condi build class warlock style.

That said, if you explain the reasons you are sick of wow ( and given the fact you are mainly intereseted in pvp ) I could tell you if a try is worth or not ( check SPvP forum just to have an overall idea of the SPvP situation ).

As someone whom has played WoW for years prior to playing GW2, necromancer is the closest to warlock in terms of playstyle. condition damage over time, summonable minions, a bit more limited mobility and higher hp pool than typical casters with a dark theme. Also agree with Gaile, if you have any questions feel free to post in the players helping players forum, theres often those willing to share their knowledge with new/returning players.