Gathering Tool Update: what they didn't tell you

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"evilsofa.7296" said:

> Plant nodes are capped at 4 strikes total. Non-rich ore nodes and lumber nodes are capped at 6 strikes total. Rich ore nodes are capped at 10 strikes total, so the Glyph of Bounty or Item Booster will never have an effect on them. Those doing the rich ore mining route will want to use any glyph other than Bounty; one person reported being able to do the rich ore route in 15 minutes per character instead of 30 minutes per character with the Glyph of Industry but I cannot personally verify that.

I know this is what guildwiki says, but by my own experience i can confirm not all of this informations are true.

Several times while bonus event (and a few times before) i got 5 strikes on plant nodes.

Also several times i got 11 or 12 strikes on rich nodes. That was pretty easy to see, because i got 11/12 ores in my inventory after harvesting without having any before.

On non-rich ore and lumber nodes i can confirm the hardcap of 6 strikes, since i never had more then 6 strikes.

> @"Karaha.3290" said:

> > @"evilsofa.7296" said:

> > Plant nodes are capped at 4 strikes total. Non-rich ore nodes and lumber nodes are capped at 6 strikes total. Rich ore nodes are capped at 10 strikes total, so the Glyph of Bounty or Item Booster will never have an effect on them. Those doing the rich ore mining route will want to use any glyph other than Bounty; one person reported being able to do the rich ore route in 15 minutes per character instead of 30 minutes per character with the Glyph of Industry but I cannot personally verify that.

>

> I know this is what guildwiki says, but by my own experience i can confirm not all of this informations are true.

> Several times while bonus event (and a few times before) i got 5 strikes on plant nodes.

> Also several times i got 11 or 12 strikes on rich nodes. That was pretty easy to see, because i got 11/12 ores in my inventory after harvesting without having any before.

What may have happened there is a chance to get more than one of a resource on a single strike. This occurs naturally with plants and saplings, but on ore nodes, it requires a banner or guild boost.

Possible this happened to my rich ore nodes, i only looked at my inventory.

For plant nodes i defenitly can say that 5 strikes are possible since i got 5 several items and 5 several unbound magic hits (from glyph) from one plant.

Edit: I checked the rich nodes, got 11 several hits (11 several ores and 11 several magic) from one ore.

Using the Luck Dog gathering tool underwater will gather all the strike in one animation. Again, this only happens when used underwater. Not sure if this is a bug or intended.

Edit: This is true for three hits on plants and their like. If you're lucky enough to get the fourth hit underwater, you'll have to hit 'F' a second time.

After the newest patch, if you use Glyph of Bounty on 'currency' nodes, then it will give you a fourth strike on the first use of 'F'. Additional strikes beyond this will require another hit should you get lucky enough for a fifth or sixth gathering. :)

Edit: This appears to be true for all mining nodes beyond rich if you use the Glyph of Bounty. Also appears to be true for wood too. Nice hidden buff!

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> Must've been a bug or fluke. Can't get it to repeat. This happened in Spark Fen on a rich platinum node if anyone wants to test it.

If you are experiencing this after the patch, one of the changes was that all unlimited tools gained the feature that previously only some had: when you press the button to extract resources, they will take four resources, not three, in a single round.

The new Choya Logging Tool, via Glyph of the Prospector, grants a chance to gather metal of the same tier as the wood you're chopping. For example, Green Wood Logs have a chance to give copper ore and Elder Wood Logs will give mithril ore. In theory, Ancient wood could give orichalcum ore, but I haven't gotten lucky enough to get one yet. Will keep testing and edit this post.

Edit: Confirmed. There is a small chance the highest tier wood, like the Orrian sapling, will give orichalchum in addition to mithril.

Edit #2: In the home instances, all the trees are considered the highest tier due to their location and/or your character level. So, with Glyph of Prospector, they'll give mithril. Ancient Wood nodes also have a chance to give orichalchum ore in the home instances.

> @"Ardenwolfe.8590" said:

> The new Choya Logging Tool, via Glyph of the Prospector, grants a chance to gather metal of the same tier as the wood you're chopping. For example, Green Wood Logs have a chance to give copper ore and Elder Wood Logs will give mithril ore. In theory, Ancient wood could give orichalcum ore, but I haven't gotten lucky enough to get one yet. Will keep testing and edit this post.

>

> Edit: Confirmed. There is a small chance the highest tier wood, like the Orrian sapling, will give orichalchum in addition to mithril.

Thanks for the update!

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> I would think that it's not actually related to the node you gather from but your effective level. Test in Home Instance - if it only gets Mithril (with the rare Ori) it functions exactly like leatherworker/tailor glyphs.

Exactly. If that's an exploit, it's working as intended given the recent level fix to Salma district.

I have been getting a consistent 6-8 extra iron ores when I use the prospector glyph mining rich iron nodes. I'm currently working on rich platinum nodes. Tho they appear to not be as prosperous. Also I have the guild tavern boost and banners.

Edit: I mostly get iron, tho sometimes i do get copper and silver sprinkled in depending on the map :)

@"artemis.6781" You know, it never even dawned on me to use it for mining. LOL Awesome. Thank you for posting that!

Edit: Now I wonder if you'll get extra currency too. Hmm. Be right back.

Nope, still mithril. Ah well. :) Must say I was more than a little disappointed that ori-ore gave me more mithril too.

• 5 months later...

So ... I am trying to assimile all the info there as i currently have no harvest tool, no glyphs.

I suppose that the most profitable one is the extra hits harvesting ones, alongside with glyph of bounty ?

Which harvesting skin should i be looking for as of today ? To maximize rentability.

Guessing pickup would be :

- Lucky dog harvesting tool

- Shifting sands mining pick

Or all set of Volatile Magic ones ?

Since glyph can only be obtained from one particular unlimited harvest, they are costly.

Well actually i rarely go to Istan.

But i have no use for volatile magic, at least not yet.

Buying Glyph of bounty in hall is about 100 gold, i can afford it, with a bit of patience.

Flax farm = a maximum harvests possible in a specific place (ton of products) right ?

Still confused about which harvesting tool to buy, or combination of tools + glyphs ... For efficiency.

The Consortium Harvesting tool has one of the fastest animations. Unbound for wood, and VM for ore, unless that is outdated now. Then you can decide on glyphs. Note that none of this is very cost effective, as you will not really earn the gem and gold costs back for a long time, if ever. Mighty convenient, though.