Is there any Interest in Hammer Rev vids?

Justine.6351

Should I make any more hammer rev vids? Its a pita to make them cause ultra widescreen isn't a very supported format for editing.

Just a quick "feel good" for any hammer rev out there,

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQJASmnvN2gS6JvQRVlbosryPUYW5IKYs8ElFOFi9LnpNtBYAJw+fFMhA-jVSBAB4prgjjAgZKBX4CCsxhAgm9HA4BBQp6PXp87dwBwWblWblWblt2art2arGQrt2art2art2arCBUeMA-w

kk I will try and figure out length and type of encounters to put in.

Part of the "problem" is fights that something like a spell breaker has to facetank chase kiters for over a minute I can end in about 30 seconds or I end up getting condied into the ground from even mild application. The only thing that truly keeps me on hammer rev is phase traversal as holosmith is a better and tankier hammer rev only it doesn't have chase.

so do I stick to vids with fights where I blow people up? Good 1v1 encounters? XvX? Shenanigan type stuff? Glass hammer is capable of all of these.

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> kk I will try and figure out length and type of encounters to put in.

> Part of the "problem" is fights that something like a spell breaker has to facetank chase kiters for over a minute I can end in about 30 seconds or I end up getting condied into the ground from even mild application. The only thing that truly keeps me on hammer rev is phase traversal as holosmith is a better and tankier hammer rev only it doesn't have chase.

>

> so do I stick to vids with fights where I blow people up? Good 1v1 encounters? XvX? Shenanigan type stuff? Glass hammer is capable of all of these.

do them all. unless its and new player you kill with AA

the inspiration is there, just gotta go out and make them, feel free to check out some of mine. Hammer rev for days https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah-lGEHQAOs

i havent made any "roaming" compilations since im not a full blown roaming rev and ive run into the same issue, most roaming sessions on a rev can be hit and miss, running into a faceroll sustainer and condi you to death player can be irritating. personally i would mix short "burst fights" and "long sustain fights", and always throw in some were it looks like you not going to win, but then you somehow pull it off.

also isnt just the greatest thing ever when people roll up on you and you phase smash on your self and they somehow dont see it commin?

also you should be able to, depending on what your recording with, to record at whatver your base resolution is, and then have the output downscaled,

like me i record base of 1920x1080, downscaled to 1280x720, even with widescreen you should be able to, should help with editing woes

> @"Justine.6351" said:

> kk I put up new vid after working on some problems i was having with it. 8 to come soon i think.

>

Where are you finding all of these people to actually fight? Whenever I WvW, I'm stuck in a permanent state of 1v3... Or at best, chasing somebody 1v1 until either they die without even trying to fight back or it turns into a 1v5 and I have instant energy-waste chase regret.

> @"narcx.3570" said:

> > @"Justine.6351" said:

> > kk I put up new vid after working on some problems i was having with it. 8 to come soon i think.

> >

>

> Where are you finding all of these people to actually fight? Whenever I WvW, I'm stuck in a permanent state of 1v3... Or at best, chasing somebody 1v1 until either they die without even trying to fight back or it turns into a 1v5 and I have instant energy-waste chase regret.

>

Got to know how they see the map and meet them there. Helps playing off hours too and out of t1. I also present myself as a killable target instead of someone that will just runaway when outnumbered. Keeping small-scale alive is a give and take.

solid video, i should have included music can help the video to, try and match songs with the action, sometimes ill match a huge damage spike with an accent in a song just because it sounds/looks cool. still in that video you have things going on that makes me want to keep watching,. good work

ive spent sometimes hours on my videos, even the short ones, so im pretty much familiar with any editing woes that occur