Account suspension discussion [merged]

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > >

> > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > >

> > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > >

> > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > >

> > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > >

> > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > >

> > > Except you don't.

> >

> > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

>

> Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

>

> Exchange went like this:

>

> GM: How's it going?

>

> Me: Good. You?

>

> GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

>

> Me: No worries. :)

>

> Five minutes later. . . .

>

> GM: Have a nice day. ;)

>

> But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > >

> > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > >

> > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > >

> > > > Except you don't.

> > >

> > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> >

> > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> >

> > Exchange went like this:

> >

> > GM: How's it going?

> >

> > Me: Good. You?

> >

> > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> >

> > Me: No worries. :)

> >

> > Five minutes later. . . .

> >

> > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> >

> > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

>

> This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

You don't know Anet doesn't have them though ...

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > >

> > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > >

> > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > >

> > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > >

> > >

> > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> >

> > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

>

> This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Um . . . you asked for GMs to do this, and then you say they're wasting time doing it. So . . . which one is it now? Besides, that wasn't the point of me telling you that story. :)

> @"artemis.6781" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > >

> > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > >

> > > > > Except you don't.

> > > >

> > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > >

> > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > >

> > > Exchange went like this:

> > >

> > > GM: How's it going?

> > >

> > > Me: Good. You?

> > >

> > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > >

> > > Me: No worries. :)

> > >

> > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > >

> > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > >

> > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> >

> > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

>

> Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > >

> > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > >

> > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > >

> > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > >

> > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > >

> > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > >

> > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > >

> > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > >

> > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > >

> > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > >

> > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > >

> > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> >

> > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

>

> Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > >

> > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > >

> > > What makes you think Anet doesn't do that?

> >

> > Well clearly they arent cause people are just getting banned for having cheat engine running at the same time as GW2 was running based on a "multi period week" the thing they sent to look through what process people were running.

>

> No, that doesn't make it clear to me that Anet don't have GM's watching the game at all. It just tells me Anet does MORE than having GM's watch the game.

>

So you're saying all these 1.5k players have been confirmed hacking with the said software? Please show me the evidence. Even if there is no evidence This just shows the incompetent of how they are handling this and again banning off assumption.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > >

> > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > >

> > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > >

> > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > >

> > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > >

> > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > >

> > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > >

> > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > >

> > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > >

> > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > >

> > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> >

> > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

>

> That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

No because they said so themselves

here is the exact quote

>1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > >

> > > Exchange went like this:

> > >

> > > GM: How's it going?

> > >

> > > Me: Good. You?

> > >

> > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > >

> > > Me: No worries. :)

> > >

> > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > >

> > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > >

> > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> >

> > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

>

> Um . . . you asked for GMs to do this, and then you say they're wasting time doing it. So . . . which one is it now? Besides, that wasn't the point of me telling you that story. :)

I'm asking GM's to investigate flagged accounts not showing up and go "Mind if i watch you" Of course people will either log off or stop cheating completely if they had a GM show up.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > >

> > > > What makes you think Anet doesn't do that?

> > >

> > > Well clearly they arent cause people are just getting banned for having cheat engine running at the same time as GW2 was running based on a "multi period week" the thing they sent to look through what process people were running.

> >

> > No, that doesn't make it clear to me that Anet don't have GM's watching the game at all. It just tells me Anet does MORE than having GM's watch the game.

> >

>

> So you're saying all these 1.5k players have been confirmed hacking with the said software? Please show me the evidence. Even if there is no evidence This just shows the incompetent of how they are handling this and again banning off assumption.

I don't get where this expectation for 'burden of evidence' comes from. If Anet even suspects someone of abusing a service they provide, they ban them from using the service; they OWN the accounts.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > What makes you think Anet doesn't do that?

> > >

> > > Well clearly they arent cause people are just getting banned for having cheat engine running at the same time as GW2 was running based on a "multi period week" the thing they sent to look through what process people were running.

> >

> > No, that doesn't make it clear to me that Anet don't have GM's watching the game at all. It just tells me Anet does MORE than having GM's watch the game.

> >

>

> So you're saying all these 1.5k players have been confirmed hacking with the said software? Please show me the evidence. Even if there is no evidence This just shows the incompetent of how they are handling this and again banning off assumption.

That reminds me of another Judge Judy case. The defendant screamed out, "No one saw me throw that brick! They got no proof." Of course, she was found guilty a minute later. Hope I don't need to explain why.

