Guide me please

pavelbgd.1460

hello, I have read most of the help me pick my class threads and I really do not want to make another one.I have played gw2 at the start and levelled with a friend a guardian a ranger and some played some thief Elementalist war and engi.

The thing is i never learned the game because I was amazed at the open world and obsessed of ticking every point on a map I found myself at lvl 80 with no idea how to gear what to do with profession what endgame is there never done a fractal or a dungeon( i think I did one at lvl 35 or smth like that) the idea is that I never experienced the game.

So now I want to return and start fresh( i really want to do the personal story, because I totally missed it) I will keep those high lvl chars but I want to learn the game(to understand what stats do what buffs are good how mechanics work... I hope you get it ... the game) and I saw that a lot has changed and improved.

i need for you to tell me what class i need so its simple and basic and it can help me understand how the game works, or if you have any ideeas on how i could do that please let me know.

it really feels overwhelming that there is so much stuff that i do no understand and i want to take it easy and soak it and maybe bond with a character(i have never been able to do that in wow for example)

> @"pavelbgd.1460" said:

Personally I started GW2 with ranger and guard. Guard remains my main and it's great to play - would recommend - but having tried all other professions (the only one I neither liked nor kept is engi) I would say that _Warrior_ is the basic class you _could_ be looking for.

It has decent durability and solid power output without a steep learning curve. Regarding gear, if you are going for a straightforward power build, you can aim to have Berserker stats but for added survivability, can use Valkeries, Soldiers, Marauders or even Knights (anything with _Power_ - preferably as the major stat).

Edit: It's also worth noting that Warriors have plenty of decent passives and can really run predominantly on signets in the skill bar to reduce complexity.

I'm sure there are plenty of other suggestions, but IMO this is really one of the simplest set-ups to play and also give you a little of that "classic RPG" feel.

I would go with Ranger, straight forward mechanics and pets can do the tanking for you which gives you freedom and time to think your next move. It's also fun to run around the maps looking for new pets to tame, it gives you an extra reason to explore.

I mostly play War Spellbreaker, and Guard Dragonhunter in open world and sometimes Thief Deadeye.

SpellB gives you access to Full Counter which absorb the next attack and send it back to the attacker and everyone around him.

DH , I love set traps and burst everything.

DE is a long range (1500) dps but you have to Kneel everytime.