Bandage emote sound at random

I have a female human warrior (spellbreaker) on whom when I play I hear the bandage voice emotes at random.. They are the female human version of these emotes and will occur apparently without rhyme or reason. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I have tried to log out completely to desktop and leave the game for extended periods (it has been happening for at least a couple of days so this has been tried several times).

I have allowed myself to be incapacitated to the point of needing to use a WP and also allowed myself to be healed back to active.

Just to confirm: you're hearing this when there is no player in earshot who is downed? You can hear other players who are downed asking for help, but if you are in, say, a big city where people normally don't get downed (defeated by falling off tall buildings, sure, but not downed), and you still hear it?

If so, the prefreset thing will be a good place to start.

> @"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:

> Just to confirm: you're hearing this when there is no player in earshot who is downed? You can hear other players who are downed asking for help, but if you are in, say, a big city where people normally don't get downed (defeated by falling off tall buildings, sure, but not downed), and you still hear it?

>

> If so, the prefreset thing will be a good place to start.

Yes, hearing it when there is no one downed nearby. I'll try the prefreset option that Incalputus suggested.

> @"moonstarmac.4603" said:

> My weaver's attacks play the sound you get for normally gaining Barrier so I feel you. Seems some of the audio is out of wack.

Yes, since they implemented more things into to the existing audio settings (that nobody asked for, like muting your gathering tools when you decide to limit "My Unique Item Sounds"). some stuff might have been broken. The audio system needs another overhaul, one that seperated things rather than uniting them in one channel.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm getting this bug now too. It only seems to happen in PvE maps (aka places where other players can be downed, although the voice file being played is always the same as the character I'm currently logged in on). I have not had this bug happen in PvP, WvW or Fractals.