Are bots still around?

So I'm casually doing my map completion for, god know the amont of times, in Iron Marches and I come across this...

https://imgur.com/a/dZeHC

Now I have never seen this before, in the 5 years I've played this game.. I've seen Ranger bots, when you would be bombarded when whispers about gold selling, but never seen anything like that again.

Small description for lazy ppl: About 10 to 20 Engineers all stacked near the wall at Bloodfin Lake, afk but dropping Supply Crates when its off coldown, dont react to chat so I'm assuming bots ..

It should be noted this is not bots, its afk farming. No scripts needed, they're just dropping turrets there and collecting the loot.

It should ALSO be noted, this can still be a ban-able offense. You need to be behind the keyboard when your farming, even if your character is doing this.

Went there and found the blob of engis.

About 2/3 of them were afkfarming and reported, a few were apparently there and moved to other spots shooting other mobs from time to time, probably only afking from time to time or being only semi-afk. I am sure though that sooner or later they will leave their pc and NOT log out but instead turn into afkfarmers too.

> @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> Went there and found the blob of engis.

>

> About 2/3 of them were afkfarming and reported, a few were apparently there and moved to other spots shooting other mobs from time to time, probably only afking from time to time or being only semi-afk. I am sure though that sooner or later they will leave their pc and NOT log out but instead turn into afkfarmers too.

Except you need to refresh your turrets. So they are either bots or not afk at all. Passive gameplay is allowed.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > Went there and found the blob of engis.

> >

> > About 2/3 of them were afkfarming and reported, a few were apparently there and moved to other spots shooting other mobs from time to time, probably only afking from time to time or being only semi-afk. I am sure though that sooner or later they will leave their pc and NOT log out but instead turn into afkfarmers too.

>

> Except you need to refresh your turrets. So they are either bots or not afk at all. Passive gameplay is allowed.

Nonsense, you can do that while afk with a simple mouseclicker, no bot program required.

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > Went there and found the blob of engis.

> > >

> > > About 2/3 of them were afkfarming and reported, a few were apparently there and moved to other spots shooting other mobs from time to time, probably only afking from time to time or being only semi-afk. I am sure though that sooner or later they will leave their pc and NOT log out but instead turn into afkfarmers too.

> >

> > Except you need to refresh your turrets. So they are either bots or not afk at all. Passive gameplay is allowed.

>

> Nonsense, you can do that while afk with a simple mouseclicker, no bot program required.

Semantics. Point is, if it's automated, it's not allowed. If it's not, it's okay. They can't detect it anyway unless you're doing something obvious, like teleporting.

> @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > Went there and found the blob of engis.

> > > >

> > > > About 2/3 of them were afkfarming and reported, a few were apparently there and moved to other spots shooting other mobs from time to time, probably only afking from time to time or being only semi-afk. I am sure though that sooner or later they will leave their pc and NOT log out but instead turn into afkfarmers too.

> > >

> > > Except you need to refresh your turrets. So they are either bots or not afk at all. Passive gameplay is allowed.

> >

> > Nonsense, you can do that while afk with a simple mouseclicker, no bot program required.

>

> Semantics. Point is, if it's automated, it's not allowed. If it's not, it's okay. They can't detect it anyway unless you're doing something obvious, like teleporting.

You started with the semantics by implying that those who I reported are not afkfarmers but bots (or not afk). The term afkfarmers is used for exactly those people who I reported, and if a few of them actually are there and press the same buttons for hours at fixed intervals, nothing will happen to them as the ANet staff who invstigates will (hopefully) get a reply from them when trying to interact with them.

> > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > @"Kheldorn.5123" said:

> > > > > @"Shikigami.4013" said:

> > > > > Went there and found the blob of engis.

> > > > >

> > > > > About 2/3 of them were afkfarming and reported, a few were apparently there and moved to other spots shooting other mobs from time to time, probably only afking from time to time or being only semi-afk. I am sure though that sooner or later they will leave their pc and NOT log out but instead turn into afkfarmers too.

> > > >

> > > > Except you need to refresh your turrets. So they are either bots or not afk at all. Passive gameplay is allowed.

> > >

> > > Nonsense, you can do that while afk with a simple mouseclicker, no bot program required.

> >

> > Semantics. Point is, if it's automated, it's not allowed. If it's not, it's okay. They can't detect it anyway unless you're doing something obvious, like teleporting.

>

> You started with the semantics by implying that those who I reported are not afkfarmers but bots (or not afk). The term afkfarmers is used for exactly those people who I reported, and if a few of them actually are there and press the same buttons for hours at fixed intervals, nothing will happen to them as the ANet staff who invstigates will (hopefully) get a reply from them when trying to interact with them.

I know how anet checks afk farmers. However, it's not detection. It's acting after reports. They have no way to find out 3rd party tools you are using. They can only detect abnormal behaviour on your account. Smart written macroes and bots are undetectable for them unless you call GM and point a finger at another player.

> @"mPascoal.4258" said:

> So I'm casually doing my map completion for, god know the amont of times, in Iron Marches and I come across this...

>

> https://imgur.com/a/dZeHC

>

> Now I have never seen this before, in the 5 years I've played this game.. I've seen Ranger bots, when you would be bombarded when whispers about gold selling, but never seen anything like that again.

> Small description for lazy ppl: About 10 to 20 Engineers all stacked near the wall at Bloodfin Lake, afk but dropping Supply Crates when its off coldown, dont react to chat so I'm assuming bots ..

Rankor Ruins on Timberline is another of their favourite bot and afk macro spots.. necros tend to not got there anymore to do their farming cos minions were having a hard time seeing stuff through all the turrets so they hive around Thistlereed Grove to the north to kill the 3 or 4 respawning Jotun's.

ANET don't give a rats about it they and simply allow the maps all across the game to become awash of AFK/bot farmers, easier to ignore the issue than to try and clean it up I guess.