Not able to buy gems via online banking

Problem with online banking always has been:

If there is any problem at all, and even if it's caused not from you but your bank, ANet won't receive the money and they will suspend your GW2 account, more often than not permanently, because you seem to be a fraud.

With other payment options, they can immediately check, if there is money available (like with debit/credit card), or are very sure, that they will get the money from the financial institute (like with Paypal) anyway and the institute will come back to YOU if there is any problem.

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> Problem with online banking always has been:

> If there is any problem at all, and even if it's caused not from you but your bank, ANet won't receive the money and they will suspend your GW2 account, more often than not permanently, because you seem to be a fraud.

>

> With other payment options, they can immediately check, if there is money available (like with debit/credit card), or are very sure, that they will get the money from the financial institute (like with Paypal) anyway and the institute will come back to YOU if there is any problem.

I would like to see some examples.

I have been in some serious problems while using online banking in gw2 but never even felt at risk of loosing my account. The worse that happened was I payed and didn’t get the thing I or my payment was rejected instantly.

I did notice earlier this week it was down.

I personally also have a PayPal account. They also provide ways to fill your wallet using online banking or authorise them to do withdraw it directly from your bank account. I switched to this method and bought what I wanted.

There lies the problem. For the majority of people it might not have been a problem. But each new forum entry back then from someone being banned because ArenaNet just banned him upsets the people some more.

And because there are some more payment options, people still can buy something and they (ArenaNet) won't lose money.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> I don't believe there were any posts about 'being banned' for any online-banking issues. The only times there have been terminations were for charge-backs. And, it's not ArenaNet that has control over payment vehicles, it's DRI.

Those charge-backs where happening way more often with online banking than with any other payment option (if there ever was such a charge-back with one of the other options).

> @"Nokomis.5076" said:

> Problem with online banking always has been:

> If there is any problem at all, and even if it's caused not from you but your bank, ANet won't receive the money and they will suspend your GW2 account, more often than not permanently, because you seem to be a fraud.

>

> With other payment options, they can immediately check, if there is money available (like with debit/credit card), or are very sure, that they will get the money from the financial institute (like with Paypal) anyway and the institute will come back to YOU if there is any problem.

Sorry this is not true, with Ideal (direct bank payments) you pay directly from your bank account, if you don't have enough money you can't even finish the transfer.

Ideal transfers you automatically to your bank, where you can see if you have the funds or not.

If you did make a payment, and received the gems, you can NOT take back your money by any means.

I'm Having the same Issue over here, I was able to buy Gems on the 14th But Could not on the 15th with the Error "An Unexpected error Has occurred, Please try again later" There was Activity on my Support ticket 8 Hours ago, But there seems to be no Response/Resolution to my Problem posted.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> Hi! It's been a busy week and I apologize that I didn't see this earlier.

>

> Can you folks please tell me if you're ok now, and not having issues as earlier reported??

>

> Thanks!

Hi Gaile! Thank you for responding! Online banking is back as an option and working fine, thank you for resolving this issue!