Motion Sickness

Morfedel.4165

I'm someone that deals with motion sickness daily. It is an awful feeling and can be debilitating, so if you are not one that suffers from this be very, very grateful.

I get extremely nauseous in cars, airplanes etc. I can't even watch 3D movies.

During the beta I never felt sick while playing only AFTER I stopped, almost as if my brain thought I was still in the game and couldn't readjust. It lasted for hours and I couldn't do anything for the rest of the night.

My next try I decided not to look at my mount at all and sipped on ginger tea as I played. I still felt sick afterward but not as severe.

Surprisingly, since POF has gone live, I no longer feel ill and I'm not sure why since, from what we've been told, nothing about the movement has been changed. I can even look at the mount as I play, something that was impossible for me during the beta.

I did turn off the motion blur and unchecked the mount camera roll (my fov is always maxed) so maybe this was enough for me.

It would be great if ANET could confirm either way if something was changed or not because I do feel a difference somehow. Perhaps I just got used to it but that would be surprising since I've yet to get used to the motion of a car - something I do every day.

I wish all my motion sickness friends good luck and I do hope you are all able to find something that works for you.

I suffer from motion sickness everytime I see the raptor mount. I've only had this occur twice before, early WoW and N64. I bought GW2 recently, with the expansion as I was interested in the game and the mounts, pretty disappointed to find that the writers/designers were aware at the time that this expansion was making certain players physically ill. I'm now back to playing the old part of the game, I can only play the expansion for seconds before becoming ill. For anyone who thinks this is just feeling bit dizzy.... imagine eating bad chicken - (but without the diarrhoea).

I've been on foot mostly, I only use the mount to jump across canyons or jump up with the bunny. I was doing ok with this strategy until the story required me to ride a mount and catch a creature. That's as far as I got in the story. I keep trying every so often but it makes me dizzy very quickly. This is the reason I don't play first-person shooters.