Alternate use for Raid Maps: Instanced Jumping Puzzles

I'm not a fan of instanced content that requires more than one player but I would like to explore the maps. I'm sure there are more than a few of us. I had an interesting idea for an alternate use for raid maps that would make them less of a one trick pony that takes up content and space on the world map.

Have a copy of them for themed instanced jumping puzzles which don't offer raid rewards but do offer rewards higher than normal jumping puzzle plus achievements. It would take a bit of tweaking but it shouldn't be that difficult to do. Use triggers to open gates and such after users finish sections. Farming and some light combat could be added. They could be entered the way normal raids are but you just have to not be in a party or squad.

Interesting concept, though my fear would be farmability, either overt or lack there of (not sure which) would instances be barred after you've reached the end/ certain check points so other players can't join? Or would selling JP's become a thing? There's a bunch of stuff that would have to be considered to make them balanced, but I agree. I personally love the raid maps, and sort of wish they were more freely explorable.... Not thar exploring now is too hard after a full wing clear.

> @"Wisty.1867" said:

> Interesting concept, though my fear would be farmability, either overt or lack there of (not sure which) would instances be barred after you've reached the end/ certain check points so other players can't join? Or would selling JP's become a thing? There's a bunch of stuff that would have to be considered to make them balanced, but I agree. I personally love the raid maps, and sort of wish they were more freely explorable.... Not thar exploring now is too hard after a full wing clear.

Entry would require single player; anything else would take the party to raid mode. If they really wanted to they could allow parties to enter with in a 5 minutes of the start of the instance but no one afterwards to keep people from selling completed JPs.

Raid Maps should become also just completely normal explorable PvE Maps that should be in that way enterable only a Guild Content for new special Guild Crusades.

This way would Anet hit two birds with one stone, Raid maps would become normally explorable and guilds would receive some kind of new content feature that is unique for Guilds with Guild Crusades, an expanded and improved form of basically Guild Missions that could make also usage of the upcoming new Alliance System from WvW maybe to join together with other Alliance Guild Members to form up together with members from other Alliances your Guild Crusade Legion with that you want to do a Crusade in the Raid Maps doing in them just normal guild designed pvE content that has nothign do do with the normal Raids

And for Solo Players should Raid Maps be reworked into new Dungeon Maps so that also Solo Players can explore them just normally in their own solo play dungeon instances. K, that would be now then hittign 3 birds with one stone.. but what I just want to dsay with that is - that not always addign new content from scratch is needed, when you can just also make new content out of already existign content, just packed and delievered into a different new form of feature.

I really wish raid maps used open world maps but set in a time frame just before open world PvE accesses. Basically wild maps, instanced off to areas of the raids with environmental effects obscuring the non-raid areas and have raids go in soften up the map along with establishing waypoints, vendors, etc for post raid access. Each map would have two timeframes for entry. One raid and one post-raid PvE. That would have to be done on future maps as the established maps are to small. My JP suggestion was for existing raid maps because they are focused on a flow thru the map which would be exactly how you'd have to do a JP.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I really wish raid maps used open world maps but set in a time frame just before open world PvE accesses. Basically wild maps, instanced off to areas of the raids with environmental effects obscuring the non-raid areas and have raids go in soften up the map along with establishing waypoints, vendors, etc for post raid access. Each map would have two timeframes for entry. One raid and one post-raid PvE. That would have to be done on future maps as the established maps are to small. My JP suggestion was for existing raid maps because they are focused on a flow thru the map which would be exactly how you'd have to do a JP.

Maybe they could overhaul raids too open world bosses