Should i trust Metabattle?

Malafaia.8903

I don't usually find myself up against stiff competition, as I rarely PvP (~20 games played on mesmer). So, I just use my PvE build which I am quite comfortable with even if I don't know anything about PvP. You can see I get a little too caught up fighting in this match when I should be focusing on the score!

I'm not suggesting that this build is a good way to go for serious PvPers. Go with the meta for that. But for casual PvP like this, condi mirage PvE builds are strong enough defensively to be viable in PvP.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> When I played a season in ranked as Tempest I had a "selfish" d/d build that was great for personal survival and dueling. Surviving was effortless and I actually had enough damage to kill most non-bunker builds. But I placed in gold 1 with it and was never quite able to climb out of it using that build. So, I went to metabattle and changed my build to be more similar to the d/f auramancer build that was the meta at the time. I kept off-hand dagger, but instead of a bunker bruiser type I became a team support healer. After that I quickly climbed out of gold 1 and ended up finishing the season in platinum 1.

>

> That's pretty much the extent of my PvP experience, but I would trust metabattle to help you climb rank if you find yourself struggling to advance with an off-meta build.

> @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> I don't usually find myself up against stiff competition, as I rarely PvP (~20 games played on mesmer). So, I just use my PvE build which I am quite comfortable with even if I don't know anything about PvP. You can see I get a little too caught up fighting in this match when I should be focusing on the score!

>

>

>

> I'm not suggesting that this build is a good way to go for serious PvPers. Go with the meta for that. But for casual PvP like this, condi mirage PvE builds are strong enough defensively to be viable in PvP.

I don't know about the exact same build, but usign at least the same weapons in pve and pvp helps a lot on muscle memory!

I'm performing WAY better playing this axe condi build than the power meta one (with sword).

PS. I see that killing reflect at 1:00min on the video, luv that, lol.

> @"Malafaia.8903" said:

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > When I played a season in ranked as Tempest I had a "selfish" d/d build that was great for personal survival and dueling. Surviving was effortless and I actually had enough damage to kill most non-bunker builds. But I placed in gold 1 with it and was never quite able to climb out of it using that build. So, I went to metabattle and changed my build to be more similar to the d/f auramancer build that was the meta at the time. I kept off-hand dagger, but instead of a bunker bruiser type I became a team support healer. After that I quickly climbed out of gold 1 and ended up finishing the season in platinum 1.

> >

> > That's pretty much the extent of my PvP experience, but I would trust metabattle to help you climb rank if you find yourself struggling to advance with an off-meta build.

>

> > @"AliamRationem.5172" said:

> > I don't usually find myself up against stiff competition, as I rarely PvP (~20 games played on mesmer). So, I just use my PvE build which I am quite comfortable with even if I don't know anything about PvP. You can see I get a little too caught up fighting in this match when I should be focusing on the score!

> >

> >

> >

> > I'm not suggesting that this build is a good way to go for serious PvPers. Go with the meta for that. But for casual PvP like this, condi mirage PvE builds are strong enough defensively to be viable in PvP.

>

> I don't know about the exact same build, but usign at least the same weapons in pve and pvp helps a lot on muscle memory!

> I'm performing WAY better playing this axe condi build than the power meta one (with sword).

>

> PS. I see that killing reflect at 1:00min on the video, luv that, lol.

Pistol spam against a dueling/chaos build you might as well just afk and let me kill you. It would take more effort!

> Pistol spam against a dueling/chaos build you might as well just afk and let me kill you. It would take more effort!

I agree with you for spvp where there are limited stats ( i play mirage condi carrion with dueling and it is till op) .

On wvw the music can be different . I find dire mesmer till op for roaming and i am using something like the link i past below. Sadly dire stats with perplexity runes on mesmer are till really strong but, as i said before wvw is different from spvp .

For spvp in my opinion meta builds (power shatter and chaos, illusion, mirage with staff) and old meta condi carrion are till the best things you can play . On wvw there is much more build diversity . wvw in my opinion is till completely unbalanced ...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsf3anELDFohVoBmpBMMjlXDDNAkTeOlVgeTwx//VATgA-j1SFQBwR/gTWCIiKlUwBKAAPAglos5BHBgEcSAok6PBb3hQqEEA-w