And then there's this case:

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > >

> > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > >

> > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> >

> > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

>

> That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

You don't have the program or know what it's used for but just snap to HES GUILTY just cause it has "cheat" in it's programs name.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > > >

> > > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > >

> > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > >

> > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> >

> > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

>

> No because they said so themselves

>

> here is the exact quote

>

> >1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs

so you think that one sentence completely explains everything Anet did to assess if people should be banned or not? That seems like a really BAD assumption on your part. Beside ... it seems to me that what Anet detected is plenty enough reason to me to ban people.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > >

> > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > >

> > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > >

> > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> >

> > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

>

> You don't have the program or know what it's used for but just snap to HES GUILTY just cause it has "cheat" in it's programs name.

I don't need to know the name or what it's used for. it's up to Anet to decide what is allowed or not; they own the accounts, they provide the service. They even warn players with the agreement that 3rd party software is in violation of the terms of service ... what else do people want?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > > >

> > > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> > >

> > > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

> >

> > No because they said so themselves

> >

> > here is the exact quote

> >

> > >1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs

>

> so you think that one sentence completely explains everything Anet did to assess if people should be banned or not? That seems like a really BAD assumption on your part. Beside ... it seems to me that what Anet detected is plenty enough reason to me to ban people.

Yes because with that sentence and the information gathered on reddit we know they do not have enough information to prove that people were cheating

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > > >

> > > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > > >

> > > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> > >

> > > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

> >

> > You don't have the program or know what it's used for but just snap to HES GUILTY just cause it has "cheat" in it's programs name.

>

> I don't need to know the name or what it's used for. it's up to Anet to decide what is allowed or not; they own the accounts, they provide the service.

Well now you know why people are riled up about this. Banning off assumption and not proof. We know they own the accounts but it doesn't make it right for how they are banning.

Im surprised by the response by Anet tbh. My experience with players "cheating" in games comes from battlefield 3 where it seems like youre _always_ going to have them no matter what action is taken even with dedicated anti-cheat software required to play it. Cheaters always seem to find a workaround and ruin the fun anyway. I cant see how Anet can ban players in a mmo, who could be mainly PvE'ers, **unless** it was something extreme like tampering with the trade system, exploiting game code or hijacking players accounts. Theres much more time invested in a game such as this than a FPS where you can simply make another account and troll players immediately.

I suspect that Arcdps isnt the issue here (like has been stated by them), but I like make a point that anet should brick the program so it doesnt work anymore _then_ make their own dps meter / scoreboard IF they are just going to allow it anyway. Arcdps offers players too much an adv when using them (even though most of the PvE side is only pseudo competitive other players invariably bring up dps in fractals and such) and some players dont want to go through every 3rd party site to install misc programs, and even more so if they fear a potential ban.

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> > > >

> > > > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

> > >

> > > No because they said so themselves

> > >

> > > here is the exact quote

> > >

> > > >1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs

> >

> > so you think that one sentence completely explains everything Anet did to assess if people should be banned or not? That seems like a really BAD assumption on your part. Beside ... it seems to me that what Anet detected is plenty enough reason to me to ban people.

>

> Yes because with that sentence and the information gathered on reddit we know they do not have enough information to prove that people were cheating

really, so you know based on that one sentence and some information that biasesd, angry players gathered of reddit they didn't have enough information. That's comical to say the least. I'm pretty sure Anet isn't randomly banning people ... oh well.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > > > >

> > > > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> > > >

> > > > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

> > >

> > > You don't have the program or know what it's used for but just snap to HES GUILTY just cause it has "cheat" in it's programs name.

> >

> > I don't need to know the name or what it's used for. it's up to Anet to decide what is allowed or not; they own the accounts, they provide the service.

>

> Well now you know why people are riled up about this. Banning off assumption and not proof. We know they own the accounts but it doesn't make it right for how they are banning.

No, I don't know ... I don't see anything that tells me Anet made any assumptions and don't have proof.

> @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > >

> > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > >

> > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > >

> > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > >

> > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > >

> > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > >

> > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > >

> > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > >

> > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > >

> > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> >

> > Um . . . you asked for GMs to do this, and then you say they're wasting time doing it. So . . . which one is it now? Besides, that wasn't the point of me telling you that story. :)

>

> I'm asking GM's to investigate flagged accounts not showing up and go "Mind if i watch you" Of course people will either log off or stop cheating completely if they had a GM show up.

My account was flagged, the GM watched me while invisible, then he announced himself to see if my behavior would change . . . and it didn't. He did exactly what you're asking them to do. Let's not rewrite history. You asked for GMs to _watch_ players for suspicious activity. Done and done.

Doesn't get clearer than that as far as what you're asking.

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Um . . . you asked for GMs to do this, and then you say they're wasting time doing it. So . . . which one is it now? Besides, that wasn't the point of me telling you that story. :)

> >

> > I'm asking GM's to investigate flagged accounts not showing up and go "Mind if i watch you" Of course people will either log off or stop cheating completely if they had a GM show up.

>

> My account was flagged, the GM watched me while invisible, then he announced himself to see if my behavior would change . . . and it didn't. He did exactly what you're asking them to do. Let's not rewrite history. You asked for GMs to _watch_ players for suspicious activity. Done and done.

>

> Doesn't get clearer than that as far as what you're asking.

Yes but in this case they didn't and that is why people are complaining

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > @"artemis.6781" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > @"Jerks.3172" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > If ANet was sloppy, then those players running any cheat program while playing an MMO were equally as sloppy. Either way you slice it, caught is caught and hardly makes those players innocent.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Nobody has argued otherwise, but until after they were suspended they were not told or aware that you were not allowed to run cheat engine at the time as guild wars 2. Nobody was caught doing anything wrong because cheat engine is not inherently bad

> > > > > > > > > > > > > No, that's not even close to correct. Anyone that plays this game agrees to the terms and it's pretty clear 3rd party software is not allowed. They don't need to be told more than that; there is an expectation for a level of maturity and responsibility on the players part to understand what rules, restrictions and limits are involved when they sign up for this game service.

> > > > > > > > > > > > > You're mindset is irresponsible ... so if you aren't caught doing something, it's not wrong? I can see you have very little reason to be listened to at this point.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > If i recall how to use cheat engine, you had to inject it into a program before it can do anything. If its a program that can potentially cheat but they haven't got any evidence on the player cheating they need to just flag the account and do further investigation not ban with no remorse.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > You almost make it sound like Anet doesn't own the accounts that they took action on and need to PROVE to the player why they were banned. That's amusing to say the least.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I mean, what further investigation do you think should be done ... have a bunch of Anet employees sit around and watch the account in question play the game and hope they cheat? You do realize that's highly impractical no? All these calls for 'further investigation' makes it sound like you think the outcome woudl be different? makes it sound like you even have a clue of what they did and didn't do ...

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Except you don't.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > It's called hiring GM's with invisible mode on and watch the suspected players. Games like WoW, and many other do this why cant Anet do it?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Because they're busy creating content for a very hungry community desperate for it? The ironic part is I had a GM watch me solo a champion in the core game years ago before any expansion. I have no doubt players reported me for hacking because I repeatedly soloed the champion for loot.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Exchange went like this:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > GM: How's it going?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Me: Good. You?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > GM: Good. Mind if I watch you?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Me: No worries. :)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Five minutes later. . . .

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > GM: Have a nice day. ;)

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > But, seriously, you can't expect GMs to watch all people all the time. It's just not effective.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > This is a prime example of a GM wasting their time. I'm not saying GM should watch all players. Just players that are flagged for suspicion of hacking. They should NEVER reveal they are watching you.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Then how do you know they aren't watching you?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Because innocent people were banned and they admitted in this case they didn't investigate further

> > > > >

> > > > > That doesn't mean Anet have GM's watching people ... you seem to misinterpret 'innocent'. I don't have the software, I wasn't banned ... so you're saying Anet just randomly chose a bunch of people and banned them? That makes no sense.

> > > >

> > > > You don't have the program or know what it's used for but just snap to HES GUILTY just cause it has "cheat" in it's programs name.

> > >

> > > I don't need to know the name or what it's used for. it's up to Anet to decide what is allowed or not; they own the accounts, they provide the service.

> >

> > Well now you know why people are riled up about this. Banning off assumption and not proof. We know they own the accounts but it doesn't make it right for how they are banning.

>

> No, I don't know ... I don't see anything that tells me Anet made any assumptions and don't have proof.

So is that why Anet chose to hide the truth about the banning till they got exposed about the program they had sent out?

"1516 accounts were suspended because we detected that the accounts were running Guild Wars 2 at the same time as one or more of the following programs over a significant number of hours during a multi-week period earlier this year."

and why did chris cleary delete his post https://i.imgur.com/NJ5E3yF.png if they knew they didnt screw up?

> @"Twoodi.5849" said:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Um . . . you asked for GMs to do this, and then you say they're wasting time doing it. So . . . which one is it now? Besides, that wasn't the point of me telling you that story. :)

> > >

> > > I'm asking GM's to investigate flagged accounts not showing up and go "Mind if i watch you" Of course people will either log off or stop cheating completely if they had a GM show up.

> >

> > My account was flagged, the GM watched me while invisible, then he announced himself to see if my behavior would change . . . and it didn't. He did exactly what you're asking them to do. Let's not rewrite history. You asked for GMs to _watch_ players for suspicious activity. Done and done.

> >

> > Doesn't get clearer than that as far as what you're asking.

>

> Yes but in this case they didn't and that is why people are complaining

Really? You expected a nice personal greeting from a GM asking you if it would be OK for you stop cheating? Obviously, that 'personal touch' wasn't a very practical approach in this situation, so expecting it was a little silly